District 10 A

AllCountyPatriot5815

jo byrns /ncs should be a great game.... this game could very well decide districts provided that ncs nor jo byrns loses any gams in district throughout the rest of the season...saying that im tired of everyone talking about jo byrns and ncs... its understood that we (ncs) are supposed to be good and jo byrns....i want to hear some good chats and match-ups on other teams....i dont want to come across as though jo byrns and ncs just have to show up but what are some other good match-ups??? is houston any good??? any opinions on a 3rd, 4th, 5th race for districts to challenge jo byrns and ncs???? also i dont believe whh should or could have won...on a normal fence most likely none of those home-runs would have been home-runs....i mean yeah i agree with east that there better....but for whatever reason and it makes me mad our team doesnt show up for games in the cold...i think (we) look for reasons to cover for a close win...bad umpiring,cold weather...every team goes through it...if ncs shows up like we should, we can and will hand it to teams but in my opinion we havent completely shown up for whatever reasons..... i believe that jo byrns and ncs will have to show up and play great ball to beat one or the other...anyways give me some good match-ups for the rest of the season???? and potential upsets???

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the first inning i hit a solo homerun and that put us up 1-0 until 4th inning and then they put up 3 to make it 3-1, then Hill got on base and then Zeak Pirtle hit a homerun with Hill on to make it tied, then we went up by one after the homerun 4-3, then NCS tore it up in the 6th and 7th inning, and we couldn't answer. We were mad that we lost, but in a way, we feel better then the begining of the season because we know now that we can hang with anybody in the district.

Their was no homerun hit in the first inning i think it was the 3rd but i struck out the first 6 in a row i think their was no homer in the 1st.One of the homers would have been outs at NCS and the other a double itmight have got out.Neither on of mine would have got out of anywhere but their or JO Byrns.Im not startin Friday i threw more pitches yesterday with the game being closer then intended.I didnt throw close to as good as i did against East my fastball was up and I lost alot of velocity in about the 3rd when the first homer was hit.Im ready for Friday home i get on the mound but i would reather win and not pitch then lose and pitch. Yea i could see why they pulled Hill if that was one of the first time he pitched in a couple of years. He doesnt throw that hard but has a good curveball he also thrown a 2 seamer i think or somthing that ran in a little.

Their was no homerun hit in the first inning i think it was the 3rd but i struck out the first 6 in a row i think their was no homer in the 1st.One of the homers would have been outs at NCS and the other a double itmight have got out.Neither on of mine would have got out of anywhere but their or JO Byrns.Im not startin Friday i threw more pitches yesterday with the game being closer then intended.I didnt throw close to as good as i did against East my fastball was up and I lost alot of velocity in about the 3rd when the first homer was hit.Im ready for Friday home i get on the mound but i would reather win and not pitch then lose and pitch. Yea i could see why they pulled Hill if that was one of the first time he pitched in a couple of years. He doesnt throw that hard but has a good curveball he also thrown a 2 seamer i think or somthing that ran in a little.

The first HR wasn't hit in the first, it was in the 2nd after I struck out. My HR came in the third, but the HR's don't really matter much when you lose the game. We played yall tough and yall are a very good hitting team. Both of your HR's came on pitches that should have been on the outside corner but ran in to the middle of the plate, but I don't take any credit away from you, you tagged those pretty well. Hill didn't play last year, and he has pitched well this year considering not playing. It's gonna take him some time to get his arm strength back to 100% but don't count us out of this by any means.

Today we got beat by CA 7-6, it was a really good game but we still couldn't avoid that one big inning, the scored 6 in the 2nd, so that wasn't good for us. The 1st inning we got out with no runs scored then we scored 2 in the bottom half, then they came back and got 6 in the 2nd which took the momentum we gained in the bottom of the 1st. We fought back the rest of the game but came up short 1 run. They hit the ball farely well, alot of bloopers right over the infield that the outfield couldn't get to it and neither could the outfield, so that hurt us a little. In the bottom of the 5th with the scored 7-6 i was on 2nd with Nick Kahn up, he hits a shot right back at the pitcher and he just sticks his glove up and catches, which would have been the tieing run if it wasn't for a good but lucky play. How did the rest of the games go, i'm really bummed that we couldn't pull this game out, losing is really getting on my nerves and i hope that is to the rest of the team, we got East Lit tomorrow and hopefully we can win that one with Clinard on the hill. Coffee should be good for more games this week, he pitched the 1st 2 innings with me coming in the last 5 so maybe i'll be ready for McEwen on Friday depending on how good my arm recovers. Hope all the other games were as good as this one!

Man Hooper, I am bummed to see that u guys lost to CA, but i tried to warn u that they arent that bad. So i take it that Hill wont pitch against us today, and that Mcdowell wont Friday. Who else does Heritage and NCS have to pitch? I know NCS has some other good arms, but to be frank, JBS rocked all of them last year. But it seems like the NCS team is all around improved, so u cant look at last year.

What are the match ups today and the rest of the week? We have Heritage, then NCS. I know East has East Lit. Who does everybody else have? NCS, did u guys make up ur game w/ Houston Co.?

jo byrns /ncs should be a great game.... this game could very well decide districts provided that ncs nor jo byrns loses any gams in district throughout the rest of the season...saying that im tired of everyone talking about jo byrns and ncs... its understood that we (ncs) are supposed to be good and jo byrns....i want to hear some good chats and match-ups on other teams....i dont want to come across as though jo byrns and ncs just have to show up but what are some other good match-ups??? is houston any good??? any opinions on a 3rd, 4th, 5th race for districts to challenge jo byrns and ncs???? also i dont believe whh should or could have won...on a normal fence most likely none of those home-runs would have been home-runs....i mean yeah i agree with east that there better....but for whatever reason and it makes me mad our team doesnt show up for games in the cold...i think (we) look for reasons to cover for a close win...bad umpiring,cold weather...every team goes through it...if ncs shows up like we should, we can and will hand it to teams but in my opinion we havent completely shown up for whatever reasons..... i believe that jo byrns and ncs will have to show up and play great ball to beat one or the other...anyways give me some good match-ups for the rest of the season???? and potential upsets???

Looks like CA is definately in a position to finish in the top 2, 3 or 4. Although i still think that NCS and Jo Byrns will finish in the top 2. East, Houston Co. should fight for the next 2 spots. Followed by prolly East Lit.

Hoop, sorry I can't make it to the games this week! We got hit pretty bad by the Tornados this weekend! I have been working all week to clean up my parents plave and I just can't make it to the game! We still have so much clean up to do! Please keep me updated! Good luck against East Lit today!

Edited by dave61502

Looks like CA is definately in a position to finish in the top 2, 3 or 4. Although i still think that NCS and Jo Byrns will finish in the top 2. East, Houston Co. should fight for the next 2 spots. Followed by prolly East Lit.

When I read your posts I ask myself...do u speak to the baseball gods? Only reason being is because you seem to think you know everything. It's amazing. But since we all have opinions here, I will express mine appropriately. This year, NCS has not only improved as a team but surpassed Jo Byrns on the diamond. This doesn't mean that NCS will beat them every time the 2 teams meet but their chances of winning are much higher because of depth. My prediction, whoever has the least ammount of errors will win. Defend your stance if you want bigtuck, but it won't change anything I just said.

Edited by satars12

When I read your posts I ask myself...do u speak to the baseball gods? Only reason being is because you seem to think you know everything. It's amazing. But since we all have opinions here, I will express mine appropriately. This year, NCS has not only improved as a team but surpassed Jo Byrns on the diamond. This doesn't mean that NCS will beat them every time the 2 teams meet but their chances of winning are much higher because of depth. My prediction, whoever has the least ammount of errors will win. Defend your stance if you want bigtuck, but it won't change anything I just said.

Well if i respect ur opinion about NCS, but ur statement about me knowing everything is crazy. IF u look at my last posts, i put that i THINk and that things MIGHT or PROBABLY will turn out like that. I never said that thats how things are gonna happen. Anybody can haven opinion ur right, but i'm sorry if u dont like mine, i have never even said that we are better then NCS. I have seen East, CA, East Lit, and Houston Co. so far this year, so I know alittle bit about how the teams look. So u can keep the smart comments to urself.

I don't see why the first game between NCS/Jo Byrns is such a big deal. It is the middle of the season, nothing matters until the end and in the tourny. Don't get me wrong, when I played it was a big deal too, but come on. Also, I know that everyone has picked these two teams to finish one and two, including me. However, no one seems to think that CA is a threat, why is that? They've beat Jo Byrns and East Robertson, that seems significant to me. Good luck to NCS and Jo Byrns on Friday.

the reason why CA is not taken as a threat is because they lack the pitching to shut a team down. i understand that if you have a great defense behind a pitcher then it doesnt matter as much but in games like the ncs vs ca game they couldnt get to the balls we hit because they were line drives up the middle, in the gap, etc. also there hitting is not great either. yes they are average and will put the ball in play but again lack the ability to hit lights out.....ultimately although yes it is CA who gets the win, i think the reason why they have been successful is yes hard work but other teams beating themselves rather it be mental or "one bad inning".... all that said i do believe CA is a strong candidate for 3rd because they are fundamentally sound on the basics of the game and having fun...other teams have struggled with basics or seem to be fronting over a loss hear or there... to everyone...ENJOY IT!!!! everyone catches breaks or can look back on a season and find something good about it....good luck (looking forward to friday)

Man Hooper, I am bummed to see that u guys lost to CA, but i tried to warn u that they arent that bad. So i take it that Hill wont pitch against us today, and that Mcdowell wont Friday. Who else does Heritage and NCS have to pitch? I know NCS has some other good arms, but to be frank, JBS rocked all of them last year. But it seems like the NCS team is all around improved, so u cant look at last year.

What are the match ups today and the rest of the week? We have Heritage, then NCS. I know East has East Lit. Who does everybody else have? NCS, did u guys make up ur game w/ Houston Co.?

No we havent made up the game at Houston County im not sure but we will probabaly play a double header because its such a long drive either way.And i dont think you talk to the baseball gods and i seem to agree with most of the things that you say.