JC over Clay

Dawg05

I agree that Dustin Rich is a great player! He is also a great kid from a great family. But let's be realistic here. If we (Celina fans, etc.) can all see that he has a great inside game, don't you think the other district coaches have figured that out too? It's really hard to get him the ball when the defense is so tight on him.

Coach Edwards will do his best to have them ready for Wednesday. Practice hard, show up and play some real Bulldog basketball, boys!!

Edited by Celinafan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a comment about points inside for Clay Co. the big kid sat most of the first half with foul trouble and Jackson Co had a little something to do with him not getting the ball in the second. Go Blue.

And LA beat them by 40 because he played a zone?!?!?! If that was a factor, it was just one of many. Jackson County had nothing to do with last night's game like LA had nothing to do with theirs.......tunnel vision.

I agree that Dustin Rich is a great player! He is also a great kid from a great family. But let's be realistic here. If we (Celina fans, etc.) can all see that he has a great inside game, don't you think the other district coaches have figured that out too? It's really hard to get him the ball when the defense is so tight on him.

Coach Edwards will do his best to have them ready for Wednesday. Practice hard, show up and play some real Bulldog basketball, boys!!

LOL. First of all I agree that he is a great player. I am NOT a relative of Dustin Rich is another thing, that was a complete idiot who thought I was, just by posting that they should look at him. I am not saying that a zone is the only reason they lost to Livingston they were not going to beat Livingston again like the ffirst time anyways. I am also not saying that zone is the ONLY reason they lost to JC last night, they did not play good, JC did. All I am saying is that the zone has not worked on teams that shoot the ball well this year (FCS, JC, LA). Man-to-man might be an option for teams like this, and will probably have to be in the tourney. Now, back to Dustin Rich, just because he is a good post player, and everyone knows it is a GREAT reason for him not ot get the ball, I mean why wouldn't it be?????? I will agree that it is really hard to get him the ball when someone is playing tight D on him, the fact of the matter is this, WE DO NOT TRY TO GET HIM THE BALL. Whether he has D on him or not, they are not urged to throw the post the ball, and never have been urged to do so. That was also a big factor last night, he has to score more than 6-8 points, and he also has to get THE BALL to do that. Everyone in the stands can see that he needs the ball more than what he gets it, that was also a factor against LA, not like it would have mattered in the end, but the POST ate us alive on defense, and ours never got THE CHANCE to return the favor on offense. All I am saying is we will win more games if he will get the ball, but as everyone watching from the Celina side knows, he is not going to get the ball, unless he Rebounds it for his self to score, so I guess I will just hope he gets more rebounds so the post can have some effect on the outcome of the game in the Tourneys. Good Luck to the Dawgs in the tournaments, and if you guys don't pick it up and play better than ya'll have been playing, there will be an early exit coming in the Region tournament, so it all boils down to how bad you want it? and who wants it more you or the teams you are going to be playing? Good Luck.

Its amazing how people come out of the stands and become coaches. Clay County has a coach, a VERY good one i might add. I think our boys need to step up their play in every aspect and quit listening to how good everyone "thinks" they are or how good they "were" suppose to be. Its tournament time and as we all witnessed last year, ANYONE can be upset. This was just one game in a long season. Its over, the better team won last night and that was that. I for one would like to see those two teams do it all over again for the district championship. Good luck to all the athletes that play the game! :thumb:

jc has been like a loaded cannon all year, you just never knew when they would fire. well, fire they did last nite. four full quarters of playing hard and playing with heart. great game to watch. good to see that kind of team spirt on the floor, you did yourselves proud boys!! play that way every game and you'll open some eyes.

Well put DF! :thumb:

Clay does not seem to be playing well right now, I hope they can turn it around before the region.

JC played VERY good last night, they would have beat almost anyone you put out there. They really wanted that game, and I hope that JC and Clay meet again in the finals of the district next week.

Anyone know the outcome of the coin flip yet?

Edited by ECS

Well put DF! :thumb:

Clay does not seem to be playing well right now, I hope they can turn it around before the region.

JC played VERY good last night, they would have beat almost anyone you put out there. They really wanted that game, and I hope that JC and Clay meet again in the finals of the district next week.

Anyone know the outcome of the coin flip yet?

Guarantee the coin has been flipped, but it'll probably be a little while before they get out of the meeting. Those can go on until close to lunch sometimes.

Word should get around pretty soon, though, thanks to our modern marvel--the cell phone.

Coin flip shouldn't affect things very much either way. Two and three will be in the same bracket and face each other in the semis, barring a major upset.