Lake County vs Gleason

sbl0702

Can you say "Deja Vu All Over Again"? Who besides me was in that rowdy South Fulton gym in 1996 when the Lady Falcons upset the top-ranked, 31-0 Lady Bulldogs, also in the regional semifinals? Granted, that was a better Gleason team and a better LC team that night...but that doesn't diminish the significance of this win.

Someone told me last week that Lake County's girls might have just as good a chance of going to the 'Boro as the boys, if not better. I don't know what the teams in Region 8A have, but the Lady Falcons have probably as much athleticism as anyone.

Quick history lesson, for those that haven't followed LC recently: The last regional title for the Lady Falcons came in 1994 when LaSheka Bolden hit a buzzer-beating 5-foot jumper to beat (you guessed it) Gleason at (you guessed it again) Trenton. The end result -- a state tournament Final Four appearance before falling to eventual champ Oneida. Since then, LC has played in the regional title game twice, falling to Bradford both times.

Greenfield is no slouch, but they are no Gleason, either. I like Lake County's chances.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very hard for a team to defeat a good team in four match-ups in a basketball season or any type of sport for that matter, and I will just leave it at this: This season's Region 7A Championship will not include the top two teams in the Region. However, again, it is just another example of how the postseason can shake things up.

dudeutm, I have to respectfully disagree with you on the two best teams playing in the regional final. Gleason, I can agree on but UC was or is no better than Lake County. If you go back and look head to head LC beat UC at home, lost at home but blew a 22-9 lead and a 2 point lead at the end of 3. I feel there was not much difference between Lake Co. Greenfield and Union City. To end I will go to Muffin, I hope you are not relying on the DemoRATS oops I mean Democrats. :D:(

Can you say "Deja Vu All Over Again"? Who besides me was in that rowdy South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> gym in 1996 when the Lady Falcons upset the top-ranked, 31-0 Lady Bulldogs, also in the regional semifinals? Granted, that was a better Gleason team and a better LC team that night...but that doesn't diminish the significance of this win.

Someone told me last week that Lake County's girls might have just as good a chance of going to the 'Boro as the boys, if not better. I don't know what the teams in Region 8A have, but the Lady Falcons have probably as much athleticism as anyone.

Quick history lesson, for those that haven't followed LC recently: The last regional title for the Lady Falcons came in 1994 when LaSheka Bolden hit a buzzer-beating 5-foot jumper to beat (you guessed it) Gleason at (you guessed it again) Trenton. The end result -- a state tournament Final Four appearance before falling to eventual champ Oneida. Since then, LC has played in the regional title game twice, falling to Bradford both times.

Greenfield is no slouch, but they are no Gleason, either. I like Lake County's chances.

I was.

I'm still in shock...................

Meagan Price played her heart out tonight and did everything in her power to help Gleason win. Meagan, I'm proud of you. You have been a team player your whole career and never looked for any praise. I enjoyed watching you and all the seniors for the last four years. Lake County just outplayed Gleason tonight. It is a real shocker to me that I didnt think could happen. Good luck to Lake County Tuesday night.

Go Lady Jackets

As was I, & I'm still in shock as well. I think I will be until November...

I think everyone is in shock and will be for a while. I never lost faith in our girls though and I knew they could do it. If Lake County would have hit all the easy lay-ups they missed, I bet we would have won by 10 points. We missed way to many easy shots, but we pulled out of it. I am so proud of our girls! They deserve it! Way to go Lady Falcons and let's beat Greenfield and bring sub-state to our house!

Congrats to Lake County and Greenfield on their BIG wins tonight. To say that I am shocked that Lake County pulled the upset is an understatement. I knew that if Gleason didn't pick up their game that someone would knock them off, but I didn't believe that it would be tonight. This is a HUGE upset as Gleason was a definite favorite for the Gold Ball. This just goes to show you that anything can happen during tournament time and it is upsets like these that make this time of the year so exciting. Greenfield's win over Union City isn't as big of an upset as Lake County over Gleason, but you have to keep in mind that Union City had beaten Greenfield 3 times already this year. This is the type of stepping stone that the Greenfield program needs to get them on their way, because, and I am being dead serious when I say this, Greenfield over the next few years will be the dynasty that Bradford once was. They may not end up with a bunch of Gold Balls (because of Jackson County), but they will more then likely end up with some Silver ones and quite a few State Tournament appearances.

The winner of the Lake County/Greenfield game will go to state. The loser will more then likely have to play Madison Academic Magnet in Jackson and I'm not so sure that either Lake County or Greenfield will be able to pull that one off. Congrats to both teams on the huge wins and good luck the rest of the way.

I think everyone is in shock and will be for a while. I never lost faith in our girls though and I knew they could do it. If Lake County would have hit all the easy lay-ups they missed, I bet we would have won by 10 points. We missed way to many easy shots, but we pulled out of it. I am so proud of our girls! They deserve it! Way to go Lady Falcons and let's beat Greenfield and bring sub-state to our house!

If Gleason would've hit all the easy layups they missed, they'd have won by 20. Good luck Tuesday night against Greenfield.

westviewman, LC had Kayla's number. She didn't get many opportunities to score, & I don't remember her hitting a 3. She couldn't breathe wrong, or they'd call a foul, & she fouled out in the 4th.