Region 6 A

orange

If my memory serves me correctly I think Billy Green hurt his ankle that game and it knocked him out of getting Mr. Football that year. I also remember many players leaving that game with ice packs on their shoulders and legs. But what a game it was that night! I used to carry the Moore County banner/flag when the team came out. I was in seventh grade, I still remember everyone being in tears that night after the loss. I can still see that game in my head and all the big plays and big names, like Green for MC and Coggins WC( I think that was name?) the Mr. football winner of 95? Too bad those days are gone.

if he hurt his ankle in that game, He went on to play on it because he was in the whole game. he ran hard, but our whole defensive game plan was to stop Green. Coggins won mr football in 97, the year after this game. Big plays in this game came from Ben Modena, Tyrone Richardson and Nathan Staggs. these guys broke some big plays on the offensive side. Coggins did not have a big night. The whole defense played like World beaters.

Green was an awesome back and probably should have won mr. football that year.

i will never forget the post game speech by coach rice and coach crews, it seemed like all the fans that were there came down to hear it. they were so proud that night.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know MC would have been a lot better if he was still there. They have a habit at MC of running coaches off if they are not allowed to coach. GO HORNETS--2 in a row over MC

You know MC would have been a lot better if he was still there. They have a habit at MC of running coaches off if they are not allowed to coach. GO HORNETS--2 in a row over MC

Correct on the first part. That's the basketball program lovers that does the other part. Coach Mac had been planning that getway for a long time. Could be three in row if something doesn't change. I will bet Huntland can't make it 11 straight. :)

Edited by BURLEY

I heard there was going to be an announcement on the Wayne Co. job next week. Hearing through the grapevine it is one of the coaches at Collinwood.Let us know!

Also when is Eagleville going through spring practice? Hearing awesome things from this bunch!

Got a phone call this morning and the reliable source said that Coach Vandiver from Collinwood is the next coach at Wayne Co. Good luck next year and welcome to Region-6!

Got a phone call this morning and the reliable source said that Coach Vandiver from Collinwood is the next coach at Wayne Co. Good luck next year and welcome to Region-6!

who is coach Vandiver, was he coaching highschool in collinwood. i dont remember that guy. what happened to coach Rice? it seems like there would be a lot of interest in this job but i havent heard any other names but these two. did the school not advertise. what is going on here? does waynesboro not want the best for the football program. the school is ###### a lot of people off by keeping this situation so hush, hush. if they dont get their act together, my kids will be playing in Green for coach statum!!

who is coach Vandiver, was he coaching highschool in collinwood. i dont remember that guy. what happened to coach Rice? it seems like there would be a lot of interest in this job but i havent heard any other names but these two. did the school not advertise. what is going on here? does waynesboro not want the best for the football program. the school is ###### a lot of people off by keeping this situation so hush, hush. if they dont get their act together, my kids will be playing in Green for coach statum!!

Not sure why this was up in the air for this long. Rice, the former coach, was interested. If the stuff about Vandiver turns out to be true, I guess they didn't want to hire him back. Doesn't make much sense to let it go on so long. And it does seem as if it was rather hush-hush.

Coach Vandiver coaches the jr high team at Collinwood.