Watertown hosting Class A State Championship

UCSportsFan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson County has 5 actually, but if we would have been in A in the late 90's through the 4 peat years we would have more I think. Had some very good teams that didnt win it all in AA, that were very talented.

73 (I think), 00, 01, 02, 03

73 was a class S and 00-03 were AA :P

It doesn't matter what class you are in when talking about state championships. There is a reason why Jackson County was in AA, and that is because they had a similar enrollment as the rest of the AA schools. It is all relative in that if you can win a A state championship, then you can also win a AA or AAA state campionship because you will add more students and as a result more quality basketball players as you move up in classes.

You cannot say that Jackson County's championships are more impressive than Clarkrange's because let's pretned Clarkrange's enrollment is increased by 150 students or so. This new group of students might include Brandi Brown from York. If that was the case then Clarkrange would be able to play with any AA team in the state. I would venture to guess that Lamar would have gotten two AA state championships out of Brown. This thoery can work in the other way as well. Let's assume that Jackson County's enrollment in the late 90's-early 2000's decreased enough to move down to A. If Andrea Davidson and/or Marissa Hensley was one of those students who was no longer at Jackson County High School, then you could say they would have captured one, maybe two state championships in A instead of the four-peat.

Again, it is impossible to compare state championships in different classes.

well let's see.. since the reclasification is done every 5 yrs. in around the yr. 2000 is when this would have been done. and the reason they dropped to class A ball. was due to dropping below 500 students. to have an enrollment now of 452. i for one have not said or have seen anyone say that JC 4gold balls were more impressive than anyone else's gold balls. in A AA or AAA. on the other hand j.county is the only team in state history to win 4 gold in a row in AA. along with pickett in A. and i believe shelbyville in AAA. that you can say is impressive!!!!! I dont care who you are, or where you are from ,you cant deny that for any of these teams, and to say that you can't compare state championshipsone to another. yes they can! j.county can compare there 4 in a row to pickett and shelbyville.something NO ONE ELSE CAN DO! the mark has been set by these three schools. how many can your school win in a row. if you match or surpass then that will be very impressive. but to say if this could have happened, or if that could have happened, or maybe if the stars and moon were or were not in alignment. things might have been different is bogus. seems to me all yall are doing is grasping at straws. :angry:

well let's see.. since the reclasification is done every 5 yrs. in around the yr. 2000 is when this would have been done. and the reason they dropped to class A ball. was due to dropping below 500 students. to have an enrollment now of 452. i for one have not said or have seen anyone say that JC 4gold balls were more impressive than anyone else's gold balls. in A AA or AAA. on the other hand j.county is the only team in state history to win 4 gold in a row in AA. along with pickett in A. and i believe shelbyville in AAA. that you can say is impressive!!!!! I dont care who you are, or where you are from ,you cant deny that for any of these teams, and to say that you can't compare state championshipsone to another. yes they can! j.county can compare there 4 in a row to pickett and shelbyville.something NO ONE ELSE CAN DO! the mark has been set by these three schools. how many can your school win in a row. if you match or surpass then that will be very impressive. but to say if this could have happened, or if that could have happened, or maybe if the stars and moon were or were not in alignment. things might have been different is bogus. seems to me all yall are doing is grasping at straws. :angry:

The reason I said what I did is because someone made the comment that Jackson County would have won more state championships had they been in A. I just stated that is impossible to assume that because of some possible factors I mentioned. I agree that four consecutive state championships is a remarkable feat and I have a lot of respect for those players and coaches who accomplished this. All I was saying was that if Jackson County had been in A, it probably would have come at the expense of a couple of players. I mean they would have lost a number of students which more than likely would have included two or three basketball players. Get your facts straight before you get on here and question me like that. I was not saying anything negative about those Jackson County teams.

your entire comment is nothing but an assumption! still crying what could have been or what might have been, as far as having facts straight you are totally clueless about them. once again you speak only of what might have been. the comments i have made are all FACT. in fact you can go to TSSAA web site and confirm these FACTS.in black and white. so know what your talking about WITH FACTS before you get on here and start talking and bashing, be swift to hear and slow to speak. :angry::angry:

your entire comment is nothing but an assumption! still crying what could have been or what might have been, as far as having facts straight you are totally clueless about them. once again you speak only of what might have been. the comments i have made are all FACT. in fact you can go to TSSAA web site and confirm these FACTS.in black and white. so know what your talking about WITH FACTS before you get on here and start talking and bashing, be swift to hear and slow to speak. :blink::blink:

Wow, I am impressed that you can read. If you look back on my posts, you will see that i used such words as "assume" and "pretend" so yes, my comment is an assumption. Again, you think that I am bashing Jackson County for their accomplishment. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I commended them for winning four straight state titles. I just said that we cannot assume that they would have won more championships had they been in A. And that is a FACT. It is a FACT that they would have lost students had they been in A. Can you do the math? I'll help you out a little. If a school is in AA, they have more students enrolled than a A school.

once again,let say know what your talking about before speaking, for another FACT,here we go, the girls that you have mentioned and all the other girls that were the teams that were state runners up in 99 and state champs 2000 - 2003 were all born and raised right here in good old j.county. not move in's or anything else. so for them to move away or what ever would be kind of stupid, to pick up and have moved, to what a losing team? what i can't understand how you can keep coming off with this shoulda,coulda,woulda,tha FACT is they didn't! so therefore quit assuming and pretending something that didn't happen, i you can't come off with facts then don't comment :blink::blink:

WELL IT HAS BEEN FUN SPARING WITH EVERYONE.CONGRATS JC ON THE WIN.I SURE HATE TO SEE LADY BUFFS SEASON COME TO AN END,JORDAN AND MIRANDA IT HAS BEEN GREAT WATCHING YOU GIRLS PLAY BALL FOR THE PAST YEARS, YOU BOTH AS WELL AS THE OTHER SENIORS WILL BE MISSED.THE GIRLS JUST GOT OUT PLAYED TONIGHT LOTS OF BIG TURNOVERS,BAD SHOTS JUST NOT OUR NIGHT,AND GUESS WHAT I AM NOT BLAMING THE REFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GOOD LUCK RBS REGARDLESS OF WHAT EVERYONE THINKS I ENJOY WATCHING LAKEN PLAY BALL.WE WILL DEFINATELY BE HEARING HER NAME FOR YEARS TO COME AND RBS DESERVE TO WIN.SO GO FOR THE GOLD GIRLS GO ALL THE WAY.

:blink:

Edited by forever lady buffs fan

WELL IT HAS BEEN FUN SPARING WITH EVERYONE.CONGRATS JC ON THE WIN.I SURE HATE TO SEE LADY BUFFS SEASON COME TO AN END,JORDAN AND MIRANDA IT HAS BEEN GREAT WATCHING YOU GIRLS PLAY BALL FOR THE PAST YEARS, YOU BOTH AS WELL AS THE OTHER SENIORS WILL BE MISSED.THE GIRLS JUST GOT OUT PLAYED TONIGHT LOTS OF BIG TURNOVERS,BAD SHOTS JUST NOT OUR NIGHT,AND GUESS WHAT I AM NOT BLAMING THE REFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GOOD LUCK RBS REGARDLESS OF WHAT EVERYONE THINKS I ENJOY WATCHING LAKEN PLAY BALL.WE WILL DEFINATELY BE HEARING HER NAME FOR YEARS TO COME AND RBS DESERVE TO WIN.SO GO FOR THE GOLD GIRLS GO ALL THE WAY.

:thumb:

Good Post, and it seems like yesterday that I saw Cravens and Ramsey playing as freshmen, whooping up on alot of older, better teams! Congrats to Clarkrange and Coach Rogers on a great season and best of Luck in the future! :thumb:

Hope RBS can bring it home for 7A!!!