SUMMERTOWN LADY EAGLES 6A CHAMPS

17curly

Congrats to Summertown on winning the Region 6 Championship. You girls are all that was advertised.

Richland played hard but Summertown exposed their weaknesses. We basically forgot how to play basketball in the 4th, being outscored 19 to 6 in the quarter. I think the momentum really turned when Richland pulled what I am going to start calling "A Richland". We do not know how to finish out quarters. With 1 minute left in the 3rd and with the ball and a 33 to 28 point lead, Richland should have held for one shot and went into the fourth with at least a 5 point lead, possibly a 7 or 8 point lead. Instead, we throw the ball away, ST hits a 3, and then we have the ball back up only 33 to 31. With 5 seconds left we are still standing 8 feet beyond the 3-point line looking toward the bench. I wish we would learn that a last shot should be taken with about 5 or 6 seconds left. That way you have a chance to rebound and get another shot and your opponent does not have time to get a shot off. That left the score at 33 to 31 at the end of 3 quarters. ST came out and scored the first 8 points of the fourth to go up 39 to 33. Richland fought back to pull within 2 at 39 to 37. That was as close as it got with ST making its foul shots and a couple of lay-ups to pull away.

We also did not finish out the first quarter. Tied at 9, ST scored the last 6 points of the quarter to lead 15 to 9 after one. However, Richland played a great second quarter to tie the game at 26 at halftime. It was a defensive battle in the third with Richland having the upper hand until a minute to go in the quarter. Then things went bad.

Do not get me wrong, STs tough tough Defense caused allot of our mistakes.

We finally set a good pick tonight (hope the ST girl is alright), but that is how you get defenders off your guards. That pick took guts to set.

Good luck Summertown Saturday night. I am sure you will make it to 'Boro.

Congrats Richland on a good effort. Your youth showed in the end but you played hard and can be proud. Now we get to see our buddies from Forrest.

Edited by jamieroper

Did she tear her ACL?

Yes, torn ACL, some cartilidge damage and possibly some other ligament damage. Surgery scheduled for March 22nd (allowing time for the swelling to go down before operating).

The Lady Eagles were a little slow out of the box tonight, as could be expected when you are learning new roles & responsibilities. Didn't get enough pressure on Vaughn at the point, or Bell from the perimeter in the first half, which kept Richland in the game (Bell had 4 treys in the first half - 18 of Richland's 26 points in the first half came from treys). Made the proper adjustments at the half and were able to pull out the victory.

Richland, you can give Forrest fits - go in there with your heads held high and take it to them - hopefully Region 6 will have 2 representatives in the 'Boro.

Edited by EagleClaw

Congrats to Summertown on the win. However, the injury to Tucker pretty much destroys any chance they had of winning the Gold Ball. They could have beaten Jackson County and RBS with her but now it would take a superb, total team effort to even keep it close. I hate it for them and for her because they have worked so hard. Good luck to the Lady Eagles.

Congrats to Summertown on the win. However, the injury to Tucker pretty much destroys any chance they had of winning the Gold Ball. They could have beaten Jackson County and RBS with her but now it would take a superb, total team effort to even keep it close. I hate it for them and for her because they have worked so hard. Good luck to the Lady Eagles.

Congrats to Summertown on their win, i for one hate to hear of the injury to the young lady. You never want a child to get hurt out there thats for sure. Before the game tonight up here we all wished eachother well and the last thing i said was

"may the best team win and hopefully no one will get hurt". Good luck to your team and hopefully the young lady will have a speedy recovery and be back up and playing again next year! :thumb:

Congrats Girls on your win tonite, glad I could be there to see you win it. Really hurts to hear about Tamia, she was a BIG part of this team.. Wish her the fastest recovery possible. I'm still with ya'll till the end though.. ya'll play the ball I know Willard's taught you to play and nuthin's impossible.. that gold ball is still in reach.. ya'll just have to keep that drive to "want" it.. Best of luck Sat. Night! I'll be there for sure, wouldn't miss it.

CONGRATULATIONS SUMMERTOWN "LADY" EAGLES! :o

An exciting game from beginning to end! We'll be waiting for

ya'll in Murfreesboro(after a couple of wins).....just keep it up

and keep working together!!!!!!!! You know your team has what it

takes to be Champions----You already are!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

We will continue to pray for Tamia to have a complete

recovery from her injuries....what a great player!!!

Edited by mtsu82

Everyone will agree that with a major starter going down prior to state, it becomes harder for Summertown to win at state. But I can promise you this, no one will beat Summertown by scoring 25 points. And Summertown will not be held to 19 points. If I have ever made a guarantee that I truely believe in, that is it.

One thing about last nights game. Summertown needs to shoot more 3s. You may have the best 3 point shooters I have seen. Then again, your post play is great too. #34 positively needs to shoot more. I do not think she missed more than a shot or two, if that. I like the way Summertown Subs to keep people fresh too.

Good luck Summertown.

Everyone will agree that with a major starter going down prior to state, it becomes harder for Summertown to win at state. But I can promise you this, no one will beat Summertown by scoring 25 points. And Summertown will not be held to 19 points. If I have ever made a guarantee that I truely believe in, that is it.

One thing about last nights game. Summertown needs to shoot more 3s. You may have the best 3 point shooters I have seen. Then again, your post play is great too. #34 positively needs to shoot more. I do not think she missed more than a shot or two, if that. I like the way Summertown Subs to keep people fresh too.

Good luck Summertown.

Thanks COACH Summertown certainly needs a little help.