Greeneville Devils take on Powell Panthers

what's so funny about this is that if you're referring to this post, I don'think anyone is being blamed for anything nor have I commented on anything that was not true about your team during the Land Air tournament. I suggest you direct your attention to your teams next game and stop giving a team that is obviously disappointed and play-weary a hard time. I said my congratulations, what more do you want?

Your a trash talker and your just getting ribbed a little. It's all good. I'm sure Powell's players would be the first to admit that they were unprepared for Greeneville's style of play.

Greeneville dominated the game, but everyone showed class at the end. That's all that matters. Were you even at the game? Greeneville has a decent team, huh?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I thought that score would be a little closer after all the talking up of Powell. Good luck to the Devils in the states, even thought they have to face the #1 team in the state in the first round.

Greeneville simply came out smoking in the first quarter. They were 10 of 12 from the field in the first quarter, with 5 of those baskets being three pointers. They led 28-11 after one and that was just about all she wrote.

Congrats to Greeneville. They played great tonight.

Their reward is a date with the number one team in the state in Memphis Hamilton, who also just happens to be the number 6 team in America, according to USA Today.

Good luck Greene Devils.

Greeneville will probably get destroyed by Hamilton.

That is the 34-0 Hamilton.

Hamilton has 3 Division 1 signess.

Maybe you should advise Coach Duncan of your prediction. I'm sure he would save the Greeneville City School System a bunch of money and call in a forfeit.

Better yet, I bet a dollar that Greeneville will still go ahead and give it a shot. You never know. After all, that's why they play the game.

Sure wish Clinton had been the one to represent 3-AAA. Clinton beat Greeneville at the beginning of the season. Just goes to show you.

But, they didn't. Congratulations to Powell on a great season. Now, we pull for Greeneville to represent East Tennesse in the state tournament. I hope they can do well against the West Tennessee teams.

Greeneville is really not even close to the team it was in November. But anyways, hopefully they can put another one together next Thursday. It will certainly be the challenge of a lifetime.

Maybe you should advise Coach Duncan of your prediction. I'm sure he would save the Greeneville City School System a bunch of money and call in a forfeit.

Better yet, I bet a dollar that Greeneville will still go ahead and give it a shot. You never know. After all, that's why they play the game.

Bill will do a good job of getting his kids ready to play. Always has, always will. But I doubt this one will be decided on coaching.

But playing in the IMAC and Region 1 is a whole other ballgame compared to Memphis ball.

Hamilton is very, very good. They could probably just roll the ball out there and go at it and wind up 34-0.

Greeneville will fight, but it won't be enough.

Bill will do a good job of getting his kids ready to play. Always has, always will. But I doubt this one will be decided on coaching.

But playing in the IMAC and Region 1 is a whole other ballgame compared to Memphis ball.

Hamilton is very, very good. They could probably just roll the ball out there and go at it and wind up 34-0.

Im glad everyone on here is a basketball genius and everything, but if you look at scores then you have to take a look at this. Greeneville plays memphis craigmont at a tourney in nashville and loses by seven or eight without wiggins. They had the game won and blew it by fouling. Jackson central merry plays craigmont last wed and beats them 53 to 48. Jackson central merry plays hamilton tonight and loses by twelve. I agree the athleticism comparison wont even be close, but i promise you that hamilton hasnt seen any defense like the greene devils play all year. Yes hamilton is number one in tennessee, and yes they are the sixth in the nation, but i wouldnt completely count out greeneville, wiggins is as good a prospect and player as anyone that hamilton puts on the court.

Edited by h0oP$-fAn

50% of Greeneville's battle will be in their minds. If they can believe a win is viable, then they have a good chance to win. I remember when Pitts and the Hill were told they couldn't compete with those Memphis teams and would not win a title. Well...... 15 years later they have 3 State Titles to show for it. I see a lot of "Science Hill" potential in this Greeneville team. After the intimidation factor, it boils down to who executes their coach's game plan better. GOD Bless and Good Luck Greeneville!!!!!

Who cares whose beat Powell. Fact of the matter is, guess whose here and guess whose not. Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, the panthers have proven that they don't have to win all the time to be the best...only when it counts! Go Panthers!!!

yep your RIGHT guess who's at state and who's sitting on the couch

PT, to address your two latest posts, I remember a few years back in the state tournament when they drew the teams out of a hat for pairings, Greeneville was matched against Chattanooga Brainerd (I think) who came into the tournament being touted as the "best" and "unbeatable" and that Greeneville should not show up...there is a reason they play the game on the court and not on "threads"...playing it on the threads, we have been told that Greeneville plays in the IMAC so they would finish 5th or 6th in the Big 9, Grenneville plays in the IMAC so they certainly can't compete with teams playing in Knoxville, and now Greeneville plays in the IMAC so they can't possibly play with anyone out of Memphis...there is no doubt that Hamilton is a very, very good team with a tremendous amount of talent...but to imply that anyone can "roll the ball out" and dominate any team that has made it to the final 8 is candidly, not the brightest statement I've ever read, regardless of whom you write for or how many basketball games you have watched.

PT, to address your two latest posts, I remember a few years back in the state tournament when they drew the teams out of a hat for pairings, Greeneville was matched against Chattanooga Brainerd (I think) who came into the tournament being touted as the "best" and "unbeatable" and that Greeneville should not show up...there is a reason they play the game on the court and not on "threads"...playing it on the threads, we have been told that Greeneville plays in the IMAC so they would finish 5th or 6th in the Big 9, Grenneville plays in the IMAC so they certainly can't compete with teams playing in Knoxville, and now Greeneville plays in the IMAC so they can't possibly play with anyone out of Memphis...there is no doubt that Hamilton is a very, very good team with a tremendous amount of talent...but to imply that anyone can "roll the ball out" and dominate any team that has made it to the final 8 is candidly, not the brightest statement I've ever read, regardless of whom you write for or how many basketball games you have watched.

Seems like I remember rolling through a Maryville team a few years back that was ranked #2 in the state. I think that has to be one of the finest games played by the Devils in recent years. Noone gave Greeneville much of a chance to get out of substate that year. Lets hope Memphis players are as cocky and over-confident as some of their fans who post on coacht are. They might just under-estimate the mighty Devils.