Greeneville Devils take on Powell Panthers

You aren,t throwing smack back. You are being personally insulting. Your snide remarks are not directed towards our team or players or merely other posters on this thread. You have managed to drag the entire population of Greeneville with your "big city" comment. Good thing you live in Knoxville so you will at least have something to do next week besides watching baseball.

hey I've said nothing personal...if you take it that way then I guess that's your problem....I could easily say youre a classless bunch as well to come on here and personally attack specific players from Powell....but that's not backwoods is it? whatever....and trust me, I have a life.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's talk about Greeneville vs. Hamilton. Hamilton is the favorite going in and they should be. That being said, Bill Duncan (who in my opinion is the finest HS coach I've seen) with 10 days to prepare will have his troops ready to play and believing that they can compete. Will that be enough, I do not know. If anyone has digital cable, there was a piece on Hamilton a few weeks ago on one of the sports channels. They play 14 players and seem to be very disciplined. According to the piece they do not suffer a drop off in production regardless of who is in the game. In my opinion they play nothing like Science Hill who by the way is not the team they were when George Pitts was at the helm. I believe if Greeneville can withstand the surges and stay close, they can compete. A lot of what will happen will depend on whether or not Greeneville's top 6 players can withstand Hamilton's 14. Based on the piece I saw (I know that was only a snapshot), I think Greeneville can match up if it was top 5 vs. top 5 for the entire game. But Greeneville may not have the stamina to withstand the onslaught of fresh bodies that Hamilton will throw at them.

Go Greene Devils! You have made everyone proud!

hey I've said nothing personal...if you take it that way then I guess that's your problem....I could easily say youre a classless bunch as well to come on here and personally attack specific players from Powell....but that's not backwoods is it? whatever....and trust me, I have a life.

I think you just did... call us a classless bunch.

I have read every post on this thread and what I have found was that nearly every Greene Devil post had one thing in common... they were correct.

Edited by barb

Alrighty rich boy, us redneck backwoods people from greeneville will just have to see if we can find the big city, and by the way we do have indoor plumbing in greeneville and we do not ride horses believe it or not we have vehicles!!! If I got embarrassed in sub-state like you all did i believe it would teach me a lesson not to get back on here and talk trash!!! So have fun next week in your million dollar houses while us "backwoods hicks" go to Murfreesboro!!!

NtheKnow2 can dish it out but he can't take it. Take a look at his posts on this thread. You have to expect to eat some crow after talking all of that smack. Powell had a good year but they ran into a buzz saw last night. Everyone expected a competitive game but it really wasn't.

Greeneville is backwoods? How 'bout those big old burly guys with buzz cuts sitting on the "fifty" last night and the way they were acting towards some of the Greeneville fans?

I Mean really greeneville kids wear the same clothes, watch the same tv, and drive the same cars as everyone else . I mean u can keep your personal feelings about country people to yourself. Because that makes u sound more unintelligent than we are so i would get some help and talk to someone about how u are feeling inside. Because the reason you put us down is because u in fact are mad about being yourself.

The way I look at it, Greeneville is going to the Murph and the rest of East Tennesse AAA, except for Bearden, is staying home.

Now, you can talk about how good Hamilton is and all that, but I say Greeneville, is not going all the way to Murph to beat Hamilton. Nope, they are going there to win the state championship. The first step, perhaps the most difficult step, is to beat Hamilton. I would rather face the toughest game as the first game so I could be the freshest. Then, as the next game comes along, it can't be any tougher.

Good luck Greene Devils !

The way I look at it, Greeneville is going to the Murph and the rest of East Tennesse AAA, except for Bearden, is staying home.

Now, you can talk about how good Hamilton is and all that, but I say Greeneville, is not going all the way to Murph to beat Hamilton. Nope, they are going there to win the state championship. The first step, perhaps the most difficult step, is to beat Hamilton. I would rather face the toughest game as the first game so I could be the freshest. Then, as the next game comes along, it can't be any tougher.

Good luck Greene Devils !

You are right on.

I'm an assistant on Powell's team and we were very impressed with the way Greeneville played. We managed to get some film of them from pretty late in the year and they did not impress that much. I think that they were playing down to their competition. In any event, we sure were impressed last night. Duncan's 1-1-2-1 half court trap could give the team from Memphis problems.

Greeneville started man-to-man and we were up 7-4. Then, they changed to the trap and we just did not execute. Next thing you know it was 26-7. I hate it for our kids. They overcame quite a bit this year, from injuries to immaturity, but they are quality kids and we did have a very nice team. Greeneville was very good last night and I wish them nothing but the best down the road. All their players acted classy after the game and had nice things to say about our team. Wiggins and Moore are great, but Anderson runs the show. Good luck Devils!!!

Edited by mocs30

I'm an assistant on Powell's team and we were very impressed with the way Greeneville played. We managed to get some film of them from pretty late in the year and they did not impress that much. I think that they were playing down to their competition. In any event, we sure were impressed last night. Duncan's 1-1-2-1 half court trap could give the team from Memphis problems.

Greeneville started man-to-man and we were up 7-4. Then, they changed to the trap and we just did not execute. Next thing you know it was 26-7. I hate it for our kids. They overcame quite a bit this year, from injuries to immaturity, but they are quality kids and we did have a very nice team. Greeneville was very good last night and I wish them nothing but the best down the road. All their players acted classy after the game and had nice things to say about our team. Wiggins and Moore are great, but Anderson runs the show. Good luck Devils!!!

You are correct to a certain extent. G'ville did have a tendency to play down a little and part of the problem is the lack of talent in the IMAC (not to rag on the other teams in the IMAC but it is true). Can you believe M'town West beat G'ville several weeks ago ?

I also believe each player plays better against better competition - i.e. Science Hill, Red Bank, DB, Powell, etc. Wiggins, in particular, shines against better competition. But your right . . . Anderson runs the show as any good point guard should.

I also want to say that Lee Smith is a fantastic athlete. I think Wiggins and G'ville's defense really frustrated him, however. I was a little concerned with Powell's size and how this would impact Wiggins. But, I think he handled it well. We need to throw Wiggins in the weight room with Smith. In my opinion, he'll be a top flight D1 prospect with the addition of 20-25 lbs of muscle.

By the way, what game films did you have to prepare for G'ville ?

You are correct to a certain extent. G'ville did have a tendency to play down a little and part of the problem is the lack of talent in the IMAC (not to rag on the other teams in the IMAC but it is true). Can you believe M'town West beat G'ville several weeks ago ?

I also believe each player plays better against better competition - i.e. Science Hill, Red Bank, DB, Powell, etc. Wiggins, in particular, shines against better competition. But your right . . . Anderson runs the show as any good point guard should.

I also want to say that Lee Smith is a fantastic athlete. I think Wiggins and G'ville's defense really frustrated him, however. I was a little concerned with Powell's size and how this would impact Wiggins. But, I think he handled it well. We need to throw Wiggins in the weight room with Smith. In my opinion, he'll be a top flight D1 prospect with the addition of 20-25 lbs of muscle.

By the way, what game films did you have to prepare for G'ville ?

I would rather not say about the game films as the coaches asked us to keep that secret. Smith is an exceptional basketball player. As a result of the trap, Smith spent too much time in the high post rather than the low block. The trap was really good. We might steal it for next year!!!!