Jackson Co. vs Hampton

bob77

Swanson, I was quoting Ms. Summitt's post from earlier this year declaring Jackson Co. "overrated." I despise the term "overrated" because it is all relative and hinges on whomever is actually doing the rating. I've thrice ranted about my distaste for "overrated" on this forum.

Jackson Co. by 20 :thumb:

Good luck to your Bulldogs, Swanson, hopefully we'll see them Saturday!

Oh I apologize...I misunderstood...

And thanks for the goodluck...I hope we advance and meet whoever is next...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jim has been in this situation several times with multiple championships. He does a tremendous job, and will have this blue devil team ready for the challenge. I predict meeting R.B.S. in the championship game with the gold ball in class A making one of many trips to Ole Gainesboro. Good to see your still alive Bob 77, Mason is doing good on the diamond. T.

Swanson, I was quoting Ms. Summitt's post from earlier this year declaring Jackson Co. "overrated." I despise the term "overrated" because it is all relative and hinges on whomever is actually doing the rating. I've thrice ranted about my distaste for "overrated" on this forum.

Jackson Co. by 20 :lol:

Good luck to your Bulldogs, Swanson, hopefully we'll see them Saturday!

Well hello "Mr. Booty."

You know how this one goes, JC All the Way to the finals! JC in a 11 point game! With the dedicated senior Kristi Apple, the double-trouble of the Twins, and the "A" games of Courtney Dyer and Misti Maxwell, + the rest of the JC squad, another tough fought, WIN! Roll Lady blue!!!! :D

Yes everyone I'm alive, my sister is doing fine, lost in OVC finals but NIT is posibility. Glad to hear Mason is doing good, hope they have a good year.

I hope everyone else is doing ok too, I would like to see another state title come back where it belongs this year, to JC!

7Awatcher,

Good luck to Jackson County. I think you are looking at another Gold Ball coming back to 7A but who knows, noone expected Greenfield to still be playing. We'll be there and give it our best shot.

Go Lady Jackets

Thanks Greenfieldfan, and good luck to the Lady Jackets, at this level a little good luck can help. I'm sure Jackson Co. is not the only team there looking for gold.

A dog backed into a corner will bite.

Seriously, I'd say all the Hampton faithful are on their way to the Boro. Hampton is a good shooting team with good quickness, and not much size. But if you do as Greenback tried to do, and try to shut Lacy Oliver and Lauren Pittman down, Jessi Price will score on the inside and Mikki Oliver will score off dribble penetration. They are a scrappy bunch that has consistently improved as the season went along. They had Cloudland down by double digits in both their regular season losses to them, and finally got over the hump against the Landers in the regional semifinal, and repaid Unaka for the district semifinal loss by beating them handily in the regional final.

Hampton is very capable of giving Jackson County all they want in this game. The key will be getting off to a good start and staying in the game early. If they do, they could win. Jackson County is the clear favorite, but the Dogs will get after them. You Jackson County faithful better hope that your team hasnt bought into the bravado being posted on here! Good luck Dogs.

Edited by CycloneFan

A dog backed into a corner will bite.

Seriously, I'd say all the Hampton faithful are on their way to the Boro. Hampton is a good shooting team with good quickness, and not much size. But if you do as Greenback tried to do, and try to shut Lacy Oliver and Lauren Pittman down, Jessi Price will score on the inside and Mikki Oliver will score off dribble penetration. They are a scrappy bunch that has consistently improved as the season went along. They had Cloudland down by double digits in both their regular season losses to them, and finally got over the hump against the Landers in the regional semifinal, and repaid Unaka for the district semifinal loss by beating them handily in the regional final.

Hampton is very capable of giving Jackson County all they want in this game. The key will be getting off to a good start and staying in the game early. If they do, they could win. Jackson County is the clear favorite, but the Dogs will get after them. You Jackson County faithful better hope that your team hasnt bought into the bravado being posted on here! Good luck Dogs.

Everyone from Jackson Co. knows that regular season records mean nothing. Ask anyone from the 2001 AA state tourney, (Wescharge can tell ya), Jackson Co. came into the tournament at 22-10 and had not won a district or region title that year. But they swept through the state tourney and captured their 2nd consecutive state title that year. So you cant assume a team will be easy just by their regular season record.

Edited by bob77

Everyone from Jackson Co. knows that regular season records mean nothing. Ask anyone from the 2002 AA state tourney, (Wescharge can tell ya), Jackson Co. came into the tournament at 22-10 and had not won a district or region title that year. But they swept through the state tourney and captured their 2nd consecutive state title that year. So you cant assume a team will be easy just by their regular season record.

that was 2003..... :rolleyes: (i am sure the years run together for you)

that was 2003..... :rolleyes: (i am sure the years run together for you)

Actually it was 2001, we beat yall in the semi-finals. We were both wrong. 2003 was the year we played yall in the finals, we were 26-7 comming in that year. B) We won the district and region that year over Livingston, and finished 29-7. 2001 was the year I was thinking of, we finished 25-10.

Edited by bob77