Union City VS Cloudland

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you brought this tired old subject up again...(I see you are new to this and you probably thought you brought up some kind of hot new topic)..Let's look at some things....One,why don't Lake County people bring up the fact that Humboldt also moved down to 1A....You know they actually played in Murfreesboro last year in the 2A state tournament...Humboldt is actually a larger school than Union City..Why is it always that Union City moved down to 1A????Could the problem be that Lake County couldn't beat a 0-2 Union City football team at Tiptonville(Not even a close game to a Lake County team that returned 21 out of 22 starters)???..Or that Lake County couldn't beat a Union City basketball team when the Tornadoes were at full strength???...Lake County beat Humboldt Three times during the basketball seasaon,so it doesn't matter that they dropped down I guess???....You know why Lake County doesn't play Humboldt in football????...Because they are still 2A in that sport......Look at the enrollments of the teams Union City has been playing forever....Look who Union City has had to get through to get to the state tournament in basketball the last few years....Haywood County,Bolivar,the Memphis teams,Liberty....Go check em out...Over double the size of Union City...And Union City just laced em up and played them..No excuses,no belly-aching....Just get over the fact Union City is 1A....The T.$.$.A.A set those enrollments for the three classes in basketball,take it up with them..Union City will be 1A in basketball for a long time.....

OC I agree that people really need to get over the fact that Union City is now a 1A team. Why is it so difficult for people to understand that the TSSAA classifies schools according to enrollment. Union City did not tell the TSSAA that they were going down to 1A, it was the TSSAA that told them that they were going down to 1A. A school can choose to play in a higher classification no matter their enrollment but they CANNOT drop down in class unless their enrollment warrants it......CASE CLOSED. Union City is a big 1A school but 1A nonetheless. I cheered for Union City against Middleton unabashedly, but against anyone else it is difficult for me to do. I cannot put my finger on anything specific as to why that is that's just the way it is. One reason I should be able to cheer for UC past and present is because of the Lake County Blood that has played for and is currently playing for the Tornadoes. Back in the 90's there was Rodney Bonds who was born in Lake County and his mother and father were born and raised in Lake County. And currently there is the Xman Robinson whose mother was also born and raised in Lake County. So there is a Lake County connection on most if not all of the Tornado state tournament runs. I haven't seen anybody talk about that on here but those are the facts. I will end with this......UC and the 'Boldt that floats REPRESENT DISTRICT 14A..The best 8 are not at State...Cloudland?....Top 8?....I DON'T THINK SO...LC...THE BEST TEAM NOT THERE.