Cosby vs Humboldt

JWhumboldt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humbolt will beat them like they stole somethin..Cosby plays sorry teams and builds up that nice reccord and beleive me cosby fans i'm not sayin that cosby is not any good but what i am sayin is that they cant play with humbolt..34 and 1 says and looks like alot until you play somebody that is capable of beating you and eliminating you..

Cosby has played several AAA schools this year. Won all of those.

They've beaten the good A teams they've played. Wartburg probably had the best squad around - at least I thought.

They split with a AA team who lost by 9 in sub-state.

Does Cosby play in a crappy district (outside of Rockwood)? yes.

But they won all of their regular season district games by 20-30+ points.

Who knows what will happen, but looking at Humboldts game-by-game scores and Cosby's......they're going to need to see if the Murphy Center scoreboard can handle all the scoring.

I went to the cosby game last night and they had two guys score 32 points a piece....On of them hit 7 three point shots, and the big guy in the middle had like 15 rebounds and 4 blocked shots....The team they played wern't all that good so I expected that to happen......I am going to go with my home scholl Humboldt in this one....This is the best talent that Humboldt has had in the past 8 years that Coach boykin has been there...Big ups to Coach Thomas Boykin...He is a good coach that I had coach me from Junior high all the way through high school..Bring it home VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to Humboldt, Union City, Bolivar, Liberty, and Haywood as they represent West TN in the state. If it can't be one of them, then also good luck to Mitchell, Hamilton, and Raleigh-Egypt from Memphis.

In regards to Humboldt, hopefully a week off will get them healthy. Johnson looked sick last night, coughing and struggling to breathe at every time out, while Sain was banged up time and again. I know Smith has struggled with a foot injury this year as well. It sounds like a full squad will be needed for the high-powered Cosby offense (regardless of the sandbagging going on in another post).

Edited by westtennsports

Humboldt is going to be a very tough game for Cosby.

But - when you're at this portion of the season - no team is here by accident, and all the games are tough.

We see Humboldt's resume from this year.

Last year the Vikings went 20-10, but made State in AA.

They lost to Bolivar Central (home of the Delk twins, Willie Kemp and Wayne Chism a year ago) by 11 in the Regional finals.

Then they beat Giles County (home of former UT Signee Tyler Smith) in the sub-state round.

They lost in the AA Quarterfinals to Memphis-Raleigh Egypt by 19. The same Raleigh Egypt team that made the jump to AAA and is the best team at that level.

We'll see what happens.

If Cosby wins this game - they'll certainly be capable of beating any of the other seven teams there....because this one will be a test.

Humboldt is going to be a very tough game for Cosby.

But - when you're at this portion of the season - no team is here by accident, and all the games are tough.

We see Humboldt's resume from this year.

Last year the Vikings went 20-10, but made State in AA.

They lost to Bolivar Central (home of the Delk twins, Willie Kemp and Wayne Chism a year ago) by 11 in the Regional finals.

Then they beat Giles County (home of former UT Signee Tyler Smith) in the sub-state round.

They lost in the AA Quarterfinals to Memphis-Raleigh Egypt by 19. The same Raleigh Egypt team that made the jump to AAA and is the best team at that level.

We'll see what happens.

If Cosby wins this game - they'll certainly be capable of beating any of the other seven teams there....because this one will be a test.

26-10 last year, also with 2 out of 3 wins over Liberty (Elite 8 of AA this year). We beat them by 25 in the District Tournament. We're a better team this year than last. These boys aren't scared to play anybody, and they know what's expected out of them at the Boro this year! The Cosby game should be a good one!!!