Cosby vs Humboldt

JWhumboldt

I totally agree... I mean maybe it should have been close if it was a regular season game BUT this was a SUBSTATE game..... there is no way Cosby was goin to beat them by 40 in that game.... Hampton came ready to play.... but Cosby was just better in the end.... for a substate game I do believe that 98-74 was pretty darn good!!

GO EAGLES!!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree... I mean maybe it should have been close if it was a regular season game BUT this was a SUBSTATE game..... there is no way Cosby was goin to beat them by 40 in that game.... Hampton came ready to play.... but Cosby was just better in the end.... for a substate game I do believe that 98-74 was pretty darn good!!

GO EAGLES!!!!

yea...scoring 98 points in a substate game is unreal...our crowd was un believeable...but the sound in the locker room was like a lost..we all just sat there..coach was trying to get us excited...but its not over...we will get excited again when we bring home the gold..lets get em eagles.....

Making 15 threes in one game is a awsome stat. that accounted for almost half of your points in that game. I think that you guys are a legit team....can shoot the three very well, and a pretty good big man. this has the potential to be the best game in the 1A playoffs. Humboldt has one upside on you guys, and that is rebounds. the three big guys that start should be named windex, because they literally clean everthing off the glass. Humboldt is a very sound offensive team and doesn't make many mistakes with the basketball...It will definitely be a tough tough game, but I say Humboldt by 11..... :thumb:

Making 15 threes in one game is a awsome stat. that accounted for almost half of your points in that game. I think that you guys are a legit team....can shoot the three very well, and a pretty good big man. this has the potential to be the best game in the 1A playoffs. Humboldt has one upside on you guys, and that is rebounds. the three big guys that start should be named windex, because they literally clean everthing off the glass. Humboldt is a very sound offensive team and doesn't make many mistakes with the basketball...It will definitely be a tough tough game, but I say Humboldt by 11..... :thumb:

You know being a teacher and a coach has made me want to know what are we teaching our student athletes. Some of these replies are scandalous, but it's like that every year no respect for the west. Last year they even got a little bit uglier than this. So I say to the Vikings, we in 14a one of if not the strongest districts know how good you are Good Luck and show the other part of our state how strong you are. And to the Viking fans stop arguing with these people action speaks louder than words.

GOOD LUCK TO THE VIKINGS AND UC TORNADOES

FROM A LIFE LONG HALLS FAN THE WHOLE DISTRICT IS BEHIND YOU !!!!!!

Relatives , Thats COLD.. Back to B-Ball . Why is the best team from the East playin the best from the west in the first round ? Am I the only one who thinks this would make a better Championship game? I haven't seen you guys play , but I've seen some pictures and you guys do look big and athletic. If you seen us you have to admit were not just shooters we just happen to be good at it. Cosby has some very good athletes Hampton just was so afraid of the big man in the post they refused to gaurd the three and we took advantage. I think this could be a very good game and the winner could take home the championship.

well old eagle, this is the first time in the last three days that i am going to agree with you. i do think it would be a better champisonhsip game if we played yall. We beat UC three times this year and they get to play 14-18 Cloudland, i am not hating on Cloudland. They need to rank the teams somehow so that 1 plays 8 2 plays 7 and so on. And yes, whoever wins this game will have the best shot at winning it all.

And dollar 1906, you are right when you said "Humboldt has one upside on you guys, and that is rebounds. the three big guys that start should be named windex, because they literally clean everthing off the glass."

You know being a teacher and a coach has made me want to know what are we teaching our student athletes. Some of these replies are scandalous, but it's like that every year no respect for the west. Last year they even got a little bit uglier than this. So I say to the Vikings, we in 14a one of if not the strongest districts know how good you are Good Luck and show the other part of our state how strong you are. And to the Viking fans stop arguing with these people action speaks louder than words.

GOOD LUCK TO THE VIKINGS AND UC TORNADOES

FROM A LIFE LONG HALLS FAN THE WHOLE DISTRICT IS BEHIND YOU !!!!!!

NO RESPECT FOR THE WEST ?!?!?!?..... you have got to be kiddin me.... all that is on these threads is people from West Tn teams boasting about how "little teams from the East" are goin to get it handed to them.... and that they have to actually work and play hard teams to get where they are and that Cosby plays in a sorry district, region, etc. .... I am sorry but just because you are from the West does not mean that you are the "shiz" and that you are unbeatable..... I have never seen any West Tn team play so I cant say whether you are good or bad or whatever.... you must be somethin since you are in the state tournament but..... you really cant just count people from the East out.... I bet that you have NOT read one post from someone that plays on the Cosby basketball team (or their fans for that matter) that says anything that could be taken as...." Oh we are ranked #1 in the STATE so we dont have to do any work or anything... those West Tn teams are nothing.. we have nothing to worry about..." and if that is not what people from the West are sayin then they really need to make theirselves clear... because let me tell you that is how it is being taken...... and it makes Cosby want it even more......

GO EAGLES!!!

So I say to the Vikings, we in 14a one of if not the strongest districts know how good you are Good Luck and show the other part of our state how strong you are. And to the Viking fans stop arguing with these people action speaks louder than words.

I agree 100%. Arguing back and forth and bragging on here doesn't do anything but set yourself up for a fall most of the time. However, I certainly understand that the Humboldt basketball fans are happy..... to say the least! Our girls basketball team went 1-26 this year, our baseball team went 5-24, our football team went 2-8, our softball team has won 2 games the past two years, and our volleyball team has never won a game! Boys basketball at Humboldt is something to get excited about, and rightly so!!! I can't wait until Wednesday :D

NO RESPECT FOR THE WEST ?!?!?!?..... you have got to be kiddin me.... all that is on these threads is people from West Tn teams boasting about how "little teams from the East" are goin to get it handed to them.... and that they have to actually work and play hard teams to get where they are and that Cosby plays in a sorry district, region, etc. .... I am sorry but just because you are from the West does not mean that you are the "shiz" and that you are unbeatable..... I have never seen any West Tn team play so I cant say whether you are good or bad or whatever.... you must be somethin since you are in the state tournament but..... you really cant just count people from the East out.... I bet that you have NOT read one post from someone that plays on the Cosby basketball team (or their fans for that matter) that says anything that could be taken as...." Oh we are ranked #1 in the STATE so we dont have to do any work or anything... those West Tn teams are nothing.. we have nothing to worry about..." and if that is not what people from the West are sayin then they really need to make theirselves clear... because let me tell you that is how it is being taken...... and it makes Cosby want it even more......

GO EAGLES!!!

TNSwmr08, No one is saying that teams from the west are unbeatable. If u take a look at the West we have some of the best, yes BEST players in the state of Tennessee. If u look at Memphis, basketball is a lifestyle down there. Bolivar, same deal. I mean if u just look at any town in the West You are seeing the "cream of the crop" of Tennessee. Yeah yall have a tall man down low, and yall can shoot the 3 Exceptionally well. But 2 guys cant win a game for you. it's a team effort. The west has the teams and the effort.

I haven't heard one word about any teams from the east besides Cosby. Yall are a good team. I just see talent taking over and humboldt pulling this one out.

Good Luck Vikings. Bring Home The Gold Ball!!!