Cosby vs Humboldt

JWhumboldt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26-10 last year, also with 2 out of 3 wins over Liberty (Elite 8 of AA this year). We beat them by 25 in the District Tournament. We're a better team this year than last. These boys aren't scared to play anybody, and they know what's expected out of them at the Boro this year! The Cosby game should be a good one!!!

Why then, may I ask, did Humboldt move down to single A after having such a successful season in AA? Seems kind of unfair to A teams. I mean if you are beating teams in AA that made state twice a year, why move down to single A?

Humboldt is going to be a very tough game for Cosby.

But - when you're at this portion of the season - no team is here by accident, and all the games are tough.

We see Humboldt's resume from this year.

Last year the Vikings went 20-10, but made State in AA.

They lost to Bolivar Central (home of the Delk twins, Willie Kemp and Wayne Chism a year ago) by 11 in the Regional finals.

Then they beat Giles County (home of former UT Signee Tyler Smith) in the sub-state round.

They lost in the AA Quarterfinals to Memphis-Raleigh Egypt by 19. The same Raleigh Egypt team that made the jump to AAA and is the best team at that level.

We'll see what happens.

If Cosby wins this game - they'll certainly be capable of beating any of the other seven teams there....because this one will be a test.

The Delk boys didn't play for Bolivar they played for Jackson North Side :D but thats ok we get your point :thumb:

Edited by jmpshtr101

Why then, may I ask, did Humboldt move down to single A after having such a successful season in AA? Seems kind of unfair to A teams. I mean if you are beating teams in AA that made state twice a year, why move down to single A?

Because we lost a large number of students dropping us down to A, and Union City is the same way. Both of us were in AA last year and they should have made it to state. However, we are going to show everybody in TN that the teams from West TN will bring home the golden ball in every class for the second year in a row. It is a different kind of basketball here; Middle and West TN just cannot play like them boys from West TN. Humboldt can play with anyone in A; bring on all challengers, even if you are 34-1.

Because we lost a large number of students dropping us down to A, and Union City is the same way. Both of us were in AA last year and they should have made it to state. However, we are going to show everybody in TN that the teams from West TN will bring home the golden ball in every class for the second year in a row. It is a different kind of basketball here; Middle and West TN just cannot play like them boys from West TN. Humboldt can play with anyone in A; bring on all challengers, even if you are 34-1.

Thats right 34-1 lets all say it again 34-1 ALL TOGETHER NOW 34-1 :thumb:

Thats right 34-1 lets all say it again 34-1 ALL TOGETHER NOW 34-1 :thumb:

Who have you played? Out of the twenty teams y'all have played, they have an avergae record of 13-15. You blow out sorry teams and play decent teams close. I am not saying you are not good, but y'all seem overrated. We play good teams all the time in West TN. Lake Co. Union City Halls Middleton Middle College. Beat AA Liberty 2 out of 3 last year and have a better team this year. West TN Basketball is the cream of the crop. But you will find that out here in about a week. Just remember that I told you so.

Who have you played? Out of the twenty teams y'all have played, they have an avergae record of 13-15. You blow out sorry teams and play decent teams close. I am not saying you are not good, but y'all seem overrated. We play good teams all the time in West TN. Lake Co. Union City Halls Middleton Middle College. Beat AA Liberty 2 out of 3 last year and have a better team this year. West TN Basketball is the cream of the crop. But you will find that out here in about a week. Just remember that I told you so.

Take out the 2 really bad teams in our district that we had to play twice and that opponents win loss average would really go up. We have beat several AA and AAA schools as well. See the Difference between East and west is we know we are playing a good team in Humboldt even though their record can't match ours. you guys have been looking for a reason (besides talent , heart , dettermination ) that we could possibly have only lost 1 game all year long. Oh and by the way for about the 205th time this year the west has only won like 2 of the last 15 state titles in 1A so cream of the crop may be a bit of a stretch dontya think.

Take out the 2 really bad teams in our district that we had to play twice and that opponents win loss average would really go up. We have beat several AA and AAA schools as well. See the Difference between East and west is we know we are playing a good team in Humboldt even though their record can't match ours. you guys have been looking for a reason (besides talent , heart , dettermination ) that we could possibly have only lost 1 game all year long. Oh and by the way for about the 205th time this year the west has only won like 2 of the last 15 state titles in 1A so cream of the crop may be a bit of a stretch dontya think.

I was not referring to the last 15 years. Simply this year. I am not putting y'all down or saying we are not playing a good team in Cosby (because to get this far y'all must be doing something right), but just to let everyone know that 34-1 is not as great as everyone thinks when playing sorry teams over and over again. I am looking forward to the game and then after we can talk about each other's team.

So sorry that EAST TN teams are just a bunch of "hicks" that couldnt tell you all the difference between a basketball and a rock..... and HOW IN THE WORLD is 34-1 not a "good" record??? and just so you know when they played those "sorry" teams over and over did you ever think that maybe just maybe they HAD to.... and in those games...ummm... lets see Cosby not once lowered their standards and played at a lower level.... seein as how they ALWAYS beat them by 20-30+

All I am sayin is dont underestimate the East.... cuz over here, these guys are smart they dont overlook anything and they sure dont go into a game thinkin " Oh my this team is nothin we dont have to do a darn thing tonight.... Well just take it easy..." and I recall a quote from their coach that said that when he went into the locker room after their 98-74 SUBSTATE win.... there was no yelling no celebrating... they were already thinkin about the state tournament and him "Coach, we aren't done yet, we've still got games left"...... if that doesnt tell you anything then nothin will....

GOOD LUCK Eagles at the State Tournament..... :thumb: