A State Tournament

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Upset??? Now that is funny. If you were familiar with the teams that Humboldt plays, then upset would be far from your vocabulary. I think Cosby has to be a very good team, based upon their record, but that is like comparing apples to oranges...different teams in the West. :lol:

You guys make it sound like Duke , UConn , The Spurs and , The Pistons play 1A highschool ball out west. I find it hard to believe that there is that big of a difference.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the "this is a new year" statement... however I am hopin that the picks you have for the championship is different....

GO EAGLES!!

Yeah i will agree with yall to...it is 2006 but history has a way of repeating itself. But good luck to all teams.....(GO EAGLES)

Upset??? Now that is funny. If you were familiar with the teams that Humboldt plays, then upset would be far from your vocabulary. I think Cosby has to be a very good team, based upon their record, but that is like comparing apples to oranges...different teams in the West. :P

1st time poster i see, how nice of you to all of a sudden jump on the bandwagon. I have seen the teams from the west play and they are good but the other teams in the tournament are just as good. There might be one that has slipped into it with a sub .500 record but after that the rest of them are pretty much even! :lol:

No need to feel sorry for us, we will do just fine. Its funny though, you are saying you are going to thump a team you have never seen play. You probably couldnt name a single player without looking. You act as if the west is so much better, you know, the east has talent to.

Well ok ill tell yall this..If there is a team over in that bracket that can beat Humboldt ..Is Cosby..Because of the 3 good shooters they have beyond the ark..You better hope that 3 ball is falling cause if its not Cosby is in big trouble because Cosby has nothing comming if they are wanting to play the inside game..Cosy will get crushed..Cosby will have to spread the floor and get the bigmen out of the paint and make them come out after them and if you have a couple or 3 good guards that can take someone off the dribble you better do that as well and you bettr hope that Cosby plays verrry tough defense because Humboldt wil pound it and pound it and pound it some more..So the key is you have to attack Humboldt to beat them and hope your defense blocks out very well and contain their point guard who will light you up from inside and out..Not to mention that Humboldt is the best rebounding team ive saw play all year so you better tell your boys they better put a body on somebody and be ready to play a solid 32 minutes of basketball or they will get beat..Plain and simple..Im not saying that Cosy can't beat Humboldt but im telling yall that Cosby better be ready play their A game because a B game will not be enough.

Well ok ill tell yall this..If there is a team over in that bracket that can beat Humboldt...Is Cosby...Because of the 3 good shooters they have beyond the ark.

If it's the 3 ball that can beat Humbolt then Grace is the team to do it. All 5 starters shoot the 3 very well. Including 6'10" man. It will be interesting, however, to see how Grace would use Carter down low. The team you just decribed about having people to spread out on offense and have guys that can take it to the hole is Grace. Then just when you think they are driving, they pull up and hit the mid-range jumper very well. They also play good defense. You have Van Horn as an awesome rebounding guard, and McMasters...well, he is 6'10" and rebounds well. I think Grace would have a very good shot at beating Humbolt. I dont think the West is as almighty as you think they are.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves, Grace still has to beat East Robertson.

If you actually WENT to the state tournament last year you would have seen a Middleton team was beat the ENTIRE game until the last minute. Temple had them the entire game, then caved in. If you went to Murfeesboro last year you would have also seen Trenton-Peabody get lucky against Unaka, another East Tennessee team. Unaka had the game won, and made careless errors late in the game (i.e. running to the offical to call a timeout, without actually dribbling it...)

Believe it or not, West Tennessee does not dominate Single A basketball, not like East Tennessee does football anyway...

I know I am jumping in this late, but you are dead wrong on this one. Middleton led Temple just about the whole game. So get your facts straight. Middleton deserved the state championship last year. The 2nd best team last year was Lake County as bad as I hate to say it. So get off last year and on this year. I think Union City will win this year. In my opinion they beat the best team in the state Middleton. I still can see that shot going in at the buzzer. We had the game won and just lost it. Well, you got to have a little luck to win the gold and I think UC has the luck. Good luck to all the teams. Every team that made it deserves to be here.

Edited by M-Town Baller

If it's the 3 ball that can beat Humbolt then Grace is the team to do it. All 5 starters shoot the 3 very well. Including 6'10" man. It will be interesting, however, to see how Grace would use Carter down low. The team you just decribed about having people to spread out on offense and have guys that can take it to the hole is Grace. Then just when you think they are driving, they pull up and hit the mid-range jumper very well. They also play good defense. You have Van Horn as an awesome rebounding guard, and McMasters...well, he is 6'10" and rebounds well. I think Grace would have a very good shot at beating Humbolt. I dont think the West is as almighty as you think they are.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves, Grace still has to beat East Robertson.

Well first of all Raw..Ive never said the West is just almighty..I simply stated my opinion who will be in the finals..Hey God knows ive been wrong before..The team who wins it will be well deserved because you can bet its gonna be a war out there..And as far as that 6'10 guy..Nither Union City or Humboldt is worried about him because they have seen it all before..Did you know that Union City beat the 4th ranked Haywwod County on their home floor this year and Haywood,by the way,is AA..And you will see them playing Liberty at state..And Humboldt has beaten Union City 3 times this year and Union City beat Humboldt once at U.C...Hmmm??..Something to think about..And by the way Haywood has a guy named Volnardo that is 6'9 that is going to Miss.St.And he his a complete monster...And ill bet anything your 6'10 boy can't touch him..So what im tell you again is..YOU BETTER BRING YALLS A GAME TO BEAT THESE GUYS..Because that is the only way yall will make it to the next game..The B game will cause Grace and Cosby to fall.