Who to look out for next year in AA

wildcat324

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see smoke signals in the air coming from the Indian reservation. :thumb:

It must just be the hot air coming out of your mouth. Out of all the games in the tournament you always picked the opposing team, to bad you were 1 for 4 past districts. :ph34r:

I forgot who's your team they must be pretty bad, because all you do on here is dis Harpeth, but you never mention your team, they must have a pretty bad coach. :huh:

It must just be the hot air coming out of your mouth. Out of all the games in the tournament you always picked the opposing team, to bad you were 1 for 4 past districts. :huh:

I forgot who's your team they must be pretty bad, because all you do on here is dis Harpeth, but you never mention your team, they must have a pretty bad coach. :D

Maybe you'll find out soon what those smoke signals are saying. But, Hoganknows :D

All Im hearing is if and but for next year. Dont think OC will make it out of district much less state. Next year is a long way off, looking for team to win it next year who hasn't been to the big dance in a while. Press on to all the other teams big talk now want get you a candy bar much less a gold ball.

The Lady Rebels have made it to the sub-state the past two years, and they made it to state last year....I don't see how you can say they haven't been to the dance in awhile.....

Their last two losses this season were to the AA State champs and the AA runner-ups by a total of 8 points combined.....They lose two girls, but have 3 sophmores who started on that state team a year ago......They also have 2 more sophmores who got alot of playing time this year, and a freshman who played alot this season.....Ohh and the upcoming freshman from Hillcrest Jr. High they went 25-0, and won the West Sectional beating Jackson and Memphis teams....These girls will be a force next year....Hopefully we will see them in the 'Boro.......

GO LADY REBELS!!!!! ;)

Harpeth, Loretto, Lipscomb, Livingston and DCA were all sitting at the house the week of the state tournament...so away with those comments...but what I mean't by competition being down state-wide, I mean't that it is down as compared to recent years...I saw all the teams at state and while they were all good, they aren't as good as what I have seen in the last few years...not im my oppinion...and my team??? They weren't down, they were at state (McMinn Central, maybe you have heard of them). I saw Livingston and I wasn't that impressed with them...they will be good next year, as well as the years to come...however, if you have seen any AA games the last few years (which by your idiotic post you haven't) then you would agree that competition is down state-wide this year...

My post is idiotic because I didn't agree with you! Just because teams lost in the region or sub-state does not mean they were not good. They just got beat. I am sorry I hurt your feelings so that you felt you must insult me. I am sure i have seen a few games over the past couple of years. I believe Harpeth and Loretto would argue that they were as good as mcminn. Maybe they had tougher competition in the District and Region..... I know that Ezell played Hillcrest a lot closer than McMinn. I think they got beat 10, and Mcminn got beat 25+, since loretto and Harpeth played Ezell closer it would make sense that either one could beat mcminn.

My post is idiotic because I didn't agree with you! Just because teams lost in the region or sub-state does not mean they were not good. They just got beat. I am sorry I hurt your feelings so that you felt you must insult me. I am sure i have seen a few games over the past couple of years. I believe Harpeth and Loretto would argue that they were as good as mcminn. Maybe they had tougher competition in the District and Region..... I know that Ezell played Hillcrest a lot closer than McMinn. I think they got beat 10, and Mcminn got beat 25+, since loretto and Harpeth played Ezell closer it would make sense that either one could beat mcminn.

Well, I thought your post was idiotic, but I apologize all the same, so lets be mature about this...

Honestly, competition IS down state wide...you don't see hardly any of the teams that have dominated in the past...the west has been dominant this year which is very rare...just look at the numbers my friend...the proof is in the numbers...I even used McMinn Central (one of the more consistently dominant teams in the state, much like LA) as an example...they had a mostly freshman squad and made it to the state tournament...that enough was proof for me...

I'm hopefull for the Lexington Girls to do well this year. They show flashes of how well they can play but we just dont seem to put it all together sometimes. They beat a very good Madison Academic team early last season and I thought they had it together last year, but we just had some let downs.

When this group of girls were in middle school we thought for sure this was the group to make Lexington a power in girls basketball again. I know they work hard in the off season I hope we get some pay off this next season.

Cant judge on how one team played gainst another, im sure youre team is great jus like BluNWhiteH8Tribe's team is just as mine is...just dont judge teams by the way they play other certain teams

As a Die Hard LA fan, I have to put in my word! Back to earlier about the rudeness, we LA fans ant whining about loosing, we was upset with how our kids where treated! Now you tell me why a D1 signee Wilson Cates would come back and ly about something like that? I do not think so! but anough about all that! On to my next statement LA will rule the district next year Upperman will be good but i have a couple names that says Upperman is in trouble! Matthews, Stephens, West, Ledbetter, Kilgore, and Carr! all returning With two outstanding freshmen coming up Shelby Taylor from Rickman and other girl from Allons! and my last statement i would love to meet MC in the State Championship game bc everyone remembers what has happen the last couple times we've brought home gold ;)

Just a quick statement though this thread has about run it's coarse. The statement that I keep reading on here is how this school or that is going to be tough next year because they didn't loose any players or only lost one or two. Yeah, that may be true if it weren't for the fact that the players that they had this year didn't get them to the level that they were hoping for, so what makes you think that these same girls will get you further next year? Yes, they will be more mature and hopefully improve on their skills, but then every team is hopefully improving and getting better on their skills. I said it on here before and I'll say it again. McMinn Central will be there next year at the state because the girls that got them there are still going to be there. Lambert, Elder, Jordan, Davis, Simbeck, McNutt, (all to be sophomores and 3 of these starting or playing LOTS) with Rayburn the loan senior starting next year. These girls did it this year and they will do it better next.

The only thing some of these teams have to look forward to is the improvement that the incoming freshmen class will bring and I only saw a couple of teams mention that. They are the ones that I worry about. The new blood might bring new skillz.