George Pitts leaving BA for KING?

krichunaka

You are probably right about the financial decision part....

But has never coached college before..... could be a new challenge for him.

Does Brentwood pay him $60K????

The challenge of coaching in college and/or the opportunity to live in E. TN would be the only plausible reasons for the move, but again, I just doubt it will happen.

...and yes, substantially more than that. He is also the Dean of Students in addition to his coaching duties.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how many years he has in the State system, so I'm not saying he doesn't have enough to retire with his 30 years in. But, just wanted to point out that his last five years at BA do no count towards those 30 years. BA is a private school and does not count towards the 30 years to retire from the State school system.

You are probably right about the financial decision part....

But has never coached college before..... could be a new challenge for him.

Does Brentwood pay him $60K????

That figure is not even in the ballpark.... Or in the parking lot to the ball park...It's down the street from the road leading to the ballpark. He is very well paid and deservedly so.

The rumor had included that Charlie Morgan from DB would either replace Pitts at BA or would move with him to King. Curious that Charlie Morgan was not on the air for his final basketball show of the season today on AM1320 Wkin. Coach Eggleston filled in. It was told that CMo was not present for personal reasons. I would really hate to lose CMO because I think he gets alot out of his teams. Maybe I have bought into the rumor mill but I just thought that was odd that he would not be on the last show....

I certainly see your point. Dead subject as far as I am concerned. The rumor started with a parent and it went from there. To say I beleived it, not necessarily, but I do feel he is a good coach and would make a good high school coach somewhere. I made myself clear from the beginning that it was all speculation and that there was no evidence to back it up. My mistake was giving my opinion.

Thanks

some things...pitts lost to baylor on a buzzer beater his first year at ba in the substate round...i would imagine he is making almost 6 figures as he left a school where he had deep roots and his family for a period of yrs (maybe it was one)...i would imagine that didnt happen for cheap...his kids are all grown so recruiting wouldnt be a huge problem, but i just dont see him making another move so soon after making some big sacrifices to go to ba...also i wouldnt be suprised to see john pierce (the college all time leading scorer) as a serious prospect for the BA job, he was an assistant for a few years and now is head coach at FRA (who, yes i know is awful)

Local sportscaster from Bristol made mention of this "rumor" and stated he felt it would happen.

I have heard Pitts wanted a shot at coaching on the college level. BA probably pays in the $100K range. Not sure King could match that. George could win at any level. If he had remained in JC they would be in the Boro next week!!!!!

I for one would like for him to go to ETSU, but they shunned him before. Bartow can't coach, but his daddy could.

Coach Pitts retired as a principle at Science Hill High. He gets his retirement from public schools. Money is definately not a consideration. He will be a good college coach at King, However, this job will just be a stepping stone for bigger jobs. Pitts has proven everything on a highschool level with 7 championships to his credit. He played at ETSU look for him there within a 5 year period.