Barry Bonds

Guest catfish-hunter

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse my mistake. I had actualy forgotten about this thread. First let me stress I in no way encourage steroid or any other kind of drug use. Don't read that into my argument. However.........

If a rule is not enforced, then in turn it isn't a rule. Precedence. If MLB cared so much, they should have enforced the rule from Day 1. Baseball was down, and it needed a pick-me-up that Mac and Sammy provided.

Once again, unless you were a 10 year old and didn't believe the guys were juicing up in the 90s, then you need a visit with Dr. Dandy. The same people crying over the integrity of the game (ESPN) are the same people who were drolling over the power numbers of the late 90s. Everyone, including ESPN, Selig, and MLB, at least had to have an idea of what was going on. But attendance was shooting up and an interest in baseball had developed again that the ridiculous strike of 94 had diminished, therefore they didn't care. The two things this shows me is the power of money and the power of talk radio to influence people's opinion if nothing else.

If it was such a problem, it should have been dealt with at the time, not 8-10 years later when public opinion has turned into another direction. Selig has shown once again how little spine he has and how horrible of a commish he actually is, and our esteemed represenatives in DC have found an issue that they can gain political leverage on, aka grandstanding. Throw in a player that everyone loves to hate, and you've got a can't lose situation. What I can't believe is how little flack Selig is taking over this.

No player deserves to be kept out of the Hall of Fame, nor do any records deserve to be changed. Don't punish the players now for the authorities' lack of control over the game then.

You guys can think what you want, but I'm not going to remember this time as the "Steorid Era" of baseball, but rather the "Incompotent Commish" era of baseball.

Its hard to get in a rhythm hitting when everytime you step to the plate, you are more than likely going to get walked or pitched around. Pitchers still fear pitching to him, the only picther that hasn't pitched around was Peavy. Bonds will turn it around.

Walk him every time ,and maybe he will walk away from the game.

im sick of hearing about Barry Bonds,last week he didnt even play against the Braves and he was all ESPN talked about im about to refuse to watch baseball untill he retires and all this steroid crap is done, i mean it is ruining the game

Why should Bonds retire? He hasn't done anything wrong but hit homeruns and break records.....

im sick of hearing about Barry Bonds,last week he didnt even play against the Braves and he was all ESPN talked about im about to refuse to watch baseball untill he retires and all this steroid crap is done, i mean it is ruining the game

Go ahead and miss out on the greatest player of this era and top 5 player of all time. That is your choice. I am never going to stop watching baseball.

Its hard to get in a rhythm hitting when everytime you step to the plate, you are more than likely going to get walked or pitched around. Pitchers still fear pitching to him, the only picther that hasn't pitched around was Peavy. Bonds will turn it around.

Apparently you didnt see his at bat against Ken Ray the other day?

Only the 2nd time since 2002 that Bonds has struck out swinging and missing all three pitches! :blink:

Can we all agree that ESPN is going way overboard with their coverage of him? Tonight in the first inning they didn't even go to commercial in the middle of the inning to show him warming up in left field. Give me a break.

While we're at it, Bonds is starting to look a lot like Mac did in 2001.....he may get to 715, but I feel somewhat confident Aaron's mark will be safe.