Barry Bonds

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

I could really care less because regardless I say the guy is a great player who belongs in the Hall of Fame. I am watching Jim Rome right now and it's making me want to puke seeing how he keeps bashing on Bonds. The media needs to get something new to fill their day other than criticizing Bonds. I don't think anyone will be happy until Bonds comes out and says I used steroids, whether it's the truth or not, and even then they'll still bash on Barry. Either way, he's a lame duck.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could really care less because regardless I say the guy is a great player who belongs in the Hall of Fame. I am watching Jim Rome right now and it's making me want to puke seeing how he keeps bashing on Bonds. The media needs to get something new to fill their day other than criticizing Bonds. I don't think anyone will be happy until Bonds comes out and says I used steroids, whether it's the truth or not, and even then they'll still bash on Barry. Either way, he's a lame duck.

Guilty,guilty and more guilty.

First, off Bonds is a Hall of Famer. Second, this has become a witch hunt. Third, these authors are out to make quick cash, if you haven't notice Barry Bonds is in great shape this spring and hasn't dropped 30 lbs. like the likes of Sammy Sosa and Pugh Rodriguez. There is no physical proof at all that Bonds has taken steroids, just speculation, give me some hard evidence and I may change my mind until then the media needs to shut their mouths.

First, off Bonds is a Hall of Famer. Second, this has become a witch hunt. Third, these authors are out to make quick cash, if you haven't notice Barry Bonds is in great shape this spring and hasn't dropped 30 lbs. like the likes of Sammy Sosa and Pugh Rodriguez. There is no physical proof at all that Bonds has taken steroids, just speculation, give me some hard evidence and I may change my mind until then the media needs to shut their mouths.

very well put..and in my eyes he was a hall of famer before the homerun spurt

The article in SI makes me think that he did use them. But those opinions are based on the New book, "In The Shadows" and those opinions are based on excerpts form the media. So i think he should be in the hall of fame. They have no proof that he did do it. And now Bud is thinking of suspending him from the opener and maybe more. But, what is he gonna do if he passes a drug test, he cant do anything. He cant take away HR's he cant change pitcher's ERAs, and he can't change batting averages and slugging percentages and also on base percentage. There is nothing Bud can do about the past, he can only regret not doing something then. If there were a ruling back then, he could have done something. But he cannot now :lol:

I don't know what more proof anyone needs he was juiced, on top of all the evidence, in his testimony he admitted "inadvertantly" using the cream. Right now he's not in great shape, he's actually a little pudgy. The commsissioner is within his power to suspend him , but the union would probably file and appeal and probably win due to lack of a positvie test.

BB was always a great player and probably would have been HOF if he had retired in 1998. But one thing in life is cretain, you don't get better athletically and physically in your late 30's, early 40's. And you don't add the body mass that Bonds, Sosa, McGwire etc added without help. You may get more buff and add mass, but not these dramatic changes.

I would rather see baseball stories than steroid stories, maybe when the season starts this will fade into the background.

• 2 weeks later...

The article in SI makes me think that he did use them. But those opinions are based on the New book, "In The Shadows" and those opinions are based on excerpts form the media. So i think he should be in the hall of fame. They have no proof that he did do it. And now Bud is thinking of suspending him from the opener and maybe more. But, what is he gonna do if he passes a drug test, he cant do anything. He cant take away HR's he cant change pitcher's ERAs, and he can't change batting averages and slugging percentages and also on base percentage. There is nothing Bud can do about the past, he can only regret not doing something then. If there were a ruling back then, he could have done something. But he cannot now :)

Sorry but thats not true, the information in the book was obtained from the investigation of BALCO, and the written documents that were found, at BALCO, and on Barrys trainer. Also, you don't have the instant muscle growth that Bonds has had at his age without some help. No proof, yes they do!! thats why in his grand jury statement, he is qouted as saying "he didn't know what he was using" he stated it was some type of flax seed oil, yea right!! It was clear cream, he's catching flak because he's a first class jerk, to the media, his teammates, and fellow ballplayers, He needs to go!!!

Apparently I am the only person here who realizes that Bonds, Mac, Sosa, etc. NEVER BROKE ANY RULES unless they took steroids last season because THERE WERE NO RULES IN MLB PROHIBITING STEROID USE UNTIL LAST SEASON.

I think it's ludicrous that it's gotten this much talk and play. As I said this time last year, the same people now who are condemning all of these guys are the exact same ones who sang their praises when they were hitting 60+ homers like it was nothing.

This was my exact quote in February of 05.

I just said that if they did take steroids, it wasn't against the rules of the game until now. There is nothing that can be done against them.

I just find it haliarious now how all of America has vilinized all the athletes that we were worshiping less than a year ago because of some idiot who is jealous because we stopped worshiping him and needs money decides to bring everyone else down with him.

You can't tell me that this one book or sequence of events suddenly made you see the light that players in baseball used steroids. The fact is that no one cared because it was trendy to watch a guy hit a baseball 500 feet and now the trendy thing to do is ostracize these same players because they "diminshed the integrity of the game."