Barry Bonds

Guest catfish-hunter

This is all ridiculous! The only one it's going to make look bad is Bud Selig!

If it's discovered that steriod use was rampant in the early to mid 2000's(which we know it was), then he will look like an idiot because he had been given info that it was a problem & didn't do anything about it.If the investigation can't dig out substantial info that there was a problem then he will look like an idiot for calling this stupid investigation just a few days before the season starts.

Bud Selig & all the owners knew that it was going on but they didn't want to say anything because "Baseball" was too popular at the time & they didn't wan't to mess it up!

Bud Selig will be the fall guy from all this.He should be!

Bud Selig should RESIGN!

THE SQUAD :)

Edited by THE SQUAD

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all ridiculous! The only one it's going to make look bad is Bud Selig!

If it's discovered that steriod use was rampant in the early to mid 2000's(which we know it was), then he will look like an idiot because he had been given info that it was a problem & didn't do anything about it.If the investigation can't dig out substantial info that there was a problem then he will look like an idiot for calling this stupid investigation just a few days before the season starts.

Bud Selig & all the owners knew that it was going on but they didn't want to say anything because "Baseball" was too popular at the time & they didn't wan't to mess it up!

Bud Selig will be the fall guy from all this.He should be!

Bud Selig should RESIGN!

THE SQUAD B)

Remember, his nickname is Bud Light.

B)B)

Either way it goes it will be bad for the League...

Cleaning up the league of selfish idiots fraudulantly taking away memories of the real greats of the game with their steroid driven murder of the national pastime will not be bad for the game. It will be bad for the thieves of the game. It's long overdue. After they clean them up, they need to go through baseballs' leadership and find out who knew what and when they knew it. They should all be locked up.

Actually Soloman, steroids have always been banned from MLB, but until 2003 there were no testing guidelines which meant there was no punishment, but after getting a light testing policy put into place there came small penalties but nothing that would keep players from doing it anyways!

I am totally against steroids, because they kill!

http://www.geocities.com/bigcory94533/alzado.html

If Barry Bonds and McGwire want to kill themselves fine, but you have to realize, theses guys have millions of kids that idolize them and if they see them taking them and getting better, whats going to keep the kids from taking them? In fact it has already spread to the high school level and where do you think theses kids got the idea to take them? I bet it wasnt from there grandmothers! Now imagine that one of thoses kids is yours and he/she is doing it behind your back and you get a call one day that you need to get to the hospital because your 17 year old has just had a massive stroke! Then who knows if your kid will live or die and if they do will they ever lead a normal life again? Come on guys, you have to think, this is not a game, people are dying due to this stuff and one of theses days in just might hit home!

It needs to be cleaned up at ever level and used for medical purposes only and anyone caught with it should be held to the same penalties as those caught with meth!!! :angry:

If Barry Bonds and McGwire want to kill themselves fine, but you have to realize, theses guys have millions of kids that idolize them and if they see them taking them and getting better, whats going to keep the kids from taking them? In fact it has already spread to the high school level and where do you think theses kids got the idea to take them? I bet it wasnt from there grandmothers! Now imagine that one of thoses kids is yours and he/she is doing it behind your back and you get a call one day that you need to get to the hospital because your 17 year old has just had a massive stroke! Then who knows if your kid will live or die and if they do will they ever lead a normal life again? Come on guys, you have to think, this is not a game, people are dying due to this stuff and one of theses days in just might hit home!

It is the parent's respondsibility to make sure their chilrdren don't do these things. I am sorry but it is time for society to take respondsibility for their lack of parenting. We want to blame athletes, celebrities, or video games for all the bad that our children do. It all starts at home and if we do not want kids taking steroids then the parents need to make sure their kids aren't putting themselves in that situation and the parents need to stop being friends and start being parents. Bonds and McGwire aren't respondsible for this steroids craze, it is the parents who are oblivious to what there kids are doing or the ones who buy them for their kids.

It is the parent's respondsibility to make sure their chilrdren don't do these things. I am sorry but it is time for society to take respondsibility for their lack of parenting. We want to blame athletes, celebrities, or video games for all the bad that our children do. It all starts at home and if we do not want kids taking steroids then the parents need to make sure their kids aren't putting themselves in that situation and the parents need to stop being friends and start being parents. Bonds and McGwire aren't respondsible for this steroids craze, it is the parents who are oblivious to what there kids are doing or the ones who buy them for their kids.

I agree with you on the parenting, but parents cant be with their children 24 hours a day and believe it or not, society does dictate alot of what the youth today do! And if one kid does because he thinks he can get strong like barry then he convinces you kid to do it, I understand that it should be pounded into the kids head to say no, but sometimes at that age, they dont make the wisest decisions, we all know that! The pressures of being young today are at a all time high!

Apparently I am the only person here who realizes that Bonds, Mac, Sosa, etc. NEVER BROKE ANY RULES unless they took steroids last season because THERE WERE NO RULES IN MLB PROHIBITING STEROID USE UNTIL LAST SEASON.

I think it's ludicrous that it's gotten this much talk and play. As I said this time last year, the same people now who are condemning all of these guys are the exact same ones who sang their praises when they were hitting 60+ homers like it was nothing.

This was my exact quote in February of 05.

Sorry, but, you too are wrong, steroids are and were prohibted in baseball, its just that the players were not tested for them, before last year. Besides that, it is illigal to obtain, use, or distribute steriods, without a doctors perscription. ANOTHER WORDS IT WAS AGAINST THE LAW!! "NEVER BROKE ANY RULES" get your facts straight before you post (or yell) on this subject :thumb: !

Steroids were always against the rules--there was just no testing or enforcement. but there are many more substances that are now banned that were not and are not illegal. Like Andro Mac used--if that was all he used, it was not illegal or banned in 98, but would be today. But it is impossible to believe that's all that he was using.