USJ violation

VolunteerGeneral

:thumb:

;) Too Funny BP! You forgot public hangings and scarlet letters! Way to keep things in perspective. :thumb:

With a name like Jose Wales-my favorite all time movie--maybe you need to use the CE quote from the unforgiven. I'm kill you, I'll kill your wife and kids and I'll burn your house down, or something like that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a name like Jose Wales-my favorite all time movie--maybe you need to use the CE quote from the unforgiven. I'm kill you, I'll kill your wife and kids and I'll burn your house down, or something like that.

Yep. I was wishin that I could get an avatar of a dog with a little toabacco juice between the eyes, but no such luck. Sound effects of spitting would have been nice as well. :thumb:

USJ should at least be put on PROBATION.

Just think about how FC players felt when they were beat by a team that was not even compliant with TSSAA rules. When they were all on the field in a dog pile and rejoicing there win with all the FC players sad and hurt with disappointment of not winning. you can't give that type of joy back even if they awarded the title to FC.

Also they should move them to DII !!!

Why aren't they in the private division? What's the difference? Aren't they a private school.

private schools do not have to play in private classification, unless they have student athletes who receive financial aid, in that case they must participate in the private divisions.

Well if that is the case USJ should be in that classification because the two players were going to school for free. Right!

You know, the more I think about this, the more I don't think the TSSAA came down hard enough. Does anyone remember back in either 2000 or 2001 when North Side couldn't compete in the postseason because their coach was doing drills with the team outside of the practice times? Does this not seem worse to anyone else?

This went on a whole year. It didn't affect one sport, but two! This isn't just baseball, this is what the NCAA would deem "lack of insitutional control." And they had to just forfeit wins, and pay what amounts to a $850 fine? That's it? For all practical purposes, USJ is still the 2005 state champs, whether they have the gold ball or not.

Take my opinion for what's it's worth, but USJ should be barred from competiting in any postseason for the rest of the 2006 calendar year to prove a point that this won't be tolerated. Basically the only distinction between D1 and D2 was blurred, whether accidental or not.

Well after getting a little more information on the situation I`m very satisfied with the way it was handled. As I have said earlier I am an alum of the school, but my kids attend public schools. I have always taken up for USJ when people get on here and spout innuendos and rumors without anything to base it on. The people at USJ are fine folks. But I also like to be objective and from all reports from the paper this thing just seemed to have a stink on it and I wasn`t going to give them a pass just because I went to school there. But after having discussed it with someone who was at the meeting I`m very satisfied that the whole thing was just an oversight. When you have as many kids that attend USJ as they do there will inevitably be a few families for whatever reason fall behind on their payment. It could be a divorce thing or a loss of job or unexpected medical reasons or any number of things. Most any private school including USJ is willing to work it out with the individual families to help them out. USJ called the TSSAA on their own to clarify this rule and then went back and found 41 students who had fallen behind (per Jackson Sun) and there were only 2 that played sports. It was then that USJ realized they had a violation. The school then did the right thing and called the TSSAA back and told them about the irregularity. Where USJ messed up was not actually coming up with an ammended payment schedule for the families that needed some extra time. If they had done this then everything would have been fine. They don`t have any athletes who are NOT paying. The whole thing was simply an oversight on the schools part.

And to Kublah..I can now say that I AM proud of the way my school handled the whole thing. I think Mr. Carter was impressed as well at the quick response from the school once the problem was identified.

Ronnie Carter on USJ

I have served on the board of a private school and I can understand how some like this could happen. I was not aware of this TSSAA rule and I doubt that any other school board member was aware of the rule.

As for all the junk being said about USJ, give me a break. They self-reported as soon as they were aware of the problem. They paid the penalty prescribed by the TSSAA. Move on.

If it wasn't USJ, it would be a non-issue.

Edited by Bighurt

I have served on the board of a private school and I can understand how some like this could happen. I was not aware of this TSSAA rule and I doubt that any other school board member was aware of the rule.

As for all the junk being said about USJ, give me a break. They self-reported as soon as they were aware of the problem. They paid the penalty prescribed by the TSSAA. Move on.

If it wasn't USJ, it would be a non-issue.

Bighurt...I go to church with board chairman of USJ and there is no man with finer character around. I can attest to that. It doesn`t surprise me in the least that he was not hesitant to do what was right and do it promptly.

I have something i want to say for those who are talking bad about the USJ baseball program and all this stuff going on... I played on the best team, by far, in Class A, and even though they are taking our state championship away, guess what? i probably have more wins in my senior season than any of you trash talkers do in your high school career... call us cheaters because of what happened, you think we havent been called that before? you are all jealous, that is all it is...i know we went 36-5, won district, and won our 4th state championship in 7 years. record books dont mean much to me. if another team wants to claim the championship, that is just funny because we absolutely dominated every team we faced in the state tourney...they cant take my ring away, or the dogpile with my teammates