Jackson Co. vs Summertown

bob77

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to Summertown? Was JC really that much better?

Yes Jackson County was head and shoulders above Summertown today. Their defense was phenomenol. When you hold a very good team like Summertown to 6 points in a half then you've done something. I've said it many times that you never quite see how good JC really is until you have to face them in the buro' and then and only then do you realize its a totally different game than what you've ever seen before. :lol:

Yes Jackson County was head and shoulders above Summertown today. Their defense was phenomenol. When you hold a very good team like Summertown to 6 points in a half then you've done something. I've said it many times that you never quite see how good JC really is until you have to face them in the buro' and then and only then do you realize its a totally different game than what you've ever seen before. :lol:

Dev it was nice to meet you this season! Look forward to next season! ;)

Just to state it plainly, I have never seen more arrogant fans in my life. Not all but some. All the D7 fans that are saying they are pulling for JC are just being politically correct. No one wants to see them win because of some fan's arrogance. There must be a problem with some of you because with your team’s success in the past, you should simply sit back and listen to everyone else say how good the Jackson County Ladies are. And when they say it, smile and say, "Thanks, they work really hard." That is called humility. And believe me, everyone is saying it. All I heard while at RBS this summer was how it was bad enough to be in a district with good, if not great teams, such as Clarkrange, Clay County, Pickett County, and others, that now Jackson County had come down to 1A. People their were wondering if they would ever get out of the region again. My point is everyone knows that JC is good. But a little humility is a great thing and would actually gain admiration from everyone else. Not that you probably care.

Your arrogance even extends to the level of telling me, not informing me or educating me so I can correct my error, but telling me not the put #24 in my posts. I do not take orders well except from God, my wife, my Mom and my Dad.

And of course, you will be good next year, just like you were last year and the year before. But during neither of those years did you win state championships, so next year your chances are not good. No team can graduate 5 impact seniors and stay at the same level the next year. And one 6'6 or 6'7 or 7'4 player is not going to give you a championship.

Good luck to the Jackson County Ladies and to the Summertown Ladies. You both are a joy to watch play. And to my friends in Jackson County, I know you are like most fans in most places and I appreciate that. Rick and Bubba, a radio show out of Birmingham says it best, "you need to cull your nuts".

Would my friend from Jackson County who sent me the gift me lmk who you are. My daughter, a blond, forgot your name. Thanks, I will wear it today to the game. When Richland wins a state title, I will get on something with their name on it too. It was very thoughtful and I will really enjoy wearing it. Not very many teams have the tradition your team has. Thanks again. :lol:

Its a two way street every post I remember from you you belittle our team

From the live stats on CoachT's front page...

# Player FG 3s FT O D T PF P A TO BLK S M

23 Tucker, Tamia 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

Apparantely she can even record steals from the bench...

Period Team Play Score

2 1:29 SUMM Steal by Tucker.

Tamia Tucker did not play,she tore her ACL in the Region semifinal game aginst perry Co., she was dressed out on the bench with a brace on her knee....

I'm not one to whine to anyone about a game, but I have sat here and read these posts and YES, I agree, JC fans appear to be the most arrogant of any I have ever seen too! Someone made a remark about S'town's turnovers, well I couldn't help but notice that the refs didn't call walks on JC players like they should have. If they had, JC would have had far more turnovers than S'town. They also didn't call near as many fouls as they should have. Anyone with halfway decent eyesight could see the fouls under S'town's goal that were NEVER called. I guess that is what someone meant in their post about this being 7A district...(I know I didn't quote exactly). Let me tell you one more thing, if any other team had lost their starting point guard in the semi-finals of the regional games, they would not have made it to the state like S'town. The fact that the others stepped up when they were needed says a lot for these ladies and I am proud to be a lady eagle fan! Go FORREST! Bring the gold ball to Chapel Hill!

from the previous post i am glad to see that you feel that j.county fans are arrogant!

for the definition of arrogance is to be OVERBEARINGLY PROUD. yes here in j.county we are extremely proud of our girls. they have brought great pride to this community,but i am sure that when you made your comment about us being arrogant.that you meant that in a degrading disrespectful way. here in j.county we call that being a spoiled sport and a sore loser. because you all want to get on here and talk about bad calls and everything else. to make an excuse as to why your team got beat . there has not been enough bad calls to make up for the 21 point beating S.T. took today and the 18 point thumping that hampton took yesterday. yes we may get beat tomorrow by forrest if so. then thats the way it was meant to be. we will hang our heads high and think of what a great run it was. if we are fortunate enough to win the gold then everyone will be invited to kermit forkum gym to celebrate tomorrow night somewhere around 10-midnight .as has been done 4 other times since 2000. in all kinds of sports there are teams that are hated the yankees in baseball, the patriots in football.etc.etc. with jackson county girls basketball being hated in tennessee. because if they werent so good everyone wouldn't hate them so b :thumb: ad. so stop your whining and get over your beating

I'm not one to whine to anyone about a game, but I have sat here and read these posts and YES, I agree, JC fans appear to be the most arrogant of any I have ever seen too! Someone made a remark about S'town's turnovers, well I couldn't help but notice that the refs didn't call walks on JC players like they should have. If they had, JC would have had far more turnovers than S'town. They also didn't call near as many fouls as they should have. Anyone with halfway decent eyesight could see the fouls under S'town's goal that were NEVER called. I guess that is what someone meant in their post about this being 7A district...(I know I didn't quote exactly). Let me tell you one more thing, if any other team had lost their starting point guard in the semi-finals of the regional games, they would not have made it to the state like S'town. The fact that the others stepped up when they were needed says a lot for these ladies and I am proud to be a lady eagle fan! Go FORREST! Bring the gold ball to Chapel Hill!

Most JC fans don't want to appear arrogant, but there are some that does as a way to rub or needle or gouge other posters.

Summertown has an outstanding and successful program of girls bb and I admire the grit and determination, and you are correct as not many programs could have made it this far with the season ending injury to their pg.

The difference in today's game was not the refs if you will look at the stats I think you would agree.

Turnovers ST 14 JC 13

Foul Shots ST 11 JC 17

Rebounds ST 25 JC 28

Total Fouls ST 17 JC 14

FG Shooting% ST 28.9 JC 50

3 pt Shooting % ST 9.1 JC 33.3

The shooting % was the difference and could that be the result of JC defensive effort?