Forrest Lady Rocket vs. Jackson County Lady Blue Devil

Dossman

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen a worse bunch of officiating in my life. The refs gave this one to Forrest.

You have got to be kidding me? For those at Forrest, don't let this one bitter fan make you think any less of the Jackson Co. fan base. I haven't saw anyone else make excuses about last night's game because they knew they were outplayed and down right lost the game. I'll say it again, I have great respect for the team, staff, and fans of Forrest. They worked hard and deserve all that they are getting. I'll also still my props to Jackson Co. fans because we've had fun on these boards and in the stands! Can't wait for 2006-2007 in District 7A!

That`s kinda a snub to Madison who Forrest just narrowly beat by one point as well. Let`s just say it was 2 of the best teams in the state that played tonight.

Congrats to Forrest.Wow two one point victories to take the crown. :huh:

maybe you need to take some reading lessons there my friend!!!!! there was no snub to anyone including madison i said the best CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN YEARS, CHAMPIONSHIP MEANING FINAL GAME, for all the marbles, for the GOLD,congrats to forrest on a great game and hard fought win. congrats to j.county on silver and a great season. madison enjoy tour state tournament participation banner :huh:

Well... this was a great game. I believe the 2 best teams in single A played for the state championship. These teams are so even in style, talent, and fan support. I think if these 2 teams met 99 more times it would be right down to the wire, again. Both teams had tales of 2 halfs. JC didn't play the same style defense in the 1st as the second. Forrest didn't miss shots in the 1st half. Now, as far as the refs go, I agree that there were more calls against JC but none were bad calls, I felt the refs let the players decide that game, LIKE IT SHOULD BE. So many little things all the way through the game could game the out come. Both teams played like champions. Congradulations to both teams on great years. These 2 teams will be at state next year, and could be another barn burner.

To the Lady Blue Devils, Great season. You will be back...

Forrest, Great run. You peeked at the right time. JC didn't play bad, they missed some open looks that normally fall but nothing more than that. Good Job and hoipefully we will see you again, next year.

Let me first start off by giving Forrest my congratulations on being the Class A State Champions. I doubted you midway through the season when you started to struggle and everyone kept saying I had you ranked too high. I should have stuck with what I knew, but I really didn't know if you had the heart to even get to State let alone win it. I now know there is no team in Class A that has more heart then you girls, and your coach for that matter. Again, congrats on a surperb accomplishment.

I originally was not going to get to go to this game, but some things in my schedule got changed around and I got to attend at the last minute. All 3 games were terrific; I definitely got my money's worth.

The refs in this game were a nonfactor. I didn't see any calls that were bad on either end. I thought it was the best called game in the entire tournament.

Forrest simply played the kind of game they needed to play to beat Jackson County. They had less turnovers, more rebounds, shot a slightly better percentage from the free throw line, and was a little deeper team then the Lady Blue Devils. They beat Jackson County at their own game--the half-court game. Both teams wanted a slow tempo game and that's what they got. However, Forrest ended up executing just slightly better then Jackson County did.

Bussell is a warrior and I've been saying that ever since I saw her as an 11 year old in AAU with the Tennessee Flash. Forrest is a very freshman and sophomore laden team so they will definitely be in contention next year. Jackson County will possibly be back depending on if they can find other players to step up and produce with Dyer, Maxwell, and Ferris.

Everyone leave poor Devilfanatic alone. He's currently got a bellyache from all the crow he is eating (he may never finish the amount of crow on his plate). He's posted the same things over and over all year long and in the end, he was wrong on all of them:

---Jackson County and Clarkrange will be playing for the Championship Game in Murfreesboro.

---There will be an all 7A Championship Game.

---Jackson County will win the Gold Ball with little to no problem.

---Jackson County will win 5 in a row starting with this year.

These are just a few that we have all had to endure. If I only had a dime for everytime he posted that it was a fact that Jackson County was going to win the Gold Ball, I could possibly purchase my own private island. Devilfanatic, you know I'm just ripping on you, much like you've ripped on me all year long. It wouldn't have been the same without your strictly biased view of Jackson County driving us all nuts. I look forward to the "Jackson County will dominate for the next 4 years" posts that I am sure you will be making in great abundance next season.

Again, congrats to Forrest and to Jackson County for representing Class A so well. Next year is already shaping up to be even more unpredictable then this year.