The best A rivaly

jogles

Union City and Lake County is a rivaly. The schools are separted by thirty miles but the tention can be cut by a knife. This rivaly is like duke and north carolina. The school can stand one another but they respect one other. It is a big basketball rivaly.

It's not a rivalry,yet.....Lake County has only beaten Union City one time since 1979 and that was with 3 starters and the 6th man sitting out due to suspension this year.....Hardly a rivalry....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a rivalry,yet.....Lake County has only beaten Union City one time since 1979 and that was with 3 starters and the 6th man sitting out due to suspension this year.....Hardly a rivalry....

backinthaoc i'm just sayin that the atmosphere is the best among the games i've been apart of this year. Ohh by the way what did you do to our school and you dont consider this a rivaly. hummm..... This alot of elements of being a rivaly in single a

1. Two schools that cant stand each other.

2. A formal coach that coached at obion in mr jim witby

3. One school vandilized the other

4. On the court trash talk.

5. The hype build up.

I have to disagree with your statement. I believe that Union City and Lake County is one the biggest around. Alot of the tension comes from back in the day when Union City used to play Lake County. Trust me, the tension is there and its strong. It will continue to stay that way too.

First of all congratulations to UC on winning the championship and representing district 14 and region 7 (the most competetive in the state). With that said...

"Lake County only beat UC 1 time when the starters were on suspension....". That hat is getting old Union City fans . Move on and enjoy the title this year. We will meet you on the court next season and maybe the rivalry tag will be justified.

I have to disagree with your statement. I believe that Union City and Lake County is one the biggest around. Alot of the tension comes from back in the day when Union City used to play Lake County. Trust me, the tension is there and its strong. It will continue to stay that way too.

To have a rivalry,you have to beat the team you are supposed to be a rival with...

Lake Co and Union City had not played in years until this year.....

Lake County has ONE win since 1979......

Maybe it IS a rivalry to Lake County NOW.....It WILL be to Union City

I remember going to Tiptonville when Stanley and Rodney were playing(early 90's)...Union City beat Lake Co. 90 something to 30 something....Stanley and Rodney elected to stay home that night to study for a final....That's the kind of memory about UC-LC I have.....

With all that said...They will be a HUGE rivalry now...Being in the same district and with a Sisco and Whitby on the bench...UC and South Fulton will be a big rivalry and UC-Humboldt will be (already is to an extent,they have played each other many times in the past few years)

To have a rivalry,you have to beat the team you are supposed to be a rival with...

Lake Co and Union City had not played in years until this year.....

Lake County has ONE win since 1979......

Maybe it IS a rivalry to Lake County NOW.....It WILL be to Union City

I remember going to Tiptonville when Stanley and Rodney were playing(early 90's)...Union City beat Lake Co. 90 something to 30 something....Stanley and Rodney elected to stay home that night to study for a final....That's the kind of memory about UC-LC I have.....

With all that said...They will be a HUGE rivalry now...Being in the same district and with a Sisco and Whitby on the bench...UC and South Fulton will be a big rivalry and UC-Humboldt will be (already is to an extent,they have played each other many times in the past few years)

Same ole same ole. Why is it that you Union Citians think you are the best thing since a pocket on a shirt. If it were not for that Honda/Harley store, there wouldn't be any reason for anyone to ever visit the town. Just a bunch of know it all snobs who don't know how to handle sucess without rubbuing their good fortune in everbodies face. So you have beat LC on a consistent basis, you didn't prove anything to Humboldt did you. I certainly hope that in the coming seasons, LC takes UC to the outhouse in some sport. They will show you how to win and be good sports about it. You are all no class having SNOBS! All of you.

Same ole same ole. Why is it that you Union Citians think you are the best thing since a pocket on a shirt. If it were not for that Honda/Harley store, there wouldn't be any reason for anyone to ever visit the town. Just a bunch of know it all snobs who don't know how to handle sucess without rubbuing their good fortune in everbodies face. So you have beat LC on a consistent basis, you didn't prove anything to Humboldt did you. I certainly hope that in the coming seasons, LC takes UC to the outhouse in some sport. They will show you how to win and be good sports about it. You are all no class having SNOBS! All of you.

I don't know about proving anything to Humboldt....Union City had beaten them 10 straight times before the wins this year by Humboldt.....

I'm sure if Union City and Lake County play long enough the Falcons will take the Tornadoes to the woodshed in something....

Sorry you have issues with Union Citians....It's also nice to see you are showing the state how much class you have...

Edited by backinthaoc

I don't know about proving anything to Humboldt....Union City had beaten them 10 straight times before the wins this year by Humboldt.....

I'm sure if Union City and Lake County play long enough the Falcons will take the Tornadoes to the woodshed in something....

Sorry you have issues with Union Citians....It's also nice to see you are showing the state how much class you have...

What would you no about class. ESD