HUMBOLDT VS. GRACE BAPTIST

bed2i

I dont think Grace is going to get blown out, I'm not saying they are going to win.

Humboldt is better at what they do than Grace and the other way around, so we'll just see what happens.

If grace wins, you better believe ill be on here for about 2 hours talking crap due to what's been said.

I agree with you volsbigd712. I' ve only seen Humboldt once, but I've seen Grace enough times to know they are a smart & well coached ball team. CHanging defenses every once in a while is good, but Van HOrn will recognize it and get everyone in the set that their supposed to be in to be successful offensively. It will be interesting to see if Humboldt begins to force shots once the air is taken out of the ball, especially if they are down. By the way, who were Humboldts 4 losses to and how did they beat Humboldt.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMasters will be about as much a factor against Humboldt as he was against East Robertson....Just remember East Robertson isn't even on the same playground as Humboldt.....If Grace comes out the way they did gainst ER,they will be down 15-20 points in the first quarter,count on that.....

District 14A is still unbeaten in the post season vs other districts around the state...

And kinda of a sad note,the district(14A) and regional semi-finals(All Dist.14A) was a stronger Final Four than this state tournament Final Four....

I agree with you on this..Good luck to U.C. and Humboldt..Hopefully they will play for the championship and bring both trophies home..

Yall about to lose to Humboldt by 40 points. If lake county played yall we would beat yall by 42. We beat humboldt this year and humboldt is goin to embaress yall. By the way please talk carter mcmaster out of goin pro after the season. haha. Maybe after the season he can work on his layups.

So as a fan, not even a player, how do you have the right to get on here and smash carter? At 15, he has more potential to go further in life than you could ever hope and you are only making yourself, and lake county, look stupid and classless. if humboldt wins, congratulations, but if not, id go head and start figuring out how to get your foot out of your mouth

Edited by volsbigd712

I've read message after message. Before playing Cosby, they were picked to beat us (Humboldt). Before playing Cosby they were picked to go all the way. How is it that Cosby was picked over Grace and now Grace is picked over Humboldt. Statistically that's wrong. Now if you have watched Humboldt and knew anything about Humboldt you would know that Wednesday was not our best game and far from it. Humboldt if they had ran in their usually run mode, and had started one of their really good defensive manipulators, Cosby's point guard would have never made it across half court.

Next, you speak highly of ONE, man in the paint. Did you not see that we have 5 contributing player. Five contributing players and you pick one or two people to beat five. Statistically, That's wrong.

I agree strongly with the message stating that Cosby would have a fight to fall in as a Fifth place team in our district.

Grace may give us a game and a half, and they may even win, but I guarantee they better come with atleast 5 players, if they don't the will never win.

I agree with you volsbigd712. I' ve only seen Humboldt once, but I've seen Grace enough times to know they are a smart & well coached ball team. CHanging defenses every once in a while is good, but Van HOrn will recognize it and get everyone in the set that their supposed to be in to be successful offensively. It will be interesting to see if Humboldt begins to force shots once the air is taken out of the ball, especially if they are down. By the way, who were Humboldts 4 losses to and how did they beat Humboldt.

Humboldt will do what they do; it does not matter if the "air is taken out of the ball." Other teams have tried to do that and it blew up in their faces. We do not force shots; we can get any shot we want at any specific time even with a 6' 10'' guy in the middle. Humboldt lost to Lake Co. 3 times and UC 1 time.

double d, i answer you question with another

why isnt everyone rooting for grace?

i heard the state actually thought about going ahead and giving the gold ball to humboldt and their humble fans.

oh yeah, they'd split the ball with lake co. since their feelings are obviously hurt

Oh how I love sarcasm... it is called confidence; we know the gold ball is coming back to Humboldt, but I will be humble and congratulate you on a great season.

Humboldt will do what they do; it does not matter if the "air is taken out of the ball." Other teams have tried to do that and it blew up in their faces. We do not force shots; we can get any shot we want at any specific time even with a 6' 10'' guy in the middle. Humboldt lost to Lake Co. 3 times and UC 1 time.

What's up Deloach...don't forget the gum tomorrow...I don't believe I've left a prediction on this game yet...I see Humboldt getting the big guy in foul trouble and even if they can't, I don't think he has enough body handle Kelsey Rose, E.J. Epperson, DeAndre Perry, Derek Sain, and Marcus Johnson...Heck, even our 5'10 point guard Toylon Smith had 25 points and 10 rebounds against Cosby...The entire team can jump...I'm sure I'll take some heat for predicting a blowout like this, but get over it...I say Grace tries to slow the game down, but isn't able to...they then try to play catch up and that's when it gets ugly...I say Humboldt wins by 26...

Humboldt - 88

Grace Baptist Academy - 62

Smith is going to have a big game tomorrow....Also, expect Derek Sain to have a good game...He played AWFULLY timid towards the beginning of the year, but has definitely stepped it up to another level during the postseason...that put back dunk in last night's game was crazy...

As far as all the trash talking goes...I have much more respect for Grace than Cosby...I know some Humboldt folks get on here saying things and it's likely that some of them don't have a clue what they're talking about...but Cosby was losing it..."Up in these moutains, we're brought up with Humility and Respect"....well, I guess Dexter Manning's flipping of the birds up to the student section was "respectable"...it was a punk move...Kelvin Rone also flipped the student section the bird but it was in a more subtle manner...Also, some guy that didn't see a minute of playing time was yelling profanity up at the student section as he walked through the tunnell...I do respect Grace though and the prediction is nothing personal...just my honest opinion on what I think will happen...If I'm wrong then I'm wrong...but I did predict Humboldt 84 UC 82 in the Region Championship and it was 86-83...I then predicted 80-64 Humboldt over Cosby last night...Humboldt won 84-64...I'm usually able to get a pretty good grasp of how things are going to go but you never know in the 'Boro....good luck to all teams the next two days... :thumb:

Edited by red_16