Dekalb

Just a BBall Fan

They didn't learn to break THAT press on their own. :thumb: They were prepared for it. The Jackson Co. coach had to call three or four time-outs to avoid the ten Sec. call, because of it. :D

No offense but are you saying that her not caling a timeout at all was a good thing? Because we only scored two points in the entire second half. I think sometime during one of their massive runs she should have called a timeout and calmed them down...and i tink the pressure on JaCo is playing to your opponent's potential. They Lady bees and coach McWilliams knew how good Jackson county was and knew that they had to bring the heat. They didnt really have a worry playing us...they knew we are a struggling program.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger 21, the program started going down when Foster took over, not when he left. The last winning year was the year before Foster took over. Foster was at Jackson Co. and they were the worst basketball team in the District at the time, then he left and they hired someone of the name "JIM BROWN" and that should say enough about Foster. Foster never had a winning season and the girls hated playing for him.

I can honestly say I have never heard of a coach not calling a timeout in a game. I think Dekalb should use a motion offense with a good trapping defense. Stress the three ball and getting to the free throw line; initiate some contact and don't be afraid to use some fouls. Set the tone for once. They play to the other teams tempo.

I am glad that DeKalb did not have a 10 second call against Upperman, but anyone who saw the game knows that was mainly because DeKalb turned the ball over within seconds. As for the comment about the girls being prepared to break the press prior to the game, these girls were prepared...but it wasnt this year. They have known how to break a press since middle school.

Also, someone made a comment about the girls being in- or out-of-shape. Ask anyone of the girls, they showed up during pre-season conditioning not knowing whether they were going to run that day or not. It all depended on the mood of their coach, or so the girls say. Some days they would run 3 miles, yet other days they would not run at all. AND....some of the girls on the team would be in much better shape if they did not smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day.

The fact that the coach was laughing during her loss against Baxter shows that she was not prepared to coach in our district. I do not blame her for the situation she was put in....I blame the parents. It seems to me that some of the parents in DeKalb had rather their kids get to play in a game than actually win the game. Until this cycle stops, the program will not get any better.

Last i heard, a lot of parents went in front of the school board at the last meeting and complained about the fiasco at Baxter...but will things really change? The school system seems totally against offering more money to get a better coach and frankly, that's just disgusting. The bad thing about her gettin the job was because her entire family is in some way a part of the school system. Her aunt and uncle both taught, well her aunt still teaches and her uncle retired last year and her mother was a substitute. Her cousin is also the assistant coach. Is anyone seeing the trend? This whole family matter needs to be eliminated and get a coach who wants to help the girls and wants them to do well, instead of one who worries about politics and whose parents get mad! This isnt the presidential election nor is it a family reunion. These girls want to win as bad as anyone else.

Last i heard, a lot of parents went in front of the school board at the last meeting and complained about the fiasco at Baxter...but will things really change? The school system seems totally against offering more money to get a better coach and frankly, that's just disgusting. The bad thing about her gettin the job was because her entire family is in some way a part of the school system. Her aunt and uncle both taught, well her aunt still teaches and her uncle retired last year and her mother was a substitute. Her cousin is also the assistant coach. Is anyone seeing the trend? This whole family matter needs to be eliminated and get a coach who wants to help the girls and wants them to do well, instead of one who worries about politics and whose parents get mad! This isnt the presidential election nor is it a family reunion. These girls want to win as bad as anyone else.

Okay, here's the truth for you.... The problem in Dekalb County is there is too much parental input as far as hiring a coach. I understand that everyone wants their child/grandchild to shine but give me a break.... not everyone is a superstar. I believe that you should work hard and earn your position and awards fairly. You should not get to play just because your parent complains. The same thing goes for people going against good coaches because their child didn't see the floor enough or get enough recognition. Truth be know..... the current DCHS girl's coach was about the 6th person offered the job. I heard that Josh Agee, Dekalb Middle's coach, went and asked for the job but was turned down because some parents complained that agee was unfair or whatever. All I can say is that I attend ALOT of basketball games in this county and elsewhere and Agee's girl's win or at least hold their own against the same teams and schools that DCHS is getting killed by. The record for the middle school should speak for itself. They win games! They go out there to play and win! Agee expects nothing less. Someone should ask if he wants the job. Seriously, what could it hurt???? Kudos to our last superintendent! He should definitly pat himself on the back for a job well done! The juniors and below on the team played these same schools in middle school and won. Why can't they win now???? I'll tell you, it is the coaching. When you don't know what you are doing you really can't tell someone else what to do. I really don't think that the coaching situation should be allowed to continue for the rest of the season. I am embarrased for these kids and the coach should graciously resign and let someone else step up to the plate.

To the person that knows the truth. The reason Josh Agee didn't get the job coaching the Lady Tigers is because all of the seniors that were on the team refused to play for him. Ask any one of them even the ones that are related to him. That is a total different story. We need to focus on the problem at hand. Not look back.

To the person that knows the truth. The reason Josh Agee didn't get the job coaching the Lady Tigers is because all of the seniors that were on the team refused to play for him. Ask any one of them even the ones that are related to him. That is a total different story. We need to focus on the problem at hand. Not look back.

Not sure why the seniors didn't want to play for him unless maybe he actually was a little hard on them when he assisted. Who is he related to? That is another problem..... the girls and their parents can't take someone being rough on their kids to make them strive to be better. I agree that we should focus on the future but I just wonder if he was asked to take the job now if he would. I mean really, I don't think it could get any worse.

This is to Dekalb Fan, i didnt mean parents complained because their child didnt get to play, parents complained about her obvious refusal to coach the girls that were on the floor! So what if the Upperman coach is supposedly mad at you and wants to run up the score! You still have to play and teach those girls as best you can! Personally, i think thingsare about to change in DC, whether for good or bad.

The Lady Tigers have not been competitive since the early 90's. They were underachievers with Corder, Foster, Harrison, and now Tobitt. However, the talent, effort, and desire has also dwindled since then. Blame the coaches, players, and parents-who think their kid is better than they really are.

I don't think the current coach was ready to take on a high school team-especially in this district, but these players are not on the same talent level as the other teams. Right now Herman is the only player that could play for any other team in the district and I don't know how much of a role she would have.

Harrison was not the answer either. Ask Cumberland County. It is easy to blame the coach and it was a bad hire, but who else wanted this job? It is coaching suicide. The administration does not care about sports-From the Superintendent to the board members, to principal none of them played sports or really back it. So going out and hiring someone qualified is going to be difficult. Softball, baseball, and boys basketball is the only things Dekalb has to take pride in. Bond, Odom, and Martin should get much more credit for their teams.

I guess everyone has heard that Walls quit the team today. She refuses to play for Tobitt. Not that Tobitt let her play that much but if she had been "COACHED" any at all she could have been an asset to the team w/her 3 point shooting ability. I have heard that some parents think this might be the solution to the current problem. If all the girls walk off the team someone might stand up and take notice. Do you think?