Why Jay Cutler is NOT the pick

Interesting fact from Gil Brandt that I heard reported today.

In the history of the NFL draft, only one QB has been drafted in the first round that had a losing career record.

Tommy Kramer (Rice) 1976 Minnesota Vikings.

Jay Cutler would be the second.

Very interesting, but there is no way to know that Cutler will be the second! Depends on what kind of organization he gets stuck with, could be another Archie Manning, a great QB with no one surrounding him!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were to make the pick I would take Cutler over Young and Leinart. To me Young is all about"me" possibly another PacMan Jones. Not a team player. Leinart as has been said played behind a great o-line that would make anyone look good, he has never had to work hard like Cutler.

Cutler was basically a one man show at Vandy, he carried this team every game. If he had the tools that the other two had his stats wold outshine boh of them.

Cutler is a tough "Blue Collar" worker who would come in and be willing to sit out a year, learn a system and then outperform Leinart and Young for many years to come

Tuesday, 04/18/06

Cutler still is unclear on future

Jets in Nashville to visit; Titans downplay interest

By JIM WYATT

Staff WriteMike Mayock, an analyst with NFL Network, believes Cutler is the best quarterback in the draft.

.........."Two weeks ago I watched another 30 hours of tape on the three quarterbacks … and I came out of it even more convinced that he's the top quarterback on the board,'' Mayock said. "I understand the star power and playing for national championships, but I think general managers and coaches can get beyond that.

"I look at Cutler and at Vanderbilt and say he had a poor offensive line and no NFL-caliber wide receivers. So basically he was under pressure all the time, throwing into small windows. That is what the NFL is all about, so in an ironic twist to me, that is pretty good preparation for the NFL.''..................

I still think he is the real deal and always have. For those of you that think he'll be a bust, crow may be on the menu. Have your forks ready :lol:

I too would like to see the Titans take Cutler, but unless the Jets trade up to #2, then the Titans will be taking Leinert.

I may be wrong, but I think Young has bust written all over him.

Not sure if Vince will be a bust, but he could turn out like Vick in that he may just have running ability and not able to throw the ball! Which I guess could be considered a bust?