Why Jay Cutler is NOT the pick

Not sure if Vince will be a bust, but he could turn out like Vick in that he may just have running ability and not able to throw the ball! Which I guess could be considered a bust?

He's not nearly as elusive as Vick. Remember, a lot of those big runs in the Rose Bowl was just because he was such a physical specimen that he was able to break a tackle or two and head off. He won't be breaking those in the NFL. Vick can go from stop-to-go in one step. That's why he can survive.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not nearly as elusive as Vick. Remember, a lot of those big runs in the Rose Bowl was just because he was such a physical specimen that he was able to break a tackle or two and head off. He won't be breaking those in the NFL. Vick can go from stop-to-go in one step. That's why he can survive.

I don't know if he is really surviving or not. As good as he is,he can't stay healthy. :ph34r:

THE SQUAD

Edited by THE SQUAD

Fisher was on tv last night talking about how much he like Vince Young and how if Mario Williams was on the board when the Titans were up they may draft him. Thats sure fire signs that the Titans will not pick either 1. :thumb:

Unless the Saints are just idioits they will surely trade that #2 pick. They have a QB now, and are looking for help on the O-line. Why would they not take compensation for picking the player they were going to draft anyway. The Jets have the most to offer.They have 2 first round picks (4,29) and the third pick in the second round. If they offer the 4th pick of round 1 and the 3rd pick of round 2, the Saints would still get Ferguson or Williams and would have the 2nd and 3rd picks of round 2. Thats a hard trade to refuse.

To make a long story short, I think Cutler will be a Titan.

I like Cutler and think he has a shot, but you can't overlook some of the facts that many analysts have put out there:

Aside from beating a weak UT team, name the other "major" upset he engineered? Having never played in a championship game, a bowl game, or even a "must win" game during his college career, how will he fare when every game is huge?

Even when he had superior talent at the Senior Bowl, his stats were mediocre.

Is he a workout wonder, or just a good QB against average teams?

Has he even won enough games to have a real feel for how to drive a team to victory?

His footwork is a mess because of the constant pounding he received at Vandy. The pounding will only be worse with a number of teams he could go with. If he gets a similar reception to David Carr, will his effectiveness be shortened?

I know he's tough and is called this year's "gunslinger." Last year Losman had the moniker. Being a gunslinger can get you a victory(see Bret Favre)-or get you a ton of interceptions (see Bret Favre).

Granted, EVERY QB in the draft-every player- has some HUGE question marks.

Cutler's success will depend on the coaching he gets. His best shot is to actually drop further in the draft so he can get with a team that has better personnel.

I will have questions about any of the top three QB's the Titans could take.

I like Cutler and think he has a shot, but you can't overlook some of the facts that many analysts have put out there:

Aside from beating a weak UT team, name the other "major" upset he engineered? Having never played in a championship game, a bowl game, or even a "must win" game during his college career, how will he fare when every game is huge?

Even when he had superior talent at the Senior Bowl, his stats were mediocre.

Is he a workout wonder, or just a good QB against average teams?

Has he even won enough games to have a real feel for how to drive a team to victory?

His footwork is a mess because of the constant pounding he received at Vandy. The pounding will only be worse with a number of teams he could go with. If he gets a similar reception to David Carr, will his effectiveness be shortened?

I know he's tough and is called this year's "gunslinger." Last year Losman had the moniker. Being a gunslinger can get you a victory(see Bret Favre)-or get you a ton of interceptions (see Bret Favre).

Granted, EVERY QB in the draft-every player- has some HUGE question marks.

Cutler's success will depend on the coaching he gets. His best shot is to actually drop further in the draft so he can get with a team that has better personnel.

I will have questions about any of the top three QB's the Titans could take.

Aw heck, the Titans should just say the heck with it and draft Rick Clausen. :thumb:

Heard an interview today with a guy from LA who was talking about Leinert. The guy was a former USC guy (forgot who it was) and said that he doesn't think Leinert will make it in the NFL. The guy said Leinert had gone too "Hollywood" and wasn't focused enough on football now. Said that Leinert wants to be an actor and all that stuff and that his night life had become more important than football now. Thought it was interesting, and just thought I'd throw it out there.

I still say go with Cutler (or Rick Clausen).