cak vs. alcoa 2006

peep885

Statement? CAK will give Alcoa all they want, but Alcoa should win the contest by 10-14 late.

Coach Rankin does not need to make a statement, he has too much class for that bull!

Professor Rebel why are you concerning yourself with insignificant 2A "stuff." What does "class" have to do with it anyway? To me that is just a code word used by Maryville people who always look down their noses at Alcoa. You are always looking to jump on the morals, ethics and family values at Alcoa. You sure are an expert.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Professor Rebel why are you concerning yourself with insignificant 2A "stuff." What does "class" have to do with it anyway? To me that is just a code word used by Maryville people who always look down their noses at Alcoa. You are always looking to jump on the morals, ethics and family values at Alcoa. You sure are an expert.

He said your coach had class. So by your definition he said your new coach is a Maryville person who always looks down his nose at Alcoa. I really don't see you you deduced all of this from the statement about Rankin having too much class. By the way that '89 Tornado Team had.... I had better not say it. They were an awesome team. I even drove to Marion County to root for the Tornados. That Shannon Mitchell was fun to watch. He had a lot of .... (not gonna say it). I remember talking to his mother at Blount Memorial Hospital. She was a real nice lady. She had a lot of ....not gonna say it. By the way I think Alcoa beats CAK by 10-14 this year.

He said your coach had class. So by your definition he said your new coach is a Maryville person who always looks down his nose at Alcoa. I really don't see you you deduced all of this from the statement about Rankin having too much class. By the way that '89 Tornado Team had.... I had better not say it. They were an awesome team. I even drove to Marion County to root for the Tornados. That Shannon Mitchell was fun to watch. He had a lot of .... (not gonna say it). I remember talking to his mother at Blount Memorial Hospital. She was a real nice lady. She had a lot of ....not gonna say it. By the way I think Alcoa beats CAK by 10-14 this year.

Thanks Red Rebels, that was a classy post! I agree the 89' team was a great team, but I wasn't a part of that team. They finished 19th in USA Today's final top 25 poll at the end of that season. One of the 3 best East Tennessee teams I have seen including 86' Austin East and 87' Jefferson County, also USA Today top 25 teams. Anyway, we appreciate your support of Alcoa athletics.

I'm not convinced riverdale had a ton of talent as well. In my opinion they lost to a less talented Oak Ridge team. I also think Reid was a good coach. If you saw a riverdale game, they had about five plays, and they were all to gaston miller. We will see.........

that's kind of how high school football works. You have a good player, by God give him the ball. Is that a big shock to you?

No offense, but you must not follow Alcoa football. They will be just as good next year. They have "tons" of speed and some heavy duty hitters on defense. Plus, Coach Rankin will want to make an early statement against an up and coming PRIVATE school. It will be 40 plus!

Well its obvious that you are going to say Alcoa will win because you went to Alcoa obviously. Alcoa will not win state, they lost everyone except Kyrus Lanxter(SP?) and 1 other or so. Last year all they had was a three man team: Fiegler, Lindsey, and Warren. Thats how it was every play. No way it will happen for them this year.

Edited by govols14

Well its obvious that you are going to say Alcoa will win because you went to Alcoa obviously. Alcoa will not win state, they lost everyone except Kyrus Lanxter(SP?) and 1 other or so. Last year all they had was a three man team: Fiegler, Lindsey, and Warren. Thats how it was every play. No way it will happen for them this year.

Hmmm...who was awarded the BlueCross Bowl MVPs??? No, not Lindsey, not Fiegler, and couldn't have been Warren. It was Shiverdecker and Hicks, who, by the way, will be back next year. Them, along with Sykes, a talented upcoming senior class, and very talented underclassmen will put Alcoa back in the 'Boro! Alcoa won the championship without Sykes and Warren, and Lindsey was playing hurt. The new qb can't be called a "rookie" because he got plenty of playing time last year. All that, plus Rankin calling the shots equals a good shot at going to the 'Boro in Dec.!!!

Dream on, CAK fans!!! :lol:

Edited by tornadogold

I bet they win it all.

Ole Dad

Highly doubt that, but we will see when its all said and done.

I don't know why you "highly doubt" that. They MIGHT not win it, but you act like they don't have a chance. They have the best coach in the state, (that's not named Quarles), 19 senior starters, (2 of them will sign D-1 schollys, with a junior that will in two years), plus the already have two under their belt, so I don't see how this feat is highly doubtful.

This will be a track meet for Alcoa. Team speed is only matched by a few teams in TN. CAK lost its only threat, QB of course. Rankin is known for not calling off the dogs. He like Reid likes to give his boys lots of numbers in the stat column. He is already looking at the Alcoa Maryville game. I would be surprised if CAK has even crossed his mind.

I disagree with the statement that Alcoa was a 3 man team. Hicks is fast, strong, and hits like a train. Lanxter is a talented receiver and Sykes is very talented and athletic at defensive end. Brian Sommer is a good corner, and Shiverdecker is a very shifty runner. Even after losing several big names, Alcoa has a lot of potential, especially with a coaching upgrade. Yet in the minds of CAK players, there is one thing missing that was there last year-fear. I know last year alot of the players were overwhelmed by the way the media talked Alcoa up. Yes, they are a very good team, but they are human. I am excited and looking forward to this game.