Farragut?

TG24, Mairvul plays the Blount County teams so the Blount County teams can afford to play other sports. Mairvul always brings out the county folk and their money. Lucky for the Blount county teams that when we move to 5A, we will still play you and your teams.

That's so nice of you guys! Maybe in the future, you guys will learn to play other sports also.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so nice of you guys! Maybe in the future, you guys will learn to play other sports also.

Yeah W.B. has won so many state championships in those "other sports," I'll bet they'll have to build another trophy case soon. ;) We're only concerned with sports that 5 to 10 thousand show up for, not 50 or 100. All the other sports are used to keep everyone in shape during the off season.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Yeah W.B. has won so many state championships in those "other sports," I'll bet they'll have to build another trophy case soon. ;)

Why don't we get out of the past, and focus on this season? In those "other sports" against WB I believe Maryville is 1-8.

Why don't we get out of the past, and focus on this season? In those "other sports" against WB I believe Maryville is 1-8.

Congratulations, I'll bet W.B. can print up some t-shirts with that stat and sell a lot of them, I know they've done that before :lol: At Mairvul only STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS are worthy of t-shirts, not a win over a smaller county opponent.

I believe all sports are in the past now. So I'll guess we'll have to "focus" on September 2006........

Edited by STARSNBARS

We can't wait. I hope they find that "one" missing student and move up to play with the Big Boys soon. And as I said, they have had almost identical enrollment as OR every year for many years and have chosen to duck the move up. Just the facts. When OR was too small for 3A in the old days they still played 3A. Hopefully we will see soon how they stack up to 5A schools and won't have to have you guessing any longer. Ya think they play all those Blount schools to pad their schedule, cause they are all pretty weak besides Alcoa. You might also want to be careful about talking about Farragut cause they might put a whoopin on Maryville more times than not. They normally field a good team. And by the way, DB's band will always whoop you.

Ole Dad

That's hilarious Ole Dad....Virtually every time OR and Maryville line up the Red Rebels put a stomping on them. Oak Ridges's worst nightmare will be Maryville moving up to 5A. Then OR will be content with advancing to the 3rd round.... and thats about it.

Sheeesh...reading you posts are hilarious. I thought you were a smarter poster than the drivel you have laced this thread with.

Let me jump in here to point out that Oak Ridge and Maryville have not played a REAL game in over 30 years. I think 5A ball is tougher than 4A ball from top to bottom. Maryville will be a great addition to 5A ball but I don't think they will find the playoff road as easy as they have it now. You can say all you want about them stomping Oak Ridge but until they step and play with the big boys we shall never know.

c-town72. We can't wait to go play Clinton, it is the funnest game of the year for some of us. Isn't that right DCCATVOICE. Don't mean to open old wounds, but 74-0, please. I don't think we'll catch too much heck off Clinton. On the other hand, Farragut will be a good ball game. They play us tough at their place.

hate to tell ya the only thing funny about you (oak ridge) playing us will be the injure list lol hate to tell you oak ridge graduated what 28 starting seniors and what half of them repeats lol another thing else we had our top linemen out last season and yea maybe 3 or 4 guys aren't going to stop a beating like 74-0 and yes i know it was a beating but this year we have 5 of our top players coming back from when we quit in middle you know when we crushed ya'll in the finals 58-0 over robertsville and 61-0 over jefferson so prepare to look for my jersey in the back field putting ya'lls quaterbacks out and crushing ya'lls running game my offseason is over and i wasn't there the last couple years but now i'm coming back bigger and stronger than ever which by the way yes a lot stronger considering i out squat ya'll top squater by over 300 pounds peace

Let me jump in here to point out that Oak Ridge and Maryville have not played a REAL game in over 30 years. I think 5A ball is tougher than 4A ball from top to bottom. Maryville will be a great addition to 5A ball but I don't think they will find the playoff road as easy as they have it now. You can say all you want about them stomping Oak Ridge but until they step and play with the big boys we shall never know.

Jump in here all you want. Bottom line is Maryville and OR scrimmage every year. Virtually every year Maryville puts it on them. Yes....it is a scrimmage but in the world of comparisons that is all we have to go with.

Maryville first teamers beat the OR first teamers 28-0 last year and by the end of the season it would have been worse.

You are correct in your statement that 5A is deeper but let me assure you as long as Maryville has GQ and staff in tack they will do just fine in 5A. :lol:

They may need to give you a little leason about the rules of football before you post again. 28 starters? What sport is that? What a hoot. You think you guys may actually win a game this year? Nah...probably not.

If the ticket says weight lifting then you may have a point but last time I checked the game was called football and Clinton was still loosing.

Ole Dad

hate to tell ya the only thing funny about you (oak ridge) playing us will be the injure list lol hate to tell you oak ridge graduated what 28 starting seniors and what half of them repeats lol another thing else we had our top linemen out last season and yea maybe 3 or 4 guys aren't going to stop a beating like 74-0 and yes i know it was a beating but this year we have 5 of our top players coming back from when we quit in middle you know when we crushed ya'll in the finals 58-0 over robertsville and 61-0 over jefferson so prepare to look for my jersey in the back field putting ya'lls quaterbacks out and crushing ya'lls running game my offseason is over and i wasn't there the last couple years but now i'm coming back bigger and stronger than ever which by the way yes a lot stronger considering i out squat ya'll top squater by over 300 pounds peace

Well...what was the reason that Maryville lost the last student and played in 4A all these years? Must have been the band...Ha Ha...What a hoot. You guys are afraid to play with the big boys and that's the facts.

Ole Dad

That's hilarious Ole Dad....Virtually every time OR and Maryville line up the Red Rebels put a stomping on them. Oak Ridges's worst nightmare will be Maryville moving up to 5A. Then OR will be content with advancing to the 3rd round.... and thats about it.

Sheeesh...reading you posts are hilarious. I thought you were a smarter poster than the drivel you have laced this thread with.

Well...what was the reason that Maryville lost the last student and played in 4A all these years? Must have been the band...Ha Ha...What a hoot. You guys are afraid to play with the big boys and that's the facts.

Ole Dad

Big Boys...... You call Oak Ridge the big boys?...... :lol: If Oak Ridge is the big boys then Maryville needs to look for a bigger and better challenge. Bottom line is 5A in East Tennessee is horrible and Maryville will lay waste to the current players unless there is a significant upgrade. You better get busy ole dad because the clock is ticking....... 2009 will be here before you know it...