DB Indians (Spring)

bud

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Sir!! That is the most special game of the year, year in year out, on any level.

DB vs Oak Ridge... and it is time that the Indians settle a couple of scores... this year at the SHIP!

How is the OR hunt for QB going? That is key for my 2nd Favorite Team in the World...

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Yep.. that's right Skunk... last year was his first season at QB... it's the Tailback position that had the BIG LOSS. There's not any more Gulmire's coming up are they?

I can't remember when Oak Ridge didn't have a "killer" tailback. They probably got some freshman down there that will be unstopable. Their just keeping the lid on it.

I am sure you are correct WaCo, but I understand that as of right now they are basically going with a running back by committee...it will take quite a bit of doing to come up to their last two RBs...Corey Booker (set school rushing record against D-B @ J.Fred in the playoffs) and Spencer Gulmire who broke Bookers record and is the all-time leading rusher in Wildcat history and as Coach Clark said of Gulmire "he is tougher than a Waffle House steak"...I hope he does well at Austin Peay where he is now a teammmate of D-B's Dee Peeler...

Art,

Conner is the last Gulmire and he is a senior...the oldest Gulmire, Zach, plays point guard for Mike Poe at Tennessee Wesleyan...and just a bit of irony, two D-B athletes Coty Sensabaugh and Josef Throp are playing AAU basketball for the Tennessee Breakers coached by Mark Gulmire (the father of the Gulmire boys)...small world, huh?

Roll Tribe Roll

I am sure you are correct WaCo, but I understand that as of right now they are basically going with a running back by committee...it will take quite a bit of doing to come up to their last two RBs...Corey Booker (set school rushing record against D-B @ J.Fred in the playoffs) and Spencer Gulmire who broke Bookers record and is the all-time leading rusher in Wildcat history and as Coach Clark said of Gulmire "he is tougher than a Waffle House steak"...I hope he does well at Austin Peay where he is now a teammmate of D-B's Dee Peeler...

Art,

Conner is the last Gulmire and he is a senior...the oldest Gulmire, Zach, plays point guard for Mike Poe at Tennessee Wesleyan...and just a bit of irony, two D-B athletes Coty Sensabaugh and Josef Throp are playing AAU basketball for the Tennessee Breakers coached by Mark Gulmire (the father of the Gulmire boys)...small world, huh?

Roll Tribe Roll

You know after all the “smack talking” that you read on a lot of other threads, it is so nice to read about two teams (Oak Ridge and DB) that have a true respect for each other and really just like to play each other in football… Anyway, all of the Wildcats are looking forward to September when we will get that chance to lock up again. As for my second favorite team in the state (DB), good luck and I hope you guys have a great year. :huh:

Art,

I will work on that for you...I only came up with 21 off the top of my head and I don't want to leave anyone out...so, I'll be back with you.

rhayes,

You are so right and isn't it great to find two such storied programs who "get it"...I hope it is a great season for both schools...looking forward to the smoke, the whistle, and Big Ed's...and of course the game(s)...

Roll Tribe Roll

I came up with 12 or so rising Sr's... just from who made a huge impact last season and will be the driving force in '06. I know there are others that will play that I can't think of. I don't want to miss anybody either. The Indians do go into the '06 Season with great depth. Loaded at many positions:

QB spot is in great hands with Bo Burton and Ring

LB is so deep and talented that its not even funny. GMan is moving good LB's to other positions because of the numbers. Pappas, Thompson, Burnette,Marsh have to be the most dominant set of Line Backers in the State.. any level (on 1 team)

WR - with Throp and Sensabaugh

DB's - again with Throp, Sensabaugh, and Brandon Lawson

Looking quickly, the Indians Defense has potential to be very special. The Offense, if the Tailbacks come thru (Sylvester, Burnette, Barnes "DC") can equally be as lethal.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Art, Art, Art,

You have probably already hurt feelings...a few other will be seniors that made major contributions last year - Easton Ring, Ben Davis, Trevor Salyers, Justin Basham, Chris McGinn...patience, you must show patience...I know you are excited about the potential this year, that is well founded...I am looking for some other Jesse Alley, Daniel Bertuso types that step up their senior year and have a great season...patience...we'll get that list.

I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk