DB Indians (Spring)

bud

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biglon68,

Halls is a young team...D-B played pretty well...moved the ball up and down the field...Burnett looked good running the ball, Ring passed well, Throp had a good day receiving, line got better as play went on...defense totally controlled things...Halls only threw a few times and Sensabaugh and Throp both had interceptions, Thompson had the defensive stop of the day and a very solid scrimmage...defense looked real good...it was 4 TDs to zero; Burnett, Throp, Sylvester, and Williamson scored...it was a good spring showing.

D-B has an intersquad scrimmage tomorrow to end spring practice...gives them a chance to support the baseball team on Wednesday.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by Skunk@home

biglon68,

Halls is a young team...D-B played pretty well...moved the ball up and down the field...Burnett looked good running the ball, Ring passed well, Throp had a good day receiving, line got better as play went on...defense totally controlled things...Halls only threw a few times and Sensabaugh and Throp both had interceptions, Thompson had the defensive stop of the day and a very solid scrimmage...defense looked real good...it was 4 TDs to zero; Burnett, Throp, Sylvester, and Williamson scored...it was a good spring showing.

D-B has an intersquad scrimmage tomorrow to end spring practice...gives them a chance to support the baseball team on Wednesday.

Roll Tribe Roll

Thanks for the report!

Roll Tribe

Hey DB, finally some pads are popping. Good to see Bud and Skunk and Waco and all. Just to have some traffic on here about hs football. Is there a pill that would cause one to hibernate like a bear ( a big long nap) until August. I can't wait. If we're lucky we will get to play twice this year, once at the The Ship and once at The Fred. It's a beautiful thing. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

ORidgeKat wrote" If we're lucky we will get to play twice this year, once at the The Ship and once at The Fred. It's a beautiful thing."

Actually, if DB and Oak Ridge play twice, wouldn't both games be at The Ship? That is what I thought. Maybe the playoff rotation changes. Anyone?

ORidgeKat wrote" If we're lucky we will get to play twice this year, once at the The Ship and once at The Fred. It's a beautiful thing."

Actually, if DB and Oak Ridge play twice, wouldn't both games be at The Ship? That is what I thought. Maybe the playoff rotation changes. Anyone?

They were both @ Oak Ridge in '04

#2 = Sr. Tailback Marchez Barnes, who the students and players @ DB call "DC". I have heard that he will play some and be able to help out. One thing the Coaches like is that Marchez is a good blocker. I heard that Sylvester is a little bigger than he was and he is cat quick. It will be good to have break away speed in the Backfield and the ability to beat someone to the corner. That has been lacking in the last few seasons. Coty Burnette is a good Back as well and Pappas at FB should make for a strong running game for the Indians in '06.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

DB's '06 schedule is the same as '05, flip flop the home and away.

Indians open up @ Home against Elizabethton (#3 all-time Rival), then Sullivan South.

Game 3 & 4 are on the Road at Bearden and Oak Ridge

Game 5 @ Home against Jeff Co.

Game 6 on the Road at Tennessee High (#2 all-time Rival)

Game 7 & 8 @ Home against Sevier Co and Karns

Game 9 & 10 on the Road @ Campbell Co and finish up with the Science Hill Hilltoppers

Rate the tough games as for sure Oak Ridge, Sevier Co and Sullivan South. I expect that Betsy will be a better team in '06. Not much info on anybody else for '06, yet.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

"Who are we playing out of conference this year?"

Elizabethton

South

Oak Ridge

Tennessee High

Art gave us a rundown already, but this one is a little easier on the brain

August 18th Elizabethton Home

August 24th Sullivan South Home

September 1st Bearden Away

September 8th Oak Ridge Away