Hillwood Interviews

shadow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is such a bad situation...why was there 18 applicants? Sounds like there are a bunch of coaches out there that want to be a head coach.

Is any of the current assistants from last year going to be there next year?

I saw them play last year against Independence High School.

18 applicants- wrong answer, no way. Maybe Hillsboro and Hillwood combined. Old metro trick on numbers to impress.

But as RASHEED says, Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler.

I like Bobby and that is why I feel VERY sorry for him. I understand his thought process because I went through the same thing. I wanted to be a head coach so bad that I took a job in a no-win situation. I have regretted it for the last four years. Not everything is what you think it will be or should be. He needs to get over there and get all those ineligible guys in summer school NOW.

The bigger concern is who he will be able to get for assistants. Yes, there a vast number of teaching openings there. They still have Keeton, Komissar and Darnell, but you need 5 and also 2 freshmen coaches.

I say good luck Bobby with all sincerity. :D

People always fail to mention the freshman asst. Coach Bailey. Not many know of him, but he was a player at the Univ. of Memphis, and has coached at the college level in Wyoming. If there is anyone qualified to help at the varsity level, it is him

I like Bobby and that is why I feel VERY sorry for him. I understand his thought process because I went through the same thing. I wanted to be a head coach so bad that I took a job in a no-win situation. I have regretted it for the last four years. Not everything is what you think it will be or should be. He needs to get over there and get all those ineligible guys in summer school NOW.

The bigger concern is who he will be able to get for assistants. Yes, there a vast number of teaching openings there. They still have Keeton, Komissar and Darnell, but you need 5 and also 2 freshmen coaches.

I say good luck Bobby with all sincerity. :D

I agree when you say it's a pretty hopeless situation. And most players from last year that are returning arn't making passing grades. So I definatley think he's got some work to do in order to get them eligible.

Don't be surprised if Komissar sticks only to his Wrestling program (the only program that has a bright future in the next few seasons)

Lastly I wanted to say it was good seeing you on sat. bigchief, I had better see you at graduation.

I agree when you say it's a pretty hopeless situation. And most players from last year that are returning arn't making passing grades. So I definatley think he's got some work to do in order to get them eligible.

Don't be surprised if Komissar sticks only to his Wrestling program (the only program that has a bright future in the next few seasons)

Lastly I wanted to say it was good seeing you on sat. bigchief, I had better see you at graduation.

Hilltopper, I hope Komisar will stick it out, but I just don't know. Tell him to call me. Good luck, brother and tell everyone hey for me. Make sure Kresse makes it to graduation on time. :D

If it is such a bad situation...why was there 18 applicants?

I saw them play last year against Independence High School.

SACDAWGS, there weren't 18 applicants for Hillsboro and they have been to multiple clinic bowls. Spin Art. Also, the Independence game is the only one that Hillwood won. Wasn't that like 21-20 or something?

The fact is the Hilltoppers had three straight winning seasons in 02,03 and 04. Before that I believe it was 1996 when they had a winning season. Before that it was 1990. There is an absolutely brutal problem with eligibility over there. Apathy runs rampant. Bobby has his work cut out for him. No amount of "heel clicking" is going to change that. Unfortunately, there is nothing else being done over there.

No one answered my earlier question. If Hillwood has an assistant principal that played 10 years in the NFL, why would you not allow that man to hire your football coach?

Why will someone not try to answer this question? Some of you gentlemen are former metro teachers so you should have some type of opinion. Is this a case of metro closing ranks to protect people in the head office down on Bransford?

The man you are referring to Paul Guidry. He played with the Buffalo Bills back when O.J. Simpson was on the team. He is a super nice guy and was part of the big shake up when they brought in a new principal (Mr. Lang). He was moved from Overton to Hillwood basically to make a space for the outgoing Hillwood principal (Mr. Johnson).

I am sure that Mr. Guidry was involved in the process, but he isn't the kind of guy to take charge of that type situation. He is new to adminstration (3-4 years) and is this is probably his first interview process he has gone through.

Why will someone not try to answer this question? Some of you gentlemen are former metro teachers so you should have some type of opinion. Is this a case of metro closing ranks to protect people in the head office down on Bransford?

Where is it written that a former very good player at any level (pro, college,) has any more insight into coaching or picking coaches. About the only advantage they might have is some insight into the particular position they played.

Best Coaches have these assets: my opinion only!!

1.) Players want to "break their ######" for the guy! Why? It is just something they possess.

2.) Will study the game............the real coaches never stop trying to improve what they do; thus if you take breaks............you may not do as well! (*note there are some idiots that have such good material; they cannot figure out a way to screw it up).

3.) It is a time in grade profession; you will get better as you age IF you work at it.

Some very good players end up making very fine coaches, but some did not pay much attention while they were playing and thus are ill-prepared to coach at any level. You have to have to put in some intensive learning at some level as an actual coach.............probably best training today is serving a year or two as a GA on some college staff. You get pure wall to wall football and you learn how to do some the unattractive aspects of coaching.

And since someone mentioned his name Paul Guidry (former Bills LBer), I was not going to!

2 things:

1.) There is not a finer person in the Metro system than Paul Guidry and he was a heck of a player in the NFL

2.) He will quickly tell you that coaching was not in his future and as result (did not pay much attention). He can give you some very good tips about LBing. When he did start coaching, he would tell you quickly how much he needed to learn and did so with a zealous attitude. Paul was an excellent coach to have on any staff!

Edited by coach763

Will do i'll give him a ride over to lipscomb.

Edited by hilltopper

Although my son is graduating from Hillwood next week, I'd like to wish the new coach all the luck in the world. There is talent there if he can figure out a way to tap into it. As far as all the conversation about how "bad" Hillwood is, my son is graduating with honors after taking many courses of AP classes and some IB courses...and Hillwood is one of a handful of schools in the state to offer IB program. My son will be attending college on a full ACADEMIC scholarship and also will be playing football at a DI AA school in the fall. Also as editor of his school newspaper, he won numerous awards from Vanderbilt for the quality of the paper and it's writing. So, I feel safe in saying he got a pretty fair education from Hillwood. Also as far as the diversity, he has said many many times he would not trade that "education" for any education in a Williamson county school where every student looks and dresses like he does.

Edited by hillwoodfan