Hillwood Interviews

shadow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You better believe Ruby Payne battled her way out of poverty. She grabbed a big chunk of cheese from metro schools on that wasted inservice. There's six hours of my life gone forever. Here's a tip for you metro guys. If you haven't used the book for a doorstop, put it on ebay. There are lots of dreamers in the world. Mine brought $17.

I have to disagree with the latter portion of your first sentence. While Hillwood, (and most every other school in Metro have gang problems, whther you want to believe it or not), you can not blame it on bussing in "people". I attended Hillwood from the fall of 1986 to the spring of 1990 and I was bussed in. During my time at Hillwood there were never problems like this. So for you to blame it on bussing in people is totally unfounded and borderline racist. (I'll pray for you). If anything, it is the mindset of today's youth. Most of them don't have someone at home to put them in their place and be firm about it. The next time you choose to spout-off on a topic, do your research and keep your personal ignorances out of it.

hold up, it was not intended of being racist at all. yes, i know most other school in metro have gang problems, but the reason i can blame their problems for about the last 2-3 years primarily on bussing is because before they bussed in people, hillwood was a decent school and was about the same as 'boro, the reason the bussin is a problem is because of the tensions bewteen primarily mexicans and blacks, im not being racist but last year's biggest gang fight was bewteen those two groups, so instead of sending those people to schools where they dont have "enemies", you send them to a school where they would, it doesnt make much sense...

GREAT POST!!! Good job metroman!!

Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - something all of us could do better at - me included along with millions of others.

Maybe all of us should light a candle for the guy that gets the Hillwood job. :D

You better believe Ruby Payne battled her way out of poverty. She grabbed a big chunk of cheese from metro schools on that wasted inservice. There's six hours of my life gone forever. Here's a tip for you metro guys. If you haven't used the book for a doorstop, put it on ebay. There are lots of dreamers in the world. Mine brought $17.

I think a lot of people went into the inservice looking for something to complain about and were bound and determined to call it a waste. I have found it very useful in both my classroom and when I coach.

I like Bobby and that is why I feel VERY sorry for him. I understand his thought process because I went through the same thing. I wanted to be a head coach so bad that I took a job in a no-win situation. I have regretted it for the last four years. Not everything is what you think it will be or should be. He needs to get over there and get all those ineligible guys in summer school NOW.

The bigger concern is who he will be able to get for assistants. Yes, there a vast number of teaching openings there. They still have Keeton, Komissar and Darnell, but you need 5 and also 2 freshmen coaches.

I say good luck Bobby with all sincerity. :thumb:

What does everyone associated with the program feel about the hiring of the assistant coach from McGavock as the new leader for Hillwood?

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...=12407&game_id=

quote from the article:

“What stood out immediately was his passion for game of football,” Hillwood Principal Karl Lang said. “I love his energy level. I got excited just listening to him. He’s not an in-the-box thinker. I think he’ll utilize the talents here once he recognizes what we have.”

He's probably a good guy for the job. (it sounds like)

People will find something to b*tch about regarding the hire.

(on the other hand, when was the last time you heard "we probably hired the wrong guy, he's totally boring and apathetic, the kids and parents should be very discouraged about the hire" - all you can do is buy into the spin and hope it's right}

If they get 3 wins, that's better than last year. They just need something to build/rebuild on.

What does everyone associated with the program feel about the hiring of the assistant coach from McGavock as the new leader for Hillwood?

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...=12407&game_id=

If it is such a bad situation...why was there 18 applicants? Sounds like there are a bunch of coaches out there that want to be a head coach.

Is any of the current assistants from last year going to be there next year?

I saw them play last year against Independence High School.