Region 6a

Greenman --no surprise in your predictions this year. Unfortunately you are never right anyway. You would pick Collinwood over the tennessee Vols.

I think the region will be very competitive this year and Collinwood will definately be a playoff team but a region champ...come on

Waynesboro's Cale Butler has a great arm and If they get a pass and run mix, everyone knows Region6-1A can't defend the passing game. If they can mix there offense up like that and have the defense guessing,they could be a possible 1 or 2 seed in th region

Mount Pleasant will be tough but somethng tells me they will have a weakness somewhere.Maybe stopping the pass?

Collinwood is always fast,strong,and are good in the clutch. They are a possible 3 or 4 seed in my eyes

I llok for Moore County and Columbia Academy to lock up a playoff spot also.

Huntland has lost a lot and I do not think they will be very competitive. Maybe better that Pc,Zion,and Cornersville.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenman --no surprise in your predictions this year. Unfortunately you are never right anyway. You would pick Collinwood over the tennessee Vols.

I think the region will be very competitive this year and Collinwood will definately be a playoff team but a region champ...come on

Waynesboro's Cale Butler has a great arm and If they get a pass and run mix, everyone knows Region6-1A can't defend the passing game. If they can mix there offense up like that and have the defense guessing,they could be a possible 1 or 2 seed in th region

Mount Pleasant will be tough but somethng tells me they will have a weakness somewhere.Maybe stopping the pass?

Collinwood is always fast,strong,and are good in the clutch. They are a possible 3 or 4 seed in my eyes

I llok for Moore County and Columbia Academy to lock up a playoff spot also.

Huntland has lost a lot and I do not think they will be very competitive. Maybe better that Pc,Zion,and Cornersville.

I wouldn't be surprised if Waynesboro doesn't give everyone a run for their money with Coach Rice in charge. I also know that a lot of the Waynesboro line is coming back, which always helps. But they're not the only ones with players coming back. If Borden gets to play, that will put Dixon, Daniel, Risner, and Borden in the Collinwood backfield, with over half the line coming back as Seniors as well. Any of those Seniors in the backfield can run the ball and be effective. Daniel is probably the same size as Cale, only in a more suitable position to run the ball. I feel like it's a shame Cale can't play running back, as I think he would be most effective there. But without a quarterback to manage things, the offense can't function. I feel like the offense Coach Statom plans on running will open up options for every back Collinwood has, not to mention make the job easy for an already experienced line. We can't really say anything with any authority until we see some scrimmages, but looking at the personnel, I don't think Collinwood will be struggling to hold their own on the field.

I've been wrong before, though.

Well, I am not sure. I wish them all the luck in the world. Norman the QB/RB is back for his final season. He is proabably one of the more talented players to ever come through Lynchburg. He needs the ball in his hands more often. Some key players are gone from the team. I think depending on what Huntland and Waynesboro have will impact the baby blue. My guess 5-5 or possibly 7-3.

7-3 would be great and probably gets them back in the playoffs. Norman is a good athlete. Hopes he stays healthy.

WC HAS AN INCOMING CLASS THAT IS UNREAL. I SEEN THEM PLAY LAST YEAR AS 8TH GRADERS, AND WOW. BIG, FAST AND STRONG. SOME MAY CAN CONTRIBUTE THIS YEAR. ESPECIALLY AT THE QB,RB POSITION. MP WILL DOMINATE THIS YEAR BUT 2ND IS WIDE OPEN. SHOULD BE A GREAT SEASON FOR REGION 6 FOOTBALL.

The QB for the middle school was a 7th grader last year.

this coming year's eigth grade class will bring wayne co their first state championship bid before their 4 years in highschool is over. they are the best middle school players i have ever watched. as long as they stay together, they are unstoppable.

as seventh graders, they were undefeated in football, won the state championship is basketball and won the dixie youth state champoinship in baseball. there are some incrediable athletes in that group.

I wouldn't be surprised if Waynesboro doesn't give everyone a run for their money with Coach Rice in charge. I also know that a lot of the Waynesboro line is coming back, which always helps. But they're not the only ones with players coming back. If Borden gets to play, that will put Dixon, Daniel, Risner, and Borden in the Collinwood backfield, with over half the line coming back as Seniors as well. Any of those Seniors in the backfield can run the ball and be effective. Daniel is probably the same size as Cale, only in a more suitable position to run the ball. I feel like it's a shame Cale can't play running back, as I think he would be most effective there. But without a quarterback to manage things, the offense can't function. I feel like the offense Coach Statom plans on running will open up options for every back Collinwood has, not to mention make the job easy for an already experienced line. We can't really say anything with any authority until we see some scrimmages, but looking at the personnel, I don't think Collinwood will be struggling to hold their own on the field.

I've been wrong before, though.

"If borden gets to play???" Why would he not get to play? If he dosent thats a shame cause hes probably one of the best three or four players overall defense and offense in the region.....If for some reason he dosent play, i dont see collinwood being a contender for the championship....hes a great player.

"If borden gets to play???" Why would he not get to play? If he dosent thats a shame cause hes probably one of the best three or four players overall defense and offense in the region.....If for some reason he dosent play, i dont see collinwood being a contender for the championship....hes a great player.

At the time, I wasn't sure if he was, but I do know now he is. As far as I know Jessup's still gonna be at the QB position and Borden will be playing the running back. 7 on 7 starts next week for the Trojans, so we'll see what kind of passing game we got. I was personally impressed to see Jessup throwing 40+ yard passes on the money yesterday at practice, I didn't know he had that kind of an arm. Of course, he didn't have any shoulder pads to hinder him, but they shouldn't hinder him much if Coach Statom has any idea what kind of shoulder pads to give a quarterback. I'm anxious to see how it goes, and I'll definitely be keeping any eye on how Waynesboro and Mt. Pleasant in their scrimmages. Coach Rice scares me at Waynesboro, and we all know who scares us at Mt. Pleasant. :o

I would rather play against a team coached by rice any day of the week as opposed to one coached by crews. Crews was a GREAT coach. If borden is gonna be toting it for collinwood everybody in 6a should be terrified. That guy is a classic tailback and potentially better than Jacob Dixon was. He is almost as fast, he knows how to run, and hes much bigger and stronger than jacob was. Matt borden and Andrew DAniel are a pretty awesome combination in the backfield and at linebacker , big and TOUGH!!!!!!! Its gonna be good to see a collinwood team with some size for a change and an experienced line coming back. PS, thanks for the info and keep us posted, as for Jessup, remember his dad is an excellent qb coach.

Edited by ssssssss

here is my opinion on several of the last posts that were made.

#1: ssssss doesn't have the best argument for jessup. saying he quit cause he wasn't gonna play isn't a good reason. seems he might be a little soft.

Jessup didnt play because he wanted to get a job and get himself a car. He also wanted to spend more time working on baseball. He knows not playing last season was a mistake, so lets drop it, and move on.

SOFT... thats rediculous. Anyone who has ever seen him play knows that he's not soft. He'll knock your block off. I guarantee. :thumb: