Morgan County

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wartburg returns Nelson, Rogers, Winstead, Brown quite a few Juniors... Wartburg will probley more than likely struggle again. Oakdale returns Melton, Ruppe, Mitchell. They are more than likely still not a threat. Not that the don't have talent, But a lil birdie told me that There is no intensity, or real desire to win. I don't know if this is true, but I belived the lil bird.

Wartburg returns Nelson, Rogers, Winstead, Brown quite a few Juniors... Wartburg will probley more than likely struggle again. Oakdale returns Melton, Ruppe, Mitchell. They are more than likely still not a threat. Not that the don't have talent, But a lil birdie told me that There is no intensity, or real desire to win. I don't know if this is true, but I belived the lil bird.

Oakdale also has Kasey Perkins and Cody Powers at RB. The running game has potential except there is no threat of a passing attack. Melton had better have had a great summer because his long ball lacked accuracy and strength, as a matter of fact most of his throws were quite inaccurate. Also they had trey taliferro and the coffman boys at WR, height is an issue here. The desire from the boys would be there but they need leadership from a good coach. The defense will be decent led by TJ Ruppe and Dax Mitchell at LB and Cody Powers and Kasey Perkins in the secondary. The offensive and defensive lines could be the smallest line Oakdale has had in recent memory. Just a small overview and this is just what they have coming back and from spring practice. This team has potential but as was stated previously lacks leadership and fundamental knowledge from coaches. The coaches have desire but lack the knowledge.

Fall practice will tell a lot about this team, as new additions arrive and players decide to move on. Also it will be a time to see if all those new coach rumors are true or just Oakdale fans being hopeful.

Edited by GoVols21

CMS if this is just HEAR SAY..... why would you call out a kids name on here!! :P You also stated that you have'nt talked to the coaches yet? Should you be talking to the coaches about kids grades?? Just stick to talking about FOOTBALL !! Leave grades & personal matters to the kids & their parents. That was way out of line!!

In CMS' defense, it's not exactly a HUGE secret about the grade issues with said player. I've heard this from quite a few sources myself. It's a shame, but it happens. Coalfield is gonna be solid again this year no matter who the QB is. It could be the new kid from, I think, Bledsoe Co. (CMS or CYJacket would probably know where he's from exactly) or it could be Jesse Keith. Whoever the QB winds up being is going to have plenty of weapons at his disposal so I think the Jacket faithful are in for another solid year. My only slight question with them is how will they rebound from losing a good portion of last year's line?

sweetroll,

Well sorry if I made u cry ... I deleted my post maybe that will make u feel better so wipe them tears away & cont.. reading .... Ok seriously now I did realize I made a mistake using the players name cant go back & change it now but I did delete it ... as far as talking to the coaches I would never ask what a kids grades r but as Brodogg66 stated it is not a secret everyone in Morgan County knows it ...

BrODoGG66,

Sorry I know nothing about this new kid ... CyJacket should tho he has all the new scoop I saw him sneaking around the coaches today to hear all the goods ... :D

I'm privy to a lot of things and don't tell it all. :D Things are on track at Coalfield. They got a little sidelined yesterday from an event off the field, not involving the team completely, and could not be controlled by anyone. They simply became closer. I have not seen the closeness in a Coalfield team like that which was displayed yesterday. My hat is off to that bunch. They are upset but taking care of one of their own. Class is what I saw yesterday from a bunch of young men.

Get 'em Jackets.

As for grades, all kids in school have that problem from time to time. Taking care of the problem is the sign of maturity. Grades are emphasized on this team. Just ask BD what his grades are, he will gladly tell you. The others understand. They realize the importance of academics. That is why they are able to play football, basketball, or baseball they attend a school.

Mistakes are made by all young men growing to adulthood. If corrected they will always be better for it. Problems are being corrected. As I said, I know some stuff and don't tell all.

Yesterday a team mom was lost. Her husband is an integral part of the Coalfield Sports Program and both are leaders in the community and County. She will be missed. The team rallied around her son showing compassion, keeping him busy, and above all letting him know they cared. He is richer for it despite his overwhelming loss.

These kids are showing much class!

Cyber,

Hope you are feeling much better and are able to attend to your very important duties now without any inconviences getting in the way, he's at the football field now. :D

Edited by CYJacket