High School Drug Screen

eaglesin08

As to the 'pop ups' yes I would if I didn't have a pop up blocker, but it does slow the site WAY down when trying to access it. I thought it was just me because I am still on dial up. I timed it Monday and it took me 10 minutes just to sign on here. Did give me time to make a sandwich though. :blink:

mikey65, about the bet to having taken more drug test. I will take it! Took more than 100 personally and had to administer more than 1000. You have to take LOTS of tests when you have a 'crypto' clearance. <_<

The same is true with a top secret clearance also, but I bet you are a few decades older than me. I can't believe it took you 10 minutes to get on here. This site probably loses more guests by having pop-ups than what it is worth to have them. Who actually reads pop-ups anyway?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same is true with a top secret clearance also, but I bet you are a few decades older than me. I can't believe it took you 10 minutes to get on here. This site probably loses more guests by having pop-ups than what it is worth to have them. Who actually reads pop-ups anyway?

LOD has to spend so much money on food for the Clone, he can't afford DSL or cable modem. That's why he is still using dial up and praying the Clone gets a scholarship! :D

LOD has to spend so much money on food for the Clone, he can't afford DSL or cable modem. That's why he is still using dial up and praying the Clone gets a scholarship! :lol:

Amen! Unfortunately Bell South don't have DSL out where I am at and the cable goes out so much it wouldn't be worth it either. :lol:

'Clone' did get a job to help with college, of course he is working at a GROCERY store. :lol:

Moving large heavy pallets is keeping him in shape though. There is another ex R'dale lineman working there who couldn't move a LARGE pallet with a pallet jack. Clone moved him aside and moved it. Manager asked 'how' clone could move it when the other lineman couldn't. Ross told him that was the difference between 6th string and a STARTER! ;)

I have to say that you are correct- the issues do begin at home and t he way kids are raised. However, for the team to have to drug test and the coaches NOT be tested is wrong. These coaches are supposed to be leading the kids by example. As a mom, I do the same.

I am for random drug testing, one reason being that it gives a young person a perfect "out" to avoid the peer pressure. If, as a coach, I was the one who pushed to get drug-testing implemented then I would be the first in line. However, if the board or administration pushed this idea then I would expect them to be in line with me. And, if a player tests positive, should mom and dad be next in line?

I like the thought process. I haven't thought about it that way but it makes sense. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Ole Dad

I am for random drug testing, one reason being that it gives a young person a perfect "out" to avoid the peer pressure. If, as a coach, I was the one who pushed to get drug-testing implemented then I would be the first in line. However, if the board or administration pushed this idea then I would expect them to be in line with me.

When I was playing college ball, I got a phone call every monday at 6am to come random drug test. For some reason I was randomly selected every week for about 3 years. I was one of about 20 players that they tested the most -randomly. I must have been one they knew would pass it.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

You have to start with the end in mind. If you have 6 players out of a 45 man roster who test positive for... lets say marijuana.

If the school didn't pay for the tests (The Booster Club did) who has rights to the results. If the Coach asks that the results be withheld from the administration is he within his rights to ask? Do the parents have the rights to the results if the 18 yr old doesn't want them to? What about HIPPA?

More importantly what does the coach do about the 6 kids? Kick them off the team? Suspend them from the team and send them to rehab? Turn them over to administration? Can the results of the test be made public information? Can the coach tell the press we had six kids fail a drug screen but not give names?