Blackman vs. Ooltewah How will this turn out?

bhsblaze09

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman lost once again to Riverdale and will travel to Ooltewah on Friday. I imagine that Davenport will pitch for the Blaze but don't know anything about Ooltewah? How will this game turn out? :)

obviously ooltewah is pretty tough...............blackman can pull off the upset though if they play good defense and pitch.............pretty decent place to play.....the hamburgers were hand pattied when we were there in the Trojan Classic!! :thumb:

obviously ooltewah is pretty tough...............blackman can pull off the upset though if they play good defense and pitch.............pretty decent place to play.....the hamburgers were hand pattied when we were there in the Trojan Classic!! :)

Ooltewah is mighty strong offensively. They aren't too bad pitching either. Their ace is fire-balling Kyler Burke (Vandy signee). He is 8-2 and throws smoke. A little wild sometimes so don't dig in.

He also hit .526 during the regular season and 20 home runs, 6 triples with 56 rbi's.

John Howard led the area in pitching with 83 strikeouts (he shutout Walker Valley tonight on 1 hit). He's their number 3 pitcher. Zach Woods is #2 behind #1 Burke.

Speaking of hitting, Zach Woods also hit .526 during the regular season with 60 rbi's, 9 home runs and 18 doubles.

Catcher Tim Markum hit .450, Ryan Williams hit .388 and Hunter Hydas hit .355. All of these are averages over the full season.

Markum also slugged 9 home runs.

That's about all you need to know about the high flying Owls. They swept the District 5-AAA champs (Bradley Central) and 2nd place Walker Valley in the Region 3-AAA playoffs, allowing 0 runs, 5 totals hits and striking out 19 hitters over two games, winning 5-0 and 4-0.

Kyler Burke will be starting Friday night!

7 Ooltewah seniors have signed college scholarships to play baseball.

Ooltewah is mighty strong offensively. They aren't too bad pitching either. Their ace is fire-balling Kyler Burke (Vandy signee). He is 8-2 and throws smoke. A little wild sometimes so don't dig in.

He also hit .526 during the regular season and 20 home runs, 6 triples with 56 rbi's.

John Howard led the area in pitching with 83 strikeouts (he shutout Walker Valley tonight on 1 hit). He's their number 3 pitcher. Zach Woods is #2 behind #1 Burke.

Speaking of hitting, Zach Woods also hit .526 during the regular season with 60 rbi's, 9 home runs and 18 doubles.

Catcher Tim Markum hit .450, Ryan Williams hit .388 and Hunter Hydas hit .355. All of these are averages over the full season.

Markum also slugged 9 home runs.

That's about all you need to know about the high flying Owls. They swept the District 5-AAA champs (Bradley Central) and 2nd place Walker Valley in the Region 3-AAA playoffs, allowing 0 runs, 5 totals hits and striking out 19 hitters over two games, winning 5-0 and 4-0.

Kyler Burke will be starting Friday night!

7 Ooltewah seniors have signed college scholarships to play baseball.

Did they even win their district?

And how big is their field? I heard it's small.

Ooltewah does not play on a small field..I'd say it's slightly above average for size. 368 to dead center.

Zack Woods is not their number 2...he rarely even pitches. John Howard and Burke on any given day are number 1/2....Jeremy Woods is 3.

Did they even win their district?

And how big is their field? I heard it's small.

They won the regular season district...lost in District Tourney championship.

I'd say this will be very evenly matched. Look for a great TN AAA baseball game Friday night!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Guest dare_2_dream

Ooltewah does not play on a small field..I'd say it's slightly above average for size. 368 to dead center.

Zack Woods is not their number 2...he rarely even pitches. John Howard and Burke on any given day are number 1/2....Jeremy Woods is 3.

I'd say this will be very evenly matched. Look for a great TN AAA baseball game Friday night!

what is it on the lines?

You Grad what's going on. I'm looking forward to Friday should be exciting. I'm slow Dragoo just told me last night that Kyler Burke went to CSAS, I didnt make the connection until looking in the yearbook from my senior year. You know CSAS plays at 3 Friday. We should touch down in CHATT about 3 so I'm going to try to check that out then I'm going to talk junk to you all the way up until gametime.

GO PATRIOTS! GO BLAZE!

Edited by icecold06