Bledsoe Warriors

volhead

I hear basketball and baseball players are hitting the conditioning time & camps as well during this off season.

With all three sports working hard and several of the above mentioned men play all sports, the overall readiness may improve.

I do not recall seeing or hearing anything in the local paper from the coaching staff on how Spring football performance was........or the local Q'Back club........

Start spotlighting the team in July, spark the community interest, maybe have a pre-season "kickoff" to introduce the team with food & entertainment.....

You know the "Jamboree" is coming to BCHS.....be nice to have lots of community interest........

"Like a wheelbarrow, it won't move until some one pushes it !"

In my humble opinion....

Polecat

TRUE''''''' I think the coaching staff,school staff QB club,Parents,Sponsers SOMEBODY needs to promote bledsoe county football a little more than in provious years!

A meet the warriors night would be a great idea! maybe have little league teams and the middle school team also involved that would be a great way to get folks fired up about warrior football add FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT as you mentioned that should bring out a crowd!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRUE''''''' I think the SOMEBODY needs to promote bledsoe county football a little more than in provious years!

A meet the warriors night would be a great idea! maybe have little league teams and the middle school team also involved that would be a great way to get folks fired up about warrior football add FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT as you mentioned that should bring out a crowd!

So how to get this started? School Board?

Which groups (coaching staff,school staff QB club,Parents,Sponsers) need to drive it?

Raise some money....Promote some interest....Have some fun....EAT....

And especially, for all the millions and millions of the Little Blue faithful,

provide the youngest upcoming warriors a desire to step on that field,

in the fall, and feel the energy, and excitement of the crowd.

Man, what a RUSH !!!

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Polecat

So how to get this started? School Board?

Which groups (coaching staff,school staff QB club,Parents,Sponsers) need to drive it?

Raise some money....Promote some interest....Have some fun....EAT....

And especially, for all the millions and millions of the Little Blue faithful,

provide the youngest upcoming warriors a desire to step on that field,

in the fall, and feel the energy, and excitement of the crowd.

Man, what a RUSH !!!

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Polecat

POLECAT YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to some folks about this and lets see if we spark anymore interest!

"the wheelbarrow thing"

polecat :lol::lol:;):lol::lol:

POLECAT YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to some folks about this and lets see if we spark anymore interest!

"the wheelbarrow thing"

polecat :ph34r::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey Volhead:

You seen the work they are doing to the Football field?

Looking good so far. Lots of blocks and big addition for the fans.

That would be something to show off.....before the Jamboree.....

Hope the team can see the investment.

Checked it out last night during baseball

Polecat

• 4 weeks later...

TRUE''''''' I think the coaching staff,school staff QB club,Parents,Sponsers SOMEBODY needs to promote bledsoe county football a little more than in provious years!

HEY VOLHEAD,

Well it is now July 6th, and the Jamboree will be in about 5 weeks or so.

What are you hearing about the team and the facility being ready for action?

Polecat

from over the hill i have been hearing about this team quite a bit...looks like somebody from this area may be making the long trip to pikeville for a play-off game...seems like old times when you guys were in our region or at least when we were meeting up with the warriors in the first round of the play-offs...is this team going to have depth and what does the schedule and rest of the region look like...as for the promotion of players leave that up to the coach

The dead period is over and i was wondering if the gate was unlocked today for the hungry players who needed that football fix to get in and do some work?

Also i have seen some of the boys from the team lately they look to be working out and in decent shape. I think there are some kids on that team that are tired of losing and are really wanting it this year! we will see!

Also i will say the community seems to be behind the team pretty good there are alot of parents and boosters that are working hard for the kids they are trying to make the proper moves for the next step, and that step should be a foward one!

Go warriors and a big thank you to coach t for a great site i was just introduced to this great webpage! :thumb:

IT'S ME IT'S ME THAT D.O. DOUBLE G WWhhoooooooooooo!

The dead period is over and i was wondering if the gate was unlocked today for the hungry players who needed that football fix to get in and do some work?

Also i have seen some of the boys from the team lately they look to be working out and in decent shape. I think there are some kids on that team that are tired of losing and are really wanting it this year! we will see!

Also i will say the community seems to be behind the team pretty good there are alot of parents and boosters that are working hard for the kids they are trying to make the proper moves for the next step, and that step should be a foward one!

Go warriors and a big thank you to coach t for a great site i was just introduced to this great webpage! :thumb:

IT'S ME IT'S ME THAT D.O. DOUBLE G WWhhoooooooooooo!

Have the players been down there this summer working out? I know a couple of them have that I've talked too.....

Have the players been down there this summer working out? I know a couple of them have that I've talked too.....

I think a few have but as for the entire team no. It is not mandatory so i they are not pushed they will not move (like a wheelbarrow)

I do know some are and i hope that more will now that the time is drawing near but they should have all been down there all summer if you ask me!

hopefully the warriors will have a better season this year they most certainally have the tallent to do so! If we have no big ego's on the team as they did last year and the coaching staff pushes them harder, they shold be better than last year! Let's just hope that they have a J.V. team this year because last year we didnt and that is gonna hurt the future of this program! We did have enough kids for a J.V. team but didnt have one whats up with that?

Maybe some eyes got opened up during the off season and more effort will be put into the kids this year!

As i said before the tallent is there,just hope something is done with it!

Also i think that the team is going to be doing some 7 on 7 work this week anyone got any info on that?

I think a few have but as for the entire team no. It is not mandatory so i they are not pushed they will not move (like a wheelbarrow)

I do know some are and i hope that more will now that the time is drawing near but they should have all been down there all summer if you ask me!

hopefully the warriors will have a better season this year they most certainally have the tallent to do so! If we have no big ego's on the team as they did last year and the coaching staff pushes them harder, they shold be better than last year! Let's just hope that they have a J.V. team this year because last year we didnt and that is gonna hurt the future of this program! We did have enough kids for a J.V. team but didnt have one whats up with that?

Maybe some eyes got opened up during the off season and more effort will be put into the kids this year!

As i said before the tallent is there,just hope something is done with it!

Also i think that the team is going to be doing some 7 on 7 work this week anyone got any info on that?

I was really hoping that most if not all of the team would be down there and hit the weights this summer.....I do expect a better season this year and hope I am not disappointed...I will not be able to be at all games because I'll be helping elsewhere....But will be at most of them...I don't think they had somebody that would coach the J.V. last year or at least thats what I was told...

I was really hoping that most if not all of the team would be down there and hit the weights this summer.....I do expect a better season this year and hope I am not disappointed...I will not be able to be at all games because I'll be helping elsewhere....But will be at most of them...I don't think they had somebody that would coach the J.V. last year or at least thats what I was told...

As far as them not having a coach for a J.V. team that was BULL! There are asstistants that could have done that or they could have asked someone to volenteer for the job someone would have stepped up!

No the reason is it takes time and energy to make things happen. Things like a J.V. team and a freshman team! look at all the top programs in the state they have both!

Are you helping another football team this fall? I know of a couple of good canadates for assistant coaches that are helping elsewhere but still live here!