Bledsoe Warriors

volhead

does any body have any predictions on the season?

mine is 4-6 with 1 upset in the region!

the reason i will call it an upset is i cant remember the last time we won a region game!

when the foward step is made maybe more marks in the win column :lol:

I think they beat Tellico Plains two or three years ago, before Polk, Tellico and Meigs chose to move up to 3A.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does any body have any predictions on the season?

mine is 4-6 with 1 upset in the region!

the reason i will call it an upset is i cant remember the last time we won a region game!

when the foward step is made maybe more marks in the win column :)

My prediction is that they will be better than last year!

BUT that win inside the region might be a stretch i know there are three schools with new coaches but they all have 1 thing in common they will not and have not been running a 1960's scheme.

So with that being said they will not drop off to bad maybe even be better,who knows. I really think marion co will turn some heads this year from what i have heard and i think it is dangerous when BILL#49 is being so quite on here.

So will bledsoe top their best season since this coaching staff has been in place we will just have to wait and see, I think we may pick up a win against a team we didnt beat last year but whitwell and york wont be a cakewalk :wacko:

Thanks for clearing that up I did not see guervo there he will be an asset to this team if he plays this fall!

As for the QB's they have a wonderful problem there two very good QB's in dedgeanro and colvard and i agree the def line could be a real factor this year they look good!

Still they need depth at linebacker and other key spots!

About colvard being a lock or not,At times he looked better than dedge last year at in other areas dedge looked better than him they both played hard and both are competitors,I dont know who will start this year the coaching staff have two good athletes there and both have the tools to help the team win werever they play!

Nevertheless the warriors have a good spring under their belts and it is only a little over 12 weeks until their first game! They need to take advantage of the weightroom and be in shape come first day of practice!

This is a team of kids who dont have that (star) that could be a good thing!

Volhead can you email me at scofflaw77@yahoo.com. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to be biased but the best team Bledsoe ever had was the 83-84 Warriors. Randy Sharp, John Swafford, Gary Angel, Harrison Twins, Wayne Agee, Kevin Whitson, Howard Colvard, John Boynton, Sandy Bice, Avery Neely. This was the first year Bledsoe had been moved to 2A. Had they stayed in 1A, they may have won the state championship.

That was a good team, we beat them 14-13 at home but they got us pretty good in the play-offs. Who was the coach of that team? They were really physical but can't remember much about their offense. I do really remember the team in 85 or 86 that beat us again in the play-offs. Not any more though, dragons roar

thanks for the information, QB and coaches son? lots of times that doesn't work out really well for the team, how was he as a QB? also do you think that team was as good as the 85 or 86 team? Who were some of the players on that team? Someone told me that one of the coaches on the staff was there during the good years of bledsoe county football. is that true