Farragut Class AAA State Champs

timbdp

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Admirals!

Everyone on here has hit the nail on the head saying that you all weren't as good this year as in past years, and coming from an area where "good" talent is scarce, I agree with Rob in saying that heart is what wins it. Thats what helped us (Seymour) my junior year get to state even though we were choke artists when we got there. I will also agree that Farragut more than likely has the best program in this part of the the state if not in the entire state. They know how to win when it counts. I saw them beat a pretty good South Doyle team twice in the district tourney this year, one of which Rob threw. At first, I thought, "Well, Catapano isnt all hes cracked up to be." But now I agree that hes a definite Div. 1 signee and a good one. Yes, I do know that I could hit him, but hes good. Congrats Rob and good luck in college ball.

i watched both of his shutouts this week and i left the first one saying "that lefty is a pretty good pitcher".............i left friday night saying "wow"...........the movement on the fastball and the bite on the breaking ball were almost unfair..........and he continually hit his spots............and made it look so easy

i wanted to be there sooo bad. stupid trip to philly and worthelss ol NCAA LAX CHAMPIONSHIP! i would much rather have been in the boro to watch farragut win state. i thought they had a chance all year even though there was some very tough times. not gonna mention any though. hopefully coacht will post this. he never posts anything of mine any more. but CONGRATS ADMIRALS!! wish i coulda been there. and I will see some of your players next year. #1 and umm i dont anyone elses number sorry. perry your the man. and Ty nelson. probly wont ever see him again. oh well. #1 and perry your my heros. ahahahaahahahahahaa. WOOHOO!!!! STATE CHAMPS!! cant wait till next year. i will go to every home game agian since well "ihavenofriedzz". ahahah its completely ture and thats whats sad.

Coop is certainly a worthy nominee.... Another would be Mikey Joseph. His pickoff of a runner at 2B after a leadoff double helped seal a win in the tournament for the Admirals.

It's an axiom for the ages: "Once an Admiral, always an Admiral."

Great job doing the radio play by play. For those of us not able to attend

the games, your expertise was outstanding. :lol:

First of all. Congrats to the ADS. Rob is a very good pitcher, but this team was about a whole lot more. Alot of players stepped it up for Farragut. Look at the middle infield. IVY really came along and contributed greatly. The Fresham grew up in a hurry. Stallings , Powell, Cooper were great freshaman.Dont forget Reynolds and Eskew, Nelson. Another great story is how Joey Delmonico contributed. It's great to hear about him for a change. Hats off to Tommy Pharr for molding these players this year. This was a total team effort with someone new stepping up every game. I know Farragut probably worked harder than any team. Farragut has made Knoxville baseball look very good over the years.

I have been told that the 4AAA disrict tournament was as tough as the state tournament. Knoxville is a great Baseball town.

Great job doing the radio play by play. For those of us not able to attend

the games, your expertise was outstanding. :P

Ooops, I just now saw this... Your compliment is very humbling. Just an old ball coach showin' off on the radio.... Thanks so much for listening!! Send WUCP FM106.1 and Union Cumberland Presbyterian Church a "Thank You" for putting the games on the air. They are really great folks there, and want to contribute so much to Admiral sports.

Just think what kind of power they would have been if the UT Coachs kid didn't grad early!

Congrats to a great school, team and coach!

[/quote

I agree with the congratz, but the UT coaches kid would not have been eligable because he was to old (19) by the dead line.

I wonder where he would have played in college if his dad was not the UT Coach?

Ooops, I just now saw this... Your compliment is very humbling. Just an old ball coach showin' off on the radio.... Thanks so much for listening!! Send WUCP FM106.1 and Union Cumberland Presbyterian Church a "Thank You" for putting the games on the air. They are really great folks there, and want to contribute so much to Admiral sports.

:lol: great job and it is great to have good support