Private Schools Still Dominant

Its not like Goodpasture was totally dominant in the tournament. They came from behind in several of their games. Whining about them winning is petty. It would be different if they had won all their games by 10 or something.

Those single A private schools are not even dominant teams. They just show how weak public single A softball teams are right now in TN. Sorry but that is the truth. If those public schools were left to compete for a state title without any private school it would be an less than stellar representation for our state.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don' have a big problem with the privates being in the same class with publics in softball or baseball. With only 3 classes...they are large enough for the publics to compete. One player...especially a dominant pitcher...can make or break a team's chances. Football is another matter.

I wish we could go back to the days with 3 classes and huge championship crowds.

I wish we could go back to the days with 3 classes and huge championship crowds.

There were hugh crowds at the Softball tourney this year. I bet 500+ were watching our first game with Covington as all the other games were done. The first MJ vs Soddy Game was packed. Saw a lot of coaches, players and fans at the tourney that would not have been there if it was in Memphis or Nooga.

why are public schools so afraid of? people try to say private schools

recruit but not all private schools do. some people send their kids to private schools to get away from the way some public are run or for myself because of my religious beliefs. public schools recruit but are not put under the mutiplier because they are called magnet schools. i know where this has been done.

tcalionsfan...I`m not trying to knock on your decision to send your kid to TCA, because as a kid I was sent to a private school. But I make my own decisions now and my kids go to public schools (both in high school). I just find it a bit hypocritical when folks send their kids to a religious private school because they think Christ is not allowed in public schools. (I`m not exactly sure that is what you were saying though) IMO you are the one taking Christ out of public schools by pulling away your child who is most likely a Christian from the public schools. His/her influence as a Christian is whats needed most in public school and yet you choose to take them away. In my case my kids get all the Christian tools they need from Church and family. I`m sorry if that`s not the case with your kids.

I`m not bashing you or private schools. Most anyone that has been on this board knows that I always take up for private schools in the TSSAA debate, but being a public school parent and a Christian it`s kind of irritating to hear some folks reason for not using public schools. IMO private school folks are one of the biggest problems with public schools. We need as many Christians in them as possible to be there both as a spiritual guidance for other kids and for better financial support. I wish you would expound a bit on your reasons of religious beliefs that keep your kids out of public schools.

I`ll leave you with a quote from Susan B. Anthony....

If all the rich and all of the church people should send their children to the public schools they would feel bound to concentrate their money on improving these schools until they met the highest ideals.

Thanks

VG

tcalionsfan...I`m not trying to knock on your decision to send your kid to TCA, because as a kid I was sent to a private school. But I make my own decisions now and my kids go to public schools (both in high school). I just find it a bit hypocritical when folks send their kids to a religious private school because they think Christ is not allowed in public schools. (I`m not exactly sure that is what you were saying though) IMO you are the one taking Christ out of public schools by pulling away your child who is most likely a Christian from the public schools. His/her influence as a Christian is whats needed most in public school and yet you choose to take them away. In my case my kids get all the Christian tools they need from Church and family. I`m sorry if that`s not the case with your kids.

I`m not bashing you or private schools. Most anyone that has been on this board knows that I always take up for private schools in the TSSAA debate, but being a public school parent and a Christian it`s kind of irritating to hear some folks reason for not using public schools. IMO private school folks are one of the biggest problems with public schools. We need as many Christians in them as possible to be there both as a spiritual guidance for other kids and for better financial support. I wish you would expound a bit on your reasons of religious beliefs that keep your kids out of public schools.

Wow Good point. My kids go to a public school and our athletes still pray before and after games and sometimes both teams pray together. We have FCA. We have gotten together as a whole school and prayed in a circle around the track for our principal that has terminal cancer. I have seem public school teams act more Christian than the Christian teams. You are so right that it is learned at home and the values behind it and how you act not that you go to a Christian school.

I figured this was going to happen if Trinity won state. The thing that amazes me though is the fact that before the last few years, there had been times when they might have won 2 or 3 games in a season. Public and private alike beat on them at that point, but no one had anything to say then? Where were all the private advantages when they were getting beat 22-0 by Adamsville(a small public high school)? That's because at small private schools like Trinity, there are about as many advantages as smaller public schools. Not everyone there plays sports or comes for sports, and they have less students then most of the public schools to begin with. They just happened to get a good group girls(which can happen at any school, even public) that have played together most of their lives and found a way to win. Everyone of the girls live in Jackson, and most of them have been there since elementary school. The few that have come over since then, came because their sister or friends were going, not because Trinity had an awesome softball team. It's just sad when you want to take away something so special to these girls and make it sound as if they cheated to get where they are, instead of the hardwork they have put in. And I do believe Forrest(a public school) gave them all they wanted at state, plus Huntingdon played them tough this year too. In the end, it comes down to a great group of girls, who get along on and off the softball field, that have worked hard for many years to get where they are at Trinity. Why take that away from them?

I figured this was going to happen if Trinity won state. The thing that amazes me though is the fact that before the last few years, there had been times when they might have won 2 or 3 games in a season. Public and private alike beat on them at that point, but no one had anything to say then? Where were all the private advantages when they were getting beat 22-0 by Adamsville(a small public high school)? That's because at small private schools like Trinity, there are about as many advantages as smaller public schools. Not everyone there plays sports or comes for sports, and they have less students then most of the public schools to begin with. They just happened to get a good group girls(which can happen at any school, even public) that have played together most of their lives and found a way to win. Everyone of the girls live in Jackson, and most of them have been there since elementary school. The few that have come over since then, came because their sister or friends were going, not because Trinity had an awesome softball team. It's just sad when you want to take away something so special to these girls and make it sound as if they cheated to get where they are, instead of the hardwork they have put in. And I do believe Forrest(a public school) gave them all they wanted at state, plus Huntingdon played them tough this year too. In the end, it comes down to a great group of girls, who get along on and off the softball field, that have worked hard for many years to get where they are at Trinity. Why take that away from them?

Good point about how TCA really stunk until a couple of years ago. :):)

That`s what happens when you get good. It`s sad but true though. It`s so ridiculous! No one has ever cared about TCA until they had a really good couple of years. It just so happened that they have a really great group coming through right now. The same things happen at public schools. very so often they have a great group come through. If Renfroe doesn`t hit that HR in the 7th, we`d probably be congratulating Forrest. That`s nothing but good competitive softball.

I'm glad to see christians in public schools. But for you to suggets my kids were not taught christian vaules at home is wrong. My kids were in church the week they were born and taught at home until the day they left for college. Sending them to Trinity was not a quick decision for my wife and myself. Much praying went into the decision, and it's where we truly believe God wanted them. Don't be so critical of people who send their kids to christian schools. God has a plan for my kids and I believe Trinity was abig part of it. I know God has a plan for your kids too and aparently it through public school. So don't knock christian education, it's needed. If you want to know one of my kids went to MTSU the other to UT not to Union or any other christian college. This was prayed about too.

I'm glad to see christians in public schools. But for you to suggets my kids were not taught christian vaules at home is wrong. My kids were in church the week they were born and taught at home until the day they left for college. Sending them to Trinity was not a quick decision for my wife and myself. Much praying went into the decision, and it's where we truly believe God wanted them. Don't be so critical of people who send their kids to christian schools. God has a plan for my kids and I believe Trinity was abig part of it. I know God has a plan for your kids too and aparently it through public school. So don't knock christian education, it's needed. If you want to know one of my kids went to MTSU the other to UT not to Union or any other christian college. This was prayed about too.

I wasn`t suggesting that they are not taught christian values at home. I`m merely suggesting that schools like TCA foster taking Christ out of public schools. Some religious groups are even promoting the idea that all Christians should take their kids out of public schools.

What I am saying is that I am very comfortable in my kids christian values to send them to public schools.I never asked the reason you send yours to TCA. I did say that I have heard some people say the reason they send them to a school like TCA is because of the christian education. Again..I`m comfortable with the christian upbringing mine get at church and home. The public schools need christians to be a part of it and not abandon it. If you don`t mind, what was your reason to send them there just curious. Also was it deciding between TCA and a public school or TCA and another private school?

Christians can complain all they want about Christ being taken out of public schools, but when they abandon them then they are in esscence doing the same thing.