Maryville and 5A

REBELRON

How funny. His best post had a lie about Maryville having the most championships in history.

That 1 championship was in the highest classification though.

Lie Huh? Check the facts before your open your soup coolers there mikey!

WWW.TSSAA.org and here is the facts.

The play-offs, that is not the rating system of old, the only ones who do that is D1 football because the Alum and politically connected don't want a play-off system because they are scared they would lose money. Another issue!

Here are the facts

Maryville has 9 state crowns at the classification placed in by the governing body the TSSAA. Maryville has more state championships than any other High School in the state bar none since the play-offs began in any class. Maryville has appeared in 20 semi-final games in the past 36 years. Un- tied and unprecedented. MHS has also competed in 12 state title games. Maryville knows what it is like to lose, but there is no school who can tell them about winning in the big games, no one! Only Brentwood Academy is close but I count them as a private school as they are but head to head with Brentwood Academy Maryville beat them in 76 & 79 in the state title game. In 1993 the TSSAA went to 5 Classes and two divisions.

Maryville has the gold balls from the years of 1970, 1976, 1978, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005 and don't you hate it?

So you can spout off at the mouth all you like because if Maryville moves to 5A it will improve the level of play at that classification. There are many great programs in the state of Tennessee, but none have the history that Maryville does. I challenge anyone to dispute the records with facts over blind jealousy.

In truth we don't care what you haters think we love and respect "Our" kids for bringing it every Friday night and here lately on a December Saturday.

Brentwood Academy 9

Maryville 9

Montgomery Bell Academy 8

Oak Ridge 8

Alcoa 7

Dobyns Bennett 6

Chattanooga Central 6

Battle Ground Academy 6

Trousdale County 6

Riverdale 4

Marion County 4

Milan 4

Evangelical Christian School 4

Knoxville High 3

Lincoln County 3

Gallatin 3

Cleveland 3

Austin East 3

Memphis University School 3

Loudon 3

Goodpasture 3

Sweetwater 3

South Pittsburg 3

Donelson Christian Academy 3

Bishop Byrne 3

Bradley Central 2

Jackson 2

Oakland 2

Germantown 2

Father Ryan 2

Tennessee 2

Pearl Cohn 2

Melrose 2

Webb School of Knoxville 2

David Lipscomb 2

Lake County 2

Christ Presbyterian Academy 2

Briarcrest 2

Fulton 2

Memphis Tech 1

Memphis Central 1

Columbia Central 1

Sevier County 1

Dickson County 1

Jefferson County 1

Knoxville Halls 1

Hillcrest 1

John Overton 1

Christian Brothers 1

Baylor 1

Murfreesboro Central 1

Morristown East 1

Memphis East 1

Marshall County 1

Humboldt 1

Kingston 1

White House 1

Springfield 1

Tyner 1

Oneida 1

Franklin Road Academy 1

Bruceton Central 1

Greenback 1

Spring Hill 1

Gordonsville 1

Memphis Catholic 1

Rockwood 1

Walland 1

Dyer County 1

Tennessee Preparatory School 1

Portland 1

Red Bank 1

McCallie 1

Ezell Harding 1

Ridgeway 1

Brentwood 1

Southern Baptist Educational Center 1

Boyd Buchanan 1

Huntingdon 1

Hillsboro 1

Livingston Academy 1

Ravenwood 1

Davidson Academy 1

TENNESSEE FACTS & FIGURES

State Titles (Top 10)

1. Dobyns-Bennett - 13 7. Chattanooga Central - 6

1. Montgomery Bell Academy - 13 7. Trousdale County - 6

3. Maryville - 10 10. Riverdale - 4

4. Brentwood Academy - 9 10. Marion County - 4

5. Oak Ridge - 8 10. Milan - 4

6. Alcoa - 7 10. Evangelical Christian School - 4

7. Battle Ground Academy - 6

State Titles (Top 10)

Thats what I was trying to figure out, whether or not you were including Polls prior to the playoff system. Seems to me that many would consider the ones actually won on the field in the playoff format more pertinent. Its the same argument the ones wanting a College Playoff format are clamoring for. I see now what you are basing your numbers on though.

Dang you must be as old as the ole dads then. I wish college football (D I that is) would go to the playoff system, but until they do we still recognize who the NCAA says the champions are.

Agree on the college deal. For the time being it is what it is and that is how they are decided. Not sure if I am as old as the Dads but I am sure if not there are many days i feel that old. :lol:

Dang fellows...It's old Dad's Day....ease up on the age of us Old Dads.

Ole Dad

Agree on the college deal. For the time being it is what it is and that is how they are decided. Not sure if I am as old as the Dads but I am sure if not there are many days i feel that old. :lol:

State Titles (Top 10)

Sorry nothing really counts prior to 69, because it was based upon the press AP & coaches voting. Politics not preformance. The play-offs are the only real and fair wasy to crown a champ. The top spot in public school in Tennessee belongs to Maryville. Sorry but that is a fact you haters will just have to live with just like we have too.

Sorry nothing really counts prior to 69, because it was based upon the press AP & coaches voting. Politics not preformance. The play-offs are the only real and fair wasy to crown a champ. The top spot in public school in Tennessee belongs to Maryville. Sorry but that is a fact you haters will just have to live with just like we have too.

So are you saying there are no national champions in college football? You're wrong about me hating Maryville. I have nothing but apathy towards the team. For you or anyone else to say that there were no state champions prior to '69 is a slap in the face to all the players that made the game what it is today.

Do any of Maryville's 614 wins that happened prior to 1969 count?

What are you smokin? That was about the dumbest post I have ever read. Do you actually believe what you wrote? if so you need some serious help.

Ole Dad

LOL Squad.......because I left a "S" out of disrespect I need to learn how to spell. How sad and pathetic you must be to have to go that route. I bet your seven-year-old is a better poster than you.

Seriously SQUAD.....you might want to find another thread. There is wayyyy to much experience in this thread for a rank amatuer like you. I'm going to stick with my earlier statement....that being you are the worst poster on CoachT....... :lol:

Well there you go with the spelling again. Awww,I'm starting to feel bad now because I guess you really are just stupid. :lol:

By the way,thanks for the compliment about my son.But here's the thing....neither one of us get on here and make a total @$$ out of ourselves on a regular basis like you consistently do! No,you're not an "amateur" at that...You're a PRO! :lol:

THE SQUAD :)

Edited by THE SQUAD