Is it time for a change in district teams?

curious70

Why not put Smyrna, LaVergne, Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, and Siegel in the same district for all sports? Lebanon and Wilson County would also be great additions. It's silly to have Warren County, Cookeville, and White County in this district because of the distance.

Edited by curious70

Why not put Smyrna, LaVergne, Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, and Siegel in the same district for all sports? Lebanon and Wilson County would also be great additions. It's silly to have Warren County, Cookeville, and White County in this district because of the distance.

This has been discussed for years - check out football region vs baseball/basketball districts :)

Look for another 'Limbaugh Plan' in the works for this in the near-future :)

If you want to see some REALLY stupid regions/districts check out Region 6AA(that has 9 teams in it) in football and Region 6AA (specifically district 12AA) in basketball/baseball. I don't think any other regions or districts can top them for sheer idiocy.

Where would you put Warren County, Cookeville and White County? To place teams in districts, you have to look at the big picture, not what is convenient for Rutherford County. Lebanon and Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central are not in the same district either.

Put the Rutherford county teams together. Move Lebanon in with Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central's district. Put White, Warren, Cookeville, Cumberland, Coffee and either Tullahoma or Rhea County in together. It really should be restructured.

put 1 in 9-AAA and the other in 8-AAA

;) hey thats a great idea lets put schools in a financial burden just so all the rutherford co schools can play in the same district

but the sports world revolves around murfreesboro

Where would you put Warren County, Cookeville and White County? To place teams in districts, you have to look at the big picture, not what is convenient for Rutherford County. Lebanon and Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central are not in the same district either.

please explain the big picture to me..........in aaa we have districts of 9 teams vs districts of 4 teams..........i understand that there is travel involved at times.......we have two 90 mile trips from coffee county in district play...........i agree there has to be a better way...........sorry but it makes sense to me to have schools from the same county in the same district........that fits the big picture nicely imho

Edited by riddlers

This is Chattanooga area, not midstate, but I'm told if there is ever total split of public and private schools, football classes would possibly drop to four in Division I. If that happens, I wish they'd take a look at making basketball, baseball and softball four classes as well. Would that help the Rutherford/midstate teams or cause more problems?

Chattanooga area, what it could be in four classes, football, baseball, softball, basketball

1A

Richard Hardy (non-football)

Chattanooga Creative Arts (non-football)

21st Century (non-football)

Copper Basin

Sale Creek (non-football)

Lookout Valley

South Pittsburg

Whitwell

Arts and Sciences (non-football)

Marion County (borderline 1A/2A)

2A

Meigs County

Bledsoe County

Tyner

Polk County

Sequatchie County

Grundy County

Howard

McMinn Central

3A

East Ridge

Sequoyah

Brainerd

Hixson

Chattanooga Central

Red Bank

Cleveland

4A

Walker Valley

McMinn County

Rhea County

Soddy-Daisy

Bradley Central

Ooltewah

(upcoming schools in East Brainerd, Signal Mt would have to go in too)

In Chattanooga at least, it would make things a lot better than they currently are, teams like White County and Knoxville area teams are in football regions with Chattanooga area schools. I think it would be nice to have the same region opponents in all those sports, instead of playing some in football and never seeing them again the rest of the school year. That's no way to build a rivalry.

Edited by Indian

I think there could be alot of reconstructing the districts. Our baseball district (10A) is probably considered decent compared to most but we still go at least 2 hours for a couple district games. We do have East Rob., Jo Byrns & WHH right in each other's neighborhoods connected by one or two main roads but Houston Co. & McEwen are little out there. East Lit. & NCS aren't bad drives but I agree that it could be re-done, not just in A but in all classes. Our football district games include Eagleville, Forrest & Cascade, all of which are 1.5 hours at least. The distance has alot of downfalls to it. Some parents can't make their kids games because they can't get off early enough to drive for 2 or 3 hours to go watch them play. I'm sure it's not just like this in our district, but that's just my opinion.

In Chattanooga at least, it would make things a lot better than they currently are, teams like White County and Knoxville area teams are in football regions with Chattanooga area schools. I think it would be nice to have the same region opponents in all those sports, instead of playing some in football and never seeing them again the rest of the school year. That's no way to build a rivalry.

You Know White County is one of those schools that is a tweener. They have enough students to play in 3A in basketball baseball and others but they are small enough to have to play football in 4A so it is very difficult to say what can be done with all the districts and regions.