Chris Donald

BIGBLU

Goona be hard to say "no" to ND, I'd say. They've got a lot to offer...quite a bit more than UT, IMO.

Interesting comments regarding all the things ND has to offer that UT doesn't have to offer. Would you care to list all those things that could take this Tennessee native from Huntingdon and send him to ND. Word from people who know this kid is that he is a Vol ...maybe you have some inside information they don't. Or maybe your just guessing and hoping because your a ND fan.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comments regarding all the things ND has to offer that UT doesn't have to offer. Would you care to list all those things that could take this Tennessee native from Huntingdon and send him to ND. Word from people who know this kid is that he is a Vol ...maybe you have some inside information they don't. Or maybe your just guessing and hoping because your a ND fan.

Or maybe, just maybe, I can speculate that ND has more to offer than UT. Not a ND fan, not a UT fan, though it's clear you are. I wonder how much that clouds your ability to see both sides of the argument? I have no inside information. I simply said that an offer from ND is probably going to be tough to say "no" to.

But since you asked what ND has to offer, here's a start:

1. Charlie Weis, a guy who has been very successful in the NFL and I would imagine knows how to prepare players to get there. Not too bad a college coach either, considering what ND did last season with what was essentially someone else's players.

2. ND is a higher profile school nationally than UT. Period. Playing for ND will get you more national attention. People nation-wide talk about ND. Listen to any ESPN Radio broadcast during football season.

3. Playing on national network TV pretty much every Saturday. Not Jefferson Pilot or ESPN, either. I mean ABC. I mean NBC. As of right now, only two of their games aren't on either one of those networks (Air Force and Navy).

I justed talked with Chris on his cell phone and he tells me that he and his dad (Neil) are going to Knoxville later this week. He tells me that he is going up to South Bend the last of the month. Looks like it's down to those to schools.

Either which school he pick he won't have to worry about a thing. He won't even have to buy his own pencils. B)B):)

Or maybe, just maybe, I can speculate that ND has more to offer than UT. Not a ND fan, not a UT fan, though it's clear you are. I wonder how much that clouds your ability to see both sides of the argument? I have no inside information. I simply said that an offer from ND is probably going to be tough to say "no" to.

But since you asked what ND has to offer, here's a start:

1. Charlie Weis, a guy who has been very successful in the NFL and I would imagine knows how to prepare players to get there. Not too bad a college coach either, considering what ND did last season with what was essentially someone else's players.

2. ND is a higher profile school nationally than UT. Period. Playing for ND will get you more national attention. People nation-wide talk about ND. Listen to any ESPN Radio broadcast during football season.

3. Playing on national network TV pretty much every Saturday. Not Jefferson Pilot or ESPN, either. I mean ABC. I mean NBC. As of right now, only two of their games aren't on either one of those networks (Air Force and Navy).

UT is also a high profile national football school whether you want to admit it or not.

At UT he can play in front of 100,000 plus.

At UT he can play at a stadium that has many times been voted the best college atmosphere in the country. In fact it was just voted that again by a nationwide poll on ESPN.com.

At UT he can play for the homestate school. Plus it`s one that I`ve heard over and over has been a long time dream of his.

At UT he can play in the best football conference in the country and a conference that is by far got more football crazy venues than any other conference.

would he have the grades for notre dame?

:D:D

Chris is an honor student and his moms a teacher. She aint havin it!! Mom and dad both are looking at the education and not football. Chris knows what it takes.... He's wanting to Major in Engineering in college. Chris has taken the ACT and has scored WELL above what it takes to be eligible to pass the NCAA Clearing House and well enough to enter Notre Dame or any other college in the nation he chooses.

He's a great kid who knows what has to be done.

GO STANGS!!!

Edited by Reignydayz

I don't know if UT has more to "offer" as ND ... but they at least offer as much. Almost all of their games are televised. With the exception of last year, UT is always in the SEC hunt and occassionally in the national hunt and ND is just getting back to that last year after SEVERAL years away. UT and USC run neck and neck in terms of the greatest number of former players on current rosters in the NFL. Just a few tidbits to add to the discussion.

Interesting comments regarding all the things ND has to offer that UT doesn't have to offer. Would you care to list all those things that could take this Tennessee native from and send him to ND.

Where to begin:

1) An education. Turns out the ND football players are expected to go to real classes, a concept that hasn't caught on at UT. Ok, Ok, Manning is an exception. Give me two or three more. Majoring in "human development", "playground management", etc. doesn't count.

2) The South Bend police department doesn't use game programs to to help identify suspected perps in assaults, burglarlies, etc. It's nice playing on a team where the majority of players don't have rap sheets.

3) You don't have to listen to Rocky Top 20 times a game. Of course, if this year is anything like last, that won't be a major issue.

4) Most of the other players will have IQ's higher than room temperature.

Edited by uncfan13

Maybe is the 9 million dollar a year t.v deal ND has with NBC. Or the fact that the 2007 Class will be the #1 in the nation headed by Jimmy Clausen. ND is kind of like the Yankees when it comes to fan base. They have fans all over the world. Tennessee has a big fan base too, but mostly just here in the south. ND has no conference, but they play powerhouse teams with huge fan bases. Thats a lot of t.v. time and a lot of exposure. Every ND game except for 2 will be shown on either ABC or NBC, thats a big factor for a lot of kids.

Edited by montague1