NFL players you saw play in High School

mobry

Iknow I'm aging myself, but I played against NFL Hall of Famer, John Hannah, when he played at Baylor School and I played at Castle Heights Military Academy in Lebanon in 1967.

I played against John for two years. Mercifully, he left his senior year and played for Albertville or Guntersville. I'm using the term "played against" loosely because if John was playing football, I must have been playing tiddly winks. He blocked half the line and had future Georgia Tech running back, Rob Healy, running behind him. He was an extremely muscular 6'3" and 250 pounds. He played at 280 for the Pats.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone mentioned Scott Wells of Brentwood Academy, Tennessee and Green Bay?

I also saw Dennis "Bigfoot" Harrison (Riverdale. Vandy, Eagles) in the mid '70's. His son is now in the NBA I think. (David Harrison - Brentwood Academy, Colorado, NBA)

The single best high school player I ever saw in Tennessee was probably Leroy Thompson of Austin East. He dominated a game on offense and defense like few ever have. Big John Henderson came close to that type of domination, but he didn't do as much on offense as Leroy. Eric Westmoreland could also dominate a game in the same type of way.

A few years back, Crockett County had the pleasure of playing a playoff game at Melrose against a team that featured Cedric Wilson (Steelers), Kindal Moorehead (Panthers), and Dewayne Robertson (Jets). They also had David Payne, who as a junior was possibly their best player. He was part of the Alabama scandal, I believe, and to my knowledge never played any pro ball.

The Cavaliers also faced Jabrari Greer (Bills) of Jackson Southside that season, if I remember correctly.

Edited by crockettfan

• 7 years later...

Mike Caldwell- Oak Ridge. Played most of his years with the Eagles and Browns as a LB. Started a lot of those years. Played for Oak Ridge in the late 80's. Jason McAddley-Oak Ridge. Went to school with him and grew up with him. Had a 6 or 7 year career with in the NFL. Played with the Titans and also the Cards. Fernando Bryant-Riverdale. Watched him play against Oak Ridge in 1994. Great talent.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike Caldwell- Oak Ridge. Played most of his years with the Eagles and Browns as a LB. Started a lot of those years. Played for Oak Ridge in the late 80's. Jason McAddley-Oak Ridge. Went to school with him and grew up with him. Had a 6 or 7 year career with in the NFL. Played with the Titans and also the Cards. Fernando Bryant-Riverdale. Watched him play against Oak Ridge in 1994. Great talent.

Didnt Caldwell play at MTSU?

Didnt Caldwell play at MTSU?

Yes. Mike did play at MTSU. Had a real good career there. I also saw Eric Thomas play in HS. Another guy for Oak Ridge who wasn't drafted, but signed on as a FA with the Chiefs, but ended up tearing his knee up in training camp and never was the same. Played for Oak Ridge in the mid 80's. Was also All ACC in 1989 with the GA Tech Yellow Jackets as a LB. Maybe you saw Mike play since you are from down around that area? Do you remember Alex Stuart from Oak Ridge? He played for MTSU also a few years ago.

Yes. Mike did play at MTSU. Had a real good career there. I also saw Eric Thomas play in HS. Another guy for Oak Ridge who wasn't drafted, but signed on as a FA with the Chiefs, but ended up tearing his knee up in training camp and never was the same. Played for Oak Ridge in the mid 80's. Was also All ACC in 1989 with the GA Tech Yellow Jackets as a LB. Maybe you saw Mike play since you are from down around that area? Do you remember Alex Stuart from Oak Ridge? He played for MTSU also a few years ago.

Yes I do, always seemed like he would get hurt un the summer.............