CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Covington and Dyersburg spent time last year as the number 1 3A team in the state....This region had 5 teams with winning records...Ripley did not make the playoffs with a 6-4 record...This is a very strong region and the four playoff teams will be tough match-ups for the Memphis region....My playoff teams for this region are Covington,Crockett County,Dyersburg and Obion County.....

Don't laugh at the choice of OCCHS..They have 19 seniors returning,most 2 and 3 year starters..They lost some close games last year with only Crockett Co beating them handily...The Rebels defeated #1 Covington and 1A state finalist Union City along with Dyer County...They led #1 Dyersburg late into the 3rd Quarter,led Haywood County into the 4th quarter before losing 18-14 in Brownsville....This year they have Crockett Co and Haywood Co in Troy while going on the road to play Dyersburg,Covington and Ripley...They will have to come up with a win in one of those three tough places to play and need to win their home games...No small task,but with a few breaks and no injuries,this could be a special year at OCCHS...

dburg and cc will more than likely be the coaches pick as the two teams to battle for top 2 spots...

however, ochs has the talent on offense to be as good....the only question will be their defense...

haywood and covington will be about as good as they were last year...

ripley and dc will be better, but will they be good enough to make the playoffs???

dburg won this region last year and was 10-0....they will be much stronger this fall...but so will crockett and obion....

this will be a good year for region 7 as there are no less than 3 teams who could win the title, while two others could challenge.....

Edited by mg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job. 
    • I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf