Sullivan South Rebels 06

No doubt, the South program is on the rise. The interest level is up, more kids coming out for football, and it is great to have another local rival team doing well. I expect a steady rise in the South program.

VolMan, good to see you back. Ready for some football?As far as middle school, saying county schools always have better teams is way overstated. I agree about the last three years, but the middle schools go in cycles, I remember a time not to long ago when Sevier had a team that was not scored upon the whole season when the 1st string was in. Robinson has had dominate flashes as well. Colonial Heights middle has been the best team lately, but not long ago they had some struggles. I think overall in the long run, although they are not dominant right now, Sevier has had the strongest ongoing program.

Howdy Bud. Yes, I'm ready for football. Best time of the year. You are correct, Sevier probably has historically had the best program. They've struggled the last few years, but I hear they'll be strong this year. I guess Colonial Heights picked a bad time to enter the city league huh? ha. Wish they had been it the last few years. I'd say Sevier will have a little payback in mind this year. But, St. Claire is a good man and a good coach so I'm hoping he'll have a little mercy on us this year. Good luck to your Indians this season, except, of course, for week 1. :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy Bud. Yes, I'm ready for football. Best time of the year. You are correct, Sevier probably has historically had the best program. They've struggled the last few years, but I hear they'll be strong this year. I guess Colonial Heights picked a bad time to enter the city league huh? ha. Wish they had been it the last few years. I'd say Sevier will have a little payback in mind this year. But, St. Claire is a good man and a good coach so I'm hoping he'll have a little mercy on us this year. Good luck to your Indians this season, except, of course, for week 1. ;)

Your right Volman, Colonial Heights should have been in the city league at least two or three years ago, but it isn't their fault the rest of the county is so weak. The did defeat all the City teams in the playoffs anyway (Sevier, TA Dugger, Vance, and Robinson in a laugher of a scrimmage to start the season). And you and Bud are correct, the South program is on the rise, just as the Indians seem to be having a bit of an upswing with the current SR and JR classes. The current Junior through Freshman classes at South have been very good. They dominated at the middle school. Both the Sophomore class and Freshman class have ~1000 yards rushers from middle school. Sophomore Taylor Fletcher (the current starter at varsity at RB) got his yardage in I believe in 8 games in which he played sparingly. Freshman Seth Waterson got his in 7 games. Fletcher is a very good inside runner great quickness. Waterson is as fast a kid in the open as I have seen at 14 years old. May be the fastest Rebel in any grade. The current Junior class was Phillips, Collins, and Crowe of course. As far as this season at the middle school level, 'ole Coach St Clair (no 'e') knows this should be his year to get a little back from CHMS. CHMS laid the wood to the Sevier team the past few years, but even with that said, the CH coaches called off the dogs.

With all that said about the middle school teams. We'll have see how it all translates at the high school level. Coach Clark has such a talent at getting the most out of his kids. Coach Carter at South seems to be headed the right way with his program as well. This game should be a good one. I've already put in some PTO to get to see this one.

I went to the Region 1 4A Jamboree tonight... although I did get there late. I missed Betsy vs Central... I set next to a knowledgeable TN High fan and he told me that they played between the 30's and it was 0-0.

I got to the South vs North Scrimmage with 3 min to go.. South up 7-0... they drove straight down the field and scored and the score ended up 14-0. Sullivan North looked pitiful.. maybe 35 players in uniform total. South looked like South last year... I saw that Team play DB, TN High and Mo West. The Coaching Staff has designed an offense that is a suited to Phillips as best it could be, and he can run that Offense. The one big question is can he throw down field with success.

TN High and Johson Co. will be the only challange to the Rebels in the Region... not sure about the Longhorns but they did play the Vikings even at 6-6. The Vikings have the most numbers in the Confernce and they looked a little bigger than Sullivan South across the Line, however they lack QB experience.

I left early in the Sullivan East vs Unicoi Co. match up... Lightning was striking and a storm was on the way. East was moving the ball on the initial drive... if they played longer I am sure the Patriots would have scored.

As far as Middle Schools go.. Kingsport has 2... they combine when they hit High School and that does make a difference, in a big a way.

South would love to beat the Indians, but no doubt about it... the Rebels will be hands down the favorite to win Region 1 4A again...

See you Rebels in 14 days, good luck against Happy Valley

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Your right Volman, Colonial Heights should have been in the city league at least two or three years ago, but it isn't their fault the rest of the county is so weak. The did defeat all the City teams in the playoffs anyway (Sevier, TA Dugger, Vance, and Robinson in a laugher of a scrimmage to start the season). And you and Bud are correct, the South program is on the rise, just as the Indians seem to be having a bit of an upswing with the current SR and JR classes. The current Junior through Freshman classes at South have been very good. They dominated at the middle school. Both the Sophomore class and Freshman class have ~1000 yards rushers from middle school. Sophomore Taylor Fletcher (the current starter at varsity at RB) got his yardage in I believe in 8 games in which he played sparingly. Freshman Seth Waterson got his in 7 games. Fletcher is a very good inside runner great quickness. Waterson is as fast a kid in the open as I have seen at 14 years old. May be the fastest Rebel in any grade. The current Junior class was Phillips, Collins, and Crowe of course. As far as this season at the middle school level, 'ole Coach St Clair (no 'e') knows this should be his year to get a little back from CHMS. CHMS laid the wood to the Sevier team the past few years, but even with that said, the CH coaches called off the dogs.

With all that said about the middle school teams. We'll have see how it all translates at the high school level. Coach Clark has such a talent at getting the most out of his kids. Coach Carter at South seems to be headed the right way with his program as well. This game should be a good one. I've already put in some PTO to get to see this one.

The current South Varsity squad is looking very good. In mid-season form. Let's not count any eggs before they hatch with the youngsters. (Watterson has two 'T's by the way).

I went to the Region 1 4A Jamboree tonight... although I did get there late. I missed Betsy vs Central... I set next to a knowledgeable TN High fan and he told me that they played between the 30's and it was 0-0.

I got to the South vs North Scrimmage with 3 min to go.. South up 7-0... they drove straight down the field and scored and the score ended up 14-0. Sullivan North looked pitiful.. maybe 35 players in uniform total. South looked like South last year... I saw that Team play DB, TN High and Mo West. The Coaching Staff has designed an offense that is a suited to Phillips as best it could be, and he can run that Offense. The one big question is can he throw down field with success.

TN High and Johson Co. will be the only challange to the Rebels in the Region... not sure about the Longhorns but they did play the Vikings even at 6-6. The Vikings have the most numbers in the Confernce and they looked a little bigger than Sullivan South across the Line, however they lack QB experience.

I left early in the Sullivan East vs Unicoi Co. match up... Lightning was striking and a storm was on the way. East was moving the ball on the initial drive... if they played longer I am sure the Patriots would have scored.

As far as Middle Schools go.. Kingsport has 2... they combine when they hit High School and that does make a difference, in a big a way.

South would love to beat the Indians, but no doubt about it... the Rebels will be hands down the favorite to win Region 1 4A again...

See you Rebels in 14 days, good luck against Happy Valley

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Howdy Art. Yes, we should not forget that D-B also has Robinson. Also, we should not forget that South has Sullivan too. Sullivan is much smaller than Colonial Heights, but they have also been very instrumental in building South's program the last few years. We've been getting some very hard nosed players from Sullivan. Good luck vs. Betsy. See you in a couple of weeks.

how about them church hill panthers?? 8-1 middle 7 conf co champs my 8th grade year!! 2003-2004

CHMS-14 Sevier-6

CHMS-28 Robinson-14

CHMS-24 Science Hill-0

CHMS-28 Rogersville-0

CHMS-21 TA Dugger-12

CHMS-35 Unicoi-6

CHMS-6 Vance-22

CHMS-35 Ketron-0 Homecoming

CHMS-18 Meadowview-6 Playoffs

'03-'04 North East TN Region 3rd Place

how about them church hill panthers?? 8-1 middle 7 conf co champs my 8th grade year!! 2003-2004

CHMS-14 Sevier-6

CHMS-28 Robinson-14

CHMS-24 Science Hill-0

CHMS-28 Rogersville-0

CHMS-21 TA Dugger-12

CHMS-35 Unicoi-6

CHMS-6 Vance-22

CHMS-35 Ketron-0 Homecoming

CHMS-18 Meadowview-6 Playoffs

'03-'04 North East TN Region 3rd Place

Thats awsome!

They should at least win a couple games while at Volunteer.

Here we go with the trash talkin. Never fails always somebody wanting to start stuff with someone else. I agree that the posting the entire 03-04 Church Hill middle schedule was a little too much and probably mentioning Church Hill period was a no no but my goodness man was "Wimpy Church Hill" necessary? Give me a break man GROW UP!!!

Here we go with the trash talkin. Never fails always somebody wanting to start stuff with someone else. I agree that the posting the entire 03-04 Church Hill middle schedule was a little too much and probably mentioning Church Hill period was a no no but my goodness man was "Wimpy Church Hill" necessary? Give me a break man GROW UP!!!

Uh i think your the 1 who needs to grow up. I mean old men still talking about high school and much less middle school have a lot of room to talk . . . . . . .

Bananas . . . . . ?

Uh i think your the 1 who needs to grow up. I mean old men still talking about high school and much less middle school have a lot of room to talk . . . . . . .

Bananas . . . . . ?

What are you talking about? All i mean was mentioning Church Hill middle on a south thread was a no no i knew it was going to upset somebody and insulting the people in church hill by calling them wimpy was totally uncalled for and very immature so grow up!

The South will definitely Rise Again! We have Great players, Great coaches!

South v. Happy Valley, a good warm up, welcome to death valley, South +28

South v. Dobyns Bennett, time for revenge, good match until 4th Qtr, South +9

South v. Central, tough players, bad coaches, South + 21

South v. Greeneville, some big players, skilled players outgunned, South +14

South v. Johson Co., lacks depth, beat in 4th Qtr, South +12

South v. TN High, best matchup, Phillips connects for late 4th QTR win, South +6

South v. Elizabethton, home field advantage, defensive battle, South +14

South v. Unicoi Co., not enough good players, South +34

South v. North, big players, but they'll tire and get slow, South +14

South v. East, well coached but again no depth and good players tire, South +17