Sullivan South Rebels 06

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to harp on the subject the DB game is done and over with....but if you go back and watch some of the prior games that DB has lost it was all running the ball, you cant beat DB's secondary but if you really want to hurt them you running down there throats and then suprise with a bomb worked everytime I still love DB just telling you all new game-plane next year or another coach.

Just a few comments in response to the hanging "puddin" party and Jeffers fan club president, SF23: Lighten up!

You can't really be supporters of the program or high school football in general as you offer up such toxicity. Puddins' final line tells you his level of commitment and support, "I think next year, I'll just skip the DB at South game.... you don't want my 2 cents anyway". You got that right. Shoot, I forgot... you drove 35 minutes to get to the game. Your medal of honor is in the mail.

Coach Carter and his staff have done a great job turning the program around since the moment he took the job. Check the records and get a grasp of their commitment to the program and their players. It speaks for itself to those who are receptive to the truth. They had a bad game, but don't deserve to be assassinated. It's telling how certain personalities/characters expose themselves by piling on and stirring it up when someone has faultered. Yes, your team (or so you say) plays a bad game and you toss a grenade at their leadership and walk away. Easy when you can single out real people by name and attack them anonymously. The gentlemen you attack will pick up the pieces and move on.

Your statements about Phillips selfishness don't make sense either. You say, "Tell me, why is it that if there is any kind of a hole formed by the offensive line, Phillips pulls the ball and follows the RB through the hole? Why is it when there is no hole, Phillips gladly gives the ball away." You can't be basing that on last year when both of their most talented RBs, McMillin and Sandidge had great years. The D. never knew who had the ball...ask DB or anyone in the MLC. You must be basing it on the Happy Valley game....well no, Phillips only ran it 4 times with 2 being scrambles. Then it must have been in the jamboree, but then he didn't run at all. That leaves the scrimmage against Volunteer when he was selfishly trying to pad his all important scrimmage stats. That leaves the DB game that we just painfully endured. You can't be telling us that when he doesn't see a hole, he gives it to the back. There was no hole, he kept the ball and got rocked. Yea, he's selfish like that to pad his stats. The way I saw it, there were a couple of times that he missed a read and paid the price, but it certainly wasn't because he was selfish. He's a high school football player doing the best he can, just like the center that got hurt and the soph. replacement that got stuck into a bad situation that got worse. Who's more disappointed, the players and coaches or you?

This year could be tough. South graduated some great seniors, have limited depth and have already lost some critical players from this years squad. The MLC is looking stout. The true character of an individual/team/supporter is revealed when adversity is encountered. The jury is out, but I'm betting on the 1st two and the majority of the 3rd. Unfortunately there will always be masked, unfulfilled grumblers waiting for someone to stumble so they can temporarily feel better by pretending to be experts and piling on. Support these young coaches and players rather than attack and try to divide them. If you feel a great need to inform them of their errors, send them a note, schedule an appointment or invite them to your next coaching clinic. Show the same class you criticise DB's #20 for not having. :o

YOU PEOPLE AT SOUTH SHOULD FEEL EXTREMELY LUCKY TO HAVE A COACH/GENTLEMAN LIKE STACY CARTER.I WAS AT THE DB GAME AND THINGS JUST WENT FROM BAD TO WORSE FOR YOUR GUYS.IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES.I WILL SAY THIS I DID NOT SEE ANY CLASSLESS ACTIONS BY SOUTHS PLAYERS LIKE I DID OUT OF #20.THAT WAS A SHAME.A KIDS TALENT CAN BE SEEN IN HIS PLAY NOT BY HIS TAUNTING.YOUR QB TOOK A POUNDING JUST LIKE OURS DID,BUT HE WILL BE OK.I STILL SAY IF FANS WOULD GET BEHIND THEIR KIDS WIN OR LOSE THE OUTCOME WILL BE MUCH BETTER!EVERYONE HAS BAD DAYS.GOOD LUCK

YOU PEOPLE AT SOUTH SHOULD FEEL EXTREMELY LUCKY TO HAVE A COACH/GENTLEMAN LIKE STACY CARTER.I WAS AT THE DB GAME AND THINGS JUST WENT FROM BAD TO WORSE FOR YOUR GUYS.IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES.I WILL SAY THIS I DID NOT SEE ANY CLASSLESS ACTIONS BY SOUTHS PLAYERS LIKE I DID OUT OF #20.THAT WAS A SHAME.A KIDS TALENT CAN BE SEEN IN HIS PLAY NOT BY HIS TAUNTING.YOUR QB TOOK A POUNDING JUST LIKE OURS DID,BUT HE WILL BE OK.I STILL SAY IF FANS WOULD GET BEHIND THEIR KIDS WIN OR LOSE THE OUTCOME WILL BE MUCH BETTER!EVERYONE HAS BAD DAYS.GOOD LUCK

Just to inform you, the classless actions by south players came all week before the game. (not all south players) Like I said before. #20 just gave what he got. You crybabies need to move on. :thumb:

Man I will tell ya what Waco , remember if i ever said anything after a game it was called whinning? Geez Move on folks, you have other games to prepare for, let these kids get their heads on the next game. Everyone including myself tends to get emotional at ballgames and sometimes exhibits behavior that you would normally not do anywhere else. We are all only human, and the boys even more so since they are teens with a surplus of testosterone and adrenaline pumping through their systems during a game. Heck I am always mad at refs for not calling late hits. Thats my fave lol Good luck guys and go on and concentate on the game at hand and let the last one go.