Sullivan South Rebels 06

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you hear this?

i-guess-horses-do-laugh-720.jpg

i didnt hear it I saw it ..Curt is playing the all state mlb justin dykes isnt playing in the scrimmages........ South added weight to a few underweighted lineman and still have a returning great o and d line in murray and collier....... Ole Mr Clark and ole mIghty dobyns bennet in all honesty will prolly win the game again this year .... and no im not a db fan im a south fan i played in the loss last year....its a gut wrencher to bring it back up...... South is good and will continue to be good but lets face it its DB and its always harder at j fred.. and yes i hate to say that but how do you compete with money...... .... South wins MLC may make strong run at 4a state..... and i hope they do take DB down just to knock them off their pedestal........ its gonna be another defensive game unless DB has a lamon hidden in the works..... Fire up DB put em in a TEE PEE burn em burn....all I have to say is in my opinion south goes further in playoffs

Souths chances are much slimmer this year than they were last year of defeating the Indians. South doesn’t fill the skilled positions very well outside of wherever Phillips will play. Every team in the conference will know that if you stop Phillips (wherever he is playing) the South will crash and burn. The problem is (if he is healthy) knowing it…and doing it are two different things! On the other hand DB has depth in most skilled positions. The bottom line is these two teams are going in different directions. While DB was arguably down last year, and on the rise this year…South fielded their best team they’ve seen (or will see) in years. Fortunately for South they’re not the only Region 1 AAAA team going south, so I think they will again do very well in conference play (easily 1st or 2nd).

Souths chances are much slimmer this year than they were last year of defeating the Indians. South doesn’t fill the skilled positions very well outside of wherever Phillips will play. Every team in the conference will know that if you stop Phillips (wherever he is playing) the South will crash and burn. The problem is (if he is healthy) knowing it…and doing it are two different things! On the other hand DB has depth in most skilled positions. The bottom line is these two teams are going in different directions. While DB was arguably down last year, and on the rise this year…South fielded their best team they’ve seen (or will see) in years. Fortunately for South they’re not the only Region 1 AAAA team going south, so I think they will again do very well in conference play (easily 1st or 2nd).

Just to clear up a few things real quick.......Phillips is QB'ing. He did QB vs. Pittman in the scrimmage last week and was a man among boys. They couldn't tackle him. Not sure how strong Pittman is but, Curt did look good. South will have a strong team this year. I think they'll be better than last year. Time will tell. And as for them 'going South'......nuh uh. The program is on the rise. I've been around this program since the beginning and it is definitely headed back up. The middle school program at Colonial Heights hasn't lost a game in 3 years. The county teams are (as always) the best in the area. The middle school team will be 'down' this year, but will be back at the top next year. I'm not arguing with anyone, just stating facts.

No doubt, the South program is on the rise. The interest level is up, more kids coming out for football, and it is great to have another local rival team doing well. I expect a steady rise in the South program.

VolMan, good to see you back. Ready for some football?As far as middle school, saying county schools always have better teams is way overstated. I agree about the last three years, but the middle schools go in cycles, I remember a time not to long ago when Sevier had a team that was not scored upon the whole season when the 1st string was in. Robinson has had dominate flashes as well. Colonial Heights middle has been the best team lately, but not long ago they had some struggles. I think overall in the long run, although they are not dominant right now, Sevier has had the strongest ongoing program.

Edited by bud