Sullivan South Rebels 06

I hear that Curt Phillips has been playing as a wide reciever

and safety in a passing league. He is having to rehab his

throwing shoulder after surgery in the spring.

This kid is the real deal, and there is no limit as to how

far he and South can go if he can be 100% for the season.

Anyone who saw him play last year will tell you he is a player.

If he is 100%, his performance on the field will do all the

talking that is necessary.

Thanks for the update StanTrott. Has Curt been allowed to throw any? If so how much is he limited? If not that would make me think he will not be ready for the opener or maybe weeks into the season. Irregardless, his health and well being is the most important thing and I wish him well.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the rehab is limited throwing.

Not sure of all the details, but the keys are

pain and the healing process. Being pain

free is the goal, which would reflect the

fulfillment of the rehab. I think he is

weeks away from that goal.

This injury and rehab is not simply a

matter of sucking it up and playing.

If Curt doesn't rehab probably, he

will not be making a full contribution

to his team. South needs him to get

healed.

Thanks for the update StanTrott. Has Curt been allowed to throw any? If so how much is he limited? If not that would make me think he will not be ready for the opener or maybe weeks into the season. Irregardless, his health and well being is the most important thing and I wish him well.

I'll see if I can get them to come. Waco and Art love our cheerleaders. Were you two guys cheerleaders when you attended DB. :blink:

Leave the funny stuff to me and Art and get back to the Hay Field. You don't want it to rain on your Hay before you get it in the barn. Cows want eat molded Hay.

South not only returns the coach of the year the off player of the year and the def player of the year .....South brings up and exceptional sophmore running back(Taylor Fletcher)... and to run behind 3 all conference ol ..... the def will be anchored by an all conference DT ........south will be rarely contested.... and no im not boasting a team I currently play for but me being a recent alumni only wishing the best for a great group of young men that helped me achieve my goal....The south's gonna do it again

I watched South play four games last year. I very much enjoy their style (physical and confident). If the QB is healthy they take the mountain lakes easy. The Game vs Dobyns Bennet should be an all out war. Who else will they play that can give them a test. I like to pick a good Friday night game somewhere in northeast Tennessee to watch. Any advice?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

South hardly threw the ball last year. Running was their offense, and they lost both of their running backs. I don't care who this sophomore is, I guarantee he doesn't come close to what Sandidge and McMillin did last year. Curt may be good, but he can't carry this whole team.

The DB-South game may be a war, a war of the United States (DB) against the Bahamas (South). South had their chance last year.

Curt better be ready to go by the 24th. He is about to get an awakening.

He woke up last year at the DB game.

Ask Graham Clark if he remembers that game.

South hardly threw the ball last year. Running was their offense, and they lost both of their running backs. I don't care who this sophomore is, I guarantee he doesn't come close to what Sandidge and McMillin did last year. Curt may be good, but he can't carry this whole team.

The DB-South game may be a war, a war of the United States (DB) against the Bahamas (South). South had their chance last year.

Curt better be ready to go by the 24th. He is about to get an awakening.